Far Centre
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Why they are bad, or even not traditional (not that I would care about traditions though).
    Each of them are bad because neither one serves the traditional germanic concept of marriage. In my opinion preservation is also based on traditions.
    Because you don't care about traditions that doesn't mean that they can be neglected.
    But since you admitted that you don't care about them I don't see a reason why I should try to prove you their value.
    Besides it is also a bad example for the youth, but mostly it teaches people how to focus from quality to quantity. eyes:
    About swingers I think the worst, it is like cheating in a more diplomatic way.eyes:
    How can an individual fall on such a low level to allow to his/her partner to date with others, or to do even more...?eyes:
    Where is pride, where is honour, where is self esteem?!

Nope, they are not
    One is about taking responsibility for your actions (duties/rights dualism) the other things is harlotry (rights without any duties).
    Why? isn't one wife enough to be responsible of? Why do you need more than one?eyes:
    :Überschöpfung:

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deary View Post
    The majority of these type of relationships do not last because one or both involved are not able to cope with the other's partners.
    Polygamy certainly isn't for the majority anyways.
    And the individual sacrifice one would have to make in such a group is nothing compared to the biological advantages, it simply needs strong persons for such a realtionship, I heard they still exist .. somewhere .

Quote Originally Posted by Hrodnand View Post
    Each of them are bad because neither one serves the traditional germanic concept of marriage. In my opinion preservation is also based on traditions.
    Traditionally, Germanic traditions change
    Traditions are no end in itself, good traditions need to be kept going, bad ones need to be destroyed, traditions should not be preserved just because they are traditions.

Because you don't care about traditions that doesn't mean that they can be neglected.
    Traditions are the result of a community, since we have quite some crappy community right now, we also have crappy traditions, we make the community healthy again, and we can destroy all traditions and the then freshly evolving ones will be exculsively healthy.
    In many cases they will be the same as the ones in other healthy times, if some get lost, so what?
    What Germanics create is Germanic, no need to always do the same thing, just on different days eyes:

But since you admitted that you don't care about them I don't see a reason why I should try to prove you their value.
    I didn't aks you to, I asked you why polygamy is not traditional to begin with, tradition comming from the word "trade", so there is no need for a majority to practice a tradition, and the elites always have been polygymous in Germanic societies, so it seems a Germanic tradition that the elites have polygamous relationships , e.g. ever heard of Carl (Charlmange) the Great, King Henry VIII or Sigurd?
    Odin, Thor? All polygamous, actually Baldur was the only God who gets a specific mentioning of a monogamous realtionship, I guess from all others it was the norm to have more than one relationship.
    Additionally Tacitus writes about the elite having more than one wife, and the list goes on ....

So I am not asking you to convince me of the importance of traditions, but why polygamy is no Germanic one.

Besides it is also a bad example for the youth, but mostly it teaches people how to focus from quality to quantity. eyes:
    Nope, it doesn't, because the focus is the offspring in a healthy society.
    A polygynic relationship can not produce more children as when all the woman had monogamous relationships, a polyandric relationship even only far less.
    But if the elites perform polygyny, then the quality of the offspring can raise tremendously.
    Say we have one elite, four medicore and five idiot men, the same with woman, now the chances for the quality of the offspring would be way better if all the women would mate with the elite man.

About swingers I think the worst, it is like cheating in a more diplomatic way.eyes:
    You already have been enlighted that polygamy is not even similar to being a "swinger", it is the exact opposite.

How can an individual fall on such a low level to allow to his/her partner to date with others, or to do even more...?eyes:
    I don't know how this happens, but we can clearly see that this happens, and even more, that this has happend at all time, and in every high culture.
    Conclduing that in healthy times people would reject hedonistic behaviour, we must further conclude that they have seen sense in it, and were succesfull with it (with supports the sense).
    I don't see how this is against honour, pride or self-esteem. Please elaborate.

Why? isn't one wife enough to be responsible of? Why do you need more than one?eyes:
    It is not about me, I am monogamous, but I don't see why I should others forbid to go this way, when there is a clear biological advantage (if there weren't I would give yout the benefit of the doubt, but now that there is, you need to be more convincing), so far you have said: a) it is against tradition b) it teaches quality over quantity c) it is against honour etc.

a) and b) are disproven, and c) is just a cant so far.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Sunday, December 2nd, 2018 @ 06:06 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Ancestry
    Austria/GermanBohemia
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Zodiac Sign
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Project management consultant
    Politics
    Far Centre
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Polygamy certainly isn't for the majority anyways.
    And the individual sacrifice one would have to make in such a group is nothing compared to the biological advantages, it simply needs strong persons for such a realtionship, I heard they still exist .. somewhere .
    Well since they are so far "somewhere" I don't give much about them they are surely not in our world.eyes:

Traditionally, Germanic traditions change
    Traditions are no end in itself, good traditions need to be kept going, bad ones need to be destroyed, traditions should not be preserved just because they are traditions.

Since the family is the most important basement of a community I can not let such an alien thing to be introduced. To destroy the concept of a monogamous marriage would occur a disaster on the germanic world, the gods would just laugh on us that we make shame of ourselves..eyes:

Traditions are the result of a community, since we have quite some crappy community right now, we also have crappy traditions, we make the community healthy again, and we can destroy all traditions and the then freshly evolving ones will be exculsively healthy.
    Most of the traditions we know about and follow, were not made yesterday or the day before and certainly not in this crappy community that you talk of.
    Traditions are the only marks to show, that once existed men and women, our ancestors, who knew a lot about honour and who knew that there are things that need to be kept, generation after generation, and all this, before this crappy community was born and formed.
    This crappy community is what takes traditions for nothing and laughs in the face of those who talk about honour and old values.

In many cases they will be the same as the ones in other healthy times, if some get lost, so what?
    What Germanics create is Germanic, no need to always do the same thing, just on different days eyes:
    That is so not true. Ronen Eidelman is a germanic man who supports the forming of a jewish state in Germany, through immigration. Is that germanic? what if he summons enough germanics who will support him and state that he's right. Will then that be considered germanic, just because the mass supports a certain idea that just emerged from the minds of those who don't give a damn about traditions, without considering the consequences of such ideas? eyes:
    And what if I summon a group of man and start fighting for multiculturalism, will that be considered germanic, just because I have germanic ancestors? It is not only blood and race that makes a man/woman germanic, but a certain state of spirit and mentality is needed too eyes:
    I have seen people with germanic blood being ungermanic, laughing at their origins and making shame of them. I won't consider them germanic that's for sure.eyes:

The elites always have been polygymous in Germanic societies, so it seems a Germanic tradition that the elites have polygamous relationships , e.g. ever heard of Carl (Charlmange) the Great, King Henry VIII or Sigurd?
    Odin, Thor? All polygamous, actually Baldur was the only God who gets a specific mentioning of a monogamous realtionship, I guess from all others it was the norm to have more than one relationship.
    Additionally Tacitus writes about the elite having more than one wife, and the list goes on ....
    Hm, would you please be kind and show me where Tacitus writes that the elites were polygamous, cause I have been reading a lot from his works about the germanics but I don't remember him stating such a thing. He only says that "some of the tribes" but no "elites" were mentioned.
    Wotan(Odin) has one wife at the time, he made mistakes just like us, but one always learns from his mistakes. Read the Havamal and you will understand what I am talking about. With Donar(Thor) it is the same, he only has one wife, Sif, though he has an offspring with Járnsaxa, Modi he could have done the same mistake as Wotan did. But we can learn from their mistakes can't we?

Nope, it doesn't, because the focus is the offspring in a healthy society.
    A polygynic relationship can not produce more children as when all the woman had monogamous relationships, a polyandric relationship even only far less.
    But if the elites perform polygyny, then the quality of the offspring can raise tremendously.
    Since when you have the right to judge who is the "elite" and who is not?
    It is not the increasing number of germanics we should pay attention to, cause for those who follow the traditional way, the families will increase anyway. It is the increase of non germanics in germanic countries that we should pay more attention to and in times like these, where people mostly forget about their culture and ancestral ship should we truly show the value of traditions, our traditions.

Say we have one elite, four medicore and five idiot men, the same with woman, now the chances for the quality of the offspring would be way better if all the women would mate with the elite man.
    How about raising up "elite" boys and "elite" girls and teach them what makes us unique among all others?

I don't see how this is against honour, pride or self-esteem. Please elaborate.
    If one allows his/her wife to date or to have sex with others, that individual shows great lack of pride, honour and self esteem.

It is not about me, I am monogamous, but I don't see why I should others forbid to go this way, so far you have said: a) it is against tradition b) it teaches quality over quantity c) it is against honour etc.

a) and b) are disproven, and c) is just a cant so far.
    I didn't say to forbid if you could be kind and please read my former posts.eyes:
    I didn't say to forbid, but to make pressure on them. I also noted why I am against.
    :Überschöpfung:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    East German
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    National
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Open relationships are a sign of degeneration of our people. What kind of man that has a little drop of self-respect has no problem with other men screwing his woman? If I caught another man trying to do it to my woman I'd put him into the hospital. The instinct of possession is natural and healthy: we protect what is ours. "Open relationships" are just a modern, politically correct way of describing whorish and slutty behaviour. Women who open their relationships, i.e. their legs wide to other men are whores and men who screw other women are disgusting weaklings.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts
    I find "open relationships" ungermanic because they are dishonorable. Honor is a Germanic trait, and we should be honorable towards our pairs.

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 05:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    If elites were that endangered and desperate, then artificial insemination would do the job in a less messy and more dignified manner.

If there was ever a need for polygamy in history after devastating wars, or depopulation, it can be argued that in today's times there is no longer any need, reason or advantage to having more than one wife- and precisely those men who would do it are most likely to be the types least desireable to hand their genes down to posterity.

Men today can't even handle one woman and the few children, how in the world would they handle more?

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    Well since they are so far "somewhere" I don't give much about them they are surely not in our world.eyes:
    How do you know?

Since the family is the most important basement of a community I can not let such an alien thing to be introduced.
    It is not alien

Most of the traditions we know about and follow, were not made yesterday or the day before and certainly not in this crappy community that you talk of.
    Lol, maybe not in Romania, but here in Germany very few follow the traditions of old, and many follow the traditions of "now".

This crappy community is what takes traditions for nothing and laughs in the face of those who talk about honour and old values.
    Yep, seems to be a tradition in this society

That is so not true. Ronen Eidelman is a germanic man who supports the forming of a jewish state in Germany, through immigration. Is that germanic? [...]
    It is not only blood and race that makes a man/woman germanic, but a certain state of spirit and mentality is needed too eyes:
    So you answered your question by yourself, obviously Ronen Eidelman is not Germanic, and thus doesn't create anything Germanic

Hm, would you please be kind and show me where Tacitus writes that the elites were polygamous, cause I have been reading a lot from his works about the germanics but I don't remember him stating such a thing. He only says that "some of the tribes" but no "elites" were mentioned.
    "Yet the laws of matrimony are severely observed there; nor in the whole of their manners is aught more praiseworthy than this: for they are almost the only Barbarians contented with one wife, excepting a very few amongst them; men of dignity who marry divers wives, from no wantonness or lubricity, but courted for the lustre of their family into many alliances."

Not just "some", men of dignity, who are obviously exceptionally worthy of alliances

Wotan(Odin) has one wife at the time, he made mistakes just like us, but one always learns from his mistakes. Read the Havamal and you will understand what I am talking about. With Donar(Thor) it is the same, he only has one wife, Sif, though he has an offspring with Járnsaxa, Modi he could have done the same mistake as Wotan did. But we can learn from their mistakes can't we?
    I admit it has been some time since I read those stories, so is there some kind of regret, or some kind of contempt by others? I can't recall.
    Or how do we know this was a mistake?

Anyways, I have more, do you know the term "Mit Kind und Kegel"? "Kind" are children from your main wife, and "Kegel" those from your sidewife (Kebse)
    And in English the word "Queen" was once just a word for the main wife.

Since when you have the right to judge who is the "elite" and who is not?
    Eh?

It is not the increasing number of germanics we should pay attention to, cause for those who follow the traditional way, the families will increase anyway.
    Didn't you read what I wrote? It is not about numbers, it is about quality, polygamy is an eugenic thing.
    How the heck even can a polygamous family create more children than monogamous ones?

How about raising up "elite" boys and "elite" girls and teach them what makes us unique among all others?
    Elite boys and girls mostly stem from elite parents, so this is a way to ensure exactly this

If one allows his/her wife to date or to have sex with others, that individual shows great lack of pride, honour and self esteem.
    eyes: Why?

I didn't say to forbid, but to make pressure on them. I also noted why I am against.
    Ah yes , then let's say I wouldn't make pressure on them

Quote Originally Posted by NordicPower View Post
    If elites were that endangered and desperate, then artificial insemination would do the job in a less messy and more dignified manner.
    So you want to take away the children of a man, just so he has not more than one woman, because this is so much worse, and why exactly?

If there was ever a need for polygamy in history after devastating wars, or depopulation, it can be argued that in today's times there is no longer any need...
    And again, how would polygamy help to populate a state?

Men today can't even handle one woman and the few children, how in the world would they handle more?
    If they can't they don't, no one will force them to.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Saturday, April 28th, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Racialist Free Enterprise
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    And again, how would polygamy help to populate a state?
    Theoretically, it could help to repopulate a state faster because of the different types of 'investment' that each sex contributes to the reproductive process -- i.e., males have low investment in the physical development of the offspring, seeing as how the female must carry the child for such a long period of time. So, males could contribute their part in the reproductive process with a large amount of females in a small amount of time, whereas females can only focus on one individual offspring at a very slow pace.

Of course, there is the issue of whether or not this sort of reproduction is potentially harmful to the larger gene pool; there is a higher chance that overly-similar genes might recombine in the future, and this can have very negative consequences.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MockTurtle View Post
    Theoretically, it could help to repopulate a state faster because of the different types of 'investment' that each sex contributes to the reproductive process -- i.e., males have low investment in the physical development of the offspring, seeing as how the female must carry the child for such a long period of time. So, males could contribute their part in the reproductive process with a large amount of females in a small amount of time, whereas females can only focus on one individual offspring at a very slow pace.
    Long answer short, when there are less men than women

Quote Originally Posted by MockTurtle View Post
    Of course, there is the issue of whether or not this sort of reproduction is potentially harmful to the larger gene pool; there is a higher chance that overly-similar genes might recombine in the future, and this can have very negative consequences.
    Overwhelmingly positive effects, when we pay attention to the child development (eugenics).

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, January 8th, 2009 @ 04:46 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Polygamy is like Communism, sounds good in theory to some. Before you know it, you will be swimming in a gene pool of inbred mongrels which end up looking like outve that movie "Deliverance" or worse.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast