Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Folkish traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    An open relationship: the surest way to destroy your relationship. This has got to be one of the dumbest ideas couples can come up with - it's a huge risk for a happy couple and the first step to breaking up for unhappy ones, it's a signal. I suppose some people can handle it, but it's still immoral and detrimental for the social fabric. I personally know a woman whose parents divorced because her father wanted to see his wife have sex with another guy, his best friend - it was his fantasy. They had sex several times and ultimately it led to divorce. Not surprised.
    "Perpetual peace is a dream and not a pleasant one at that. War is a part of God's plan. In it the most noble virtues in man unfold: courage, self-denial, devotion to duty, self-sacrifice. Without war the world will be mired in materialism." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    I personally could not do the open relationship thing, you are in a relationship for reasons and one of those reasons is commitment. I am not opposed to the idea of divorce when a marriage goes bad. People should end the relationship before they go romping around.

Besides, in this crazy world how would you feel if you or your partner caught an STD and passed it along?
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 11:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Agreed with the two posts above. Why bother with marriage if you want to f@#k other people.
    Our beauty is our power, our strength. We can’t allow them to change us, to lessen us. I will never grant them that satisfaction, and neither should you!

White Oleander

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aesthete For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    For some people it's pretty black and white, again the influence of Christianity. But love and marriage for life and with one person only doesn't work for everyone. Some people practice serial mongamy, other cheat and lie about it (very many, if we're going to be honest). There are also people who fall easily in love, people who have deep feelings or who can love more than one person at the same time. I agree with Gejfon, Christian influenced culture will say that's not possible, but the low success rates of monogamous relationships say otherwise.. our feelings can't be always limited to the same person, and if we care about someone else it's not "betrayal". Betrayal is when you lie and hide from your partner, you do something and tell them something else, so calling an open relationship cheating is incorrect. An open relationship is a private agreement between people who don't live by conventional Christian rules.

For me it has happened similar what has happened with Víđálfr, I fell in love with a woman at the same time I was with a man. But the man was understanding and kind to me and we could talk about it. Women especially are capable of loving more than one person at the same time, just as we are used to sharing our love with more than one offspring. But men also often shared their love life also with more than one wife or concubine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sól For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Mecklenburg, Bohemia, Bukowina
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Folkish
    Religion
    Nature/Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sól View Post
    There are also people who fall easily in love, people who have deep feelings or who can love more than one person at the same time.
    That's totally me and I do not hide that!

I believe it is good to love as many people as possible and without imposing yourself any limits... Anyway, there are different types of love, and maternal love is one of them. Friendship is also a type of love, and the list goes on, so love is not restricted to marriages or to that type of relationships only. However, these can also merge into deeper feelings and types of love... and when in a relationship, you can experience more than one type of love with the same person. At least in my case, in 7 years I had plenty of time to experience many types of love in the same relationship. And observing also the relationships and marriages of other people, I guess the most successful ones actually become very good and deep friendships, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sól View Post
    For me it has happened similar what has happened with Víđálfr, I fell in love with a woman at the same time I was with a man. But the man was understanding and kind to me and we could talk about it. Women especially are capable of loving more than one person at the same time, just as we are used to sharing our love with more than one offspring. But men also often shared their love life also with more than one wife or concubine.
    I guess there are some men who have the fantasy of having two wives, or girlfriends, who also love each other... Well, I personally think it would be nicer than jealousy and things like that, especially if there is true and honest love. Then this would be probably named polyamory, which could be another topic.
    However, if I am in love with someone I do not mind if he's already in a relationship, even married, as long as that is also fine with him and with his girlfriend or wife too. Actually what I did many times was telling the girlfriends of the men I fell in love with that I was in love with their men. And I've even got good feedback with that. I personally would not feel well if a man I love would be cheating on his partner to be with me, I'd prefer her to know and to discuss everything honestly. And if we could love each other too, or at least be friends, if not more than that, that would be even better. This is how things would ideally be, in my opinion. But unfortunately some people just cannot understand that. And I do not feel comfortable with such situations... If people would be just more open minded...
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

Last Online
    3 Minutes Ago @ 09:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Open relationships are what blacks do. Don't act like them.
    Last edited by Chlodovech; Tuesday, August 21st, 2018 at 11:44 AM. Reason: No racial slurs!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Astragoth For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Astragoth View Post
    Open relationships are what blacks do. Don't act like them.
    Um, no. Blacks are experts in cheating and lying to their "boos". Also famous for having baby mommas and baby daddies, but they don't have much of a relationship with those in the first place.

Having an open relationship would require honesty and transparence, something blacks ain't exactly experts at.
    Last edited by Chlodovech; Tuesday, August 21st, 2018 at 11:45 AM. Reason: No racial slurs!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gefjon For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 11:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Dutch, Low German & French
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Iowa Iowa
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Free & Libertarian
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I'm strictly monogamous and wouldn't enter an open relationship, any extramarital affairs would count as adultery to me, even if it is in the open. However, as morally reprehensible as that seems to me, I cannot really dictate how others should live their lives. An open relationship being a private matter between consenting adults, it wouldn't really be my business. They would have to reap the consequences of their behavior one day. If the couple have small children, there could be complications. They would have to keep their extramarital affairs out of the household, for sure. I could easily see it becoming a disaster, unless the extramarital relations were strictly sexual. But even then, there would be no guarantee one of them would fall for their lover.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Idis For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    6 Days Ago @ 08:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    French/German/English
    Ancestry
    France, Germany, England
    Country
    France France
    Leo
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    I don't support open relationships. I'm strictly monogamous. I deeply value loyalty.

Also, I think content and honest people wouldn’t want to seek other partners if they are happy and content with their relationships.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Drusilla For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Volga German
    Ancestry
    German communities in Russia
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Russia German Community Russia German Community
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Open relationships are a fancy way to say you are basically openly and mutually committing adultery. The fact that it is done in plain sight makes it even more shameless than regular betrayal. Marriage is for one man and one woman, period, also marriage is until death do you part, not until you start to become bored and fancy experimenting with other people. If there is something troubling in your relationship, communicate and fix it. This modern running away from problems is just another reason why our society has become so degenerate.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolgadeutscher For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast