Thread: Secularism: Positive or Negative?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

Secularism: Positive or Negative?

What is your opinion on secularism? Is it a positive or negative aspect in our countries?

I'll quote some opinions from another thread for starters:

Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    I know many people don't like Christianity very much, but one reason the Muslims haven't succeeded to impose their ways on the people here is the fervent Christianity of the people, whether Orthodoxism, Catholicism or Lutheranism. Is England becoming more secular? Where are the Christians in England? Why no one speaks up against this religious bigotry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    The English are very secular. I think most of the religious (Christian) English departed for America generations ago. But I think this has more to do with multiculturalism & being overly tolerant of things that are alien to England then about the secularism of the native English.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jute View Post
    If Paisleyite Protestantism were strong(er) in England, the people would fight. Secular humanism does not inspire men to fight, esp. not with the fanaticism that sometimes is required.
    So, what about you? Do you think secular countries are more prone to accepting things like multiculturalism, homosexuality, and other modern-day practices which can be detrimental to preservation? Do we need some fanaticism like Jute mentions, to fight against the decadence of our countries?

P.S. To my example from above, I add the example of the Amish too. They are opposed to accepting modern practices too, which turn out to be detrimental to preservation. And they are too, very religious.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    East German
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    National
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    On the contrary, it's Christianity that preaches this tolerance and lamb-like attitude. Christianity has taken a whimpish side in contemporary times, like I said before. But even when Christianity was fanatic, the Christians aimed to convert anyone and everyone to their religion, by force if "necessary". So even if Christianity returned to its fanatic times, it wouldn't be useful to us because it doesn't know ethnic boundaries. Christians would just be happy with converting millions of Muslim aliens to their religion. Even if our countries are more "secular" now, centuries of Christianity have influenced the people and still have its say when it comes to mentality.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    Secularism does nothing from a ethnic preservation p.o.v. On the other hand I think religion has helped reinforce ethic identity in some historical cases. For example the Turkish occupation of the Balkans where the various national Orthodox churches helped preserved the various national identities, e.g. Greek, Bulgarian, Serbian ... Also Catholicism was a big part of the Irish identity & of the French-Canadian identity (both under British rule), helping to preserve those cultures. In South Africa, the Afrikaner Calvinist Churches will probably the biggest factor in preventing Afrikaners from disappearing from the face of the earth.

Christianity itself does not promote racial or ethnic preservation. Many mainline churches in America openly promote multiculturalism, but those churches are also declining in membership. In the US, Sunday is referred to as the most segregated day of the week, because most churchgoers attend Church with persons who are of the same race as themselves & in many case of similar ethnic background. There aren't many Lutherans with Italian surnames. So religion can be useful in the pursuit of ethnic preservation.

Last Online
    Saturday, November 22nd, 2008 @ 11:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Single adult
    Politics
    Patriot, Germanicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Carrying further what Æmeric wrote, let us remember something:

Martin Luther's and the other Reformers' main goal was to create a German[ic] Church apart from the "universal" RomanCatholic Church. A church "by and for" Germans, free from Roman control. This is why the Reformation swept across the Germanic world like a fire, because it was tied with our ethnopatriotism deeply. Correcting the errors and the corrupt practices of RomanCatholicism was a part of it. But theological discussions are not enough to get patriots excited with a fervor, like this:

In August 1566, a Protestant mob stormed the church of Hondschoote in Flanders (now in Northern France). This relatively small incident spread North and led to the outbreak of massive anti-Catholic riots by Dutch patriots, who stormed Roman Catholic churches and other religious buildings, ransacking them and destroying statues and images of Catholic saints all over the Netherlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    There aren't many Lutherans with Italian surnames. So religion can be useful in the pursuit of ethnic preservation.
    Such was the original goal. If a Turk adopted Reformation Christianity, Luther would most likely encourage him to do so, but to form an Turkish Church. (Of course none Turks would convert, because their own ethnopatriotism makes them to be Islamic).

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, December 28th, 2008 @ 08:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    British
    Subrace
    sub-nordic
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    National Anarchist
    Religion
    Hatha Yoga
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would love a bit of Paisleyite Protestantism in England.

There is nothing wrong with being secular, but secularism is inherently evil. I am religious and they want to take away my way of life from me. Not okay. All in the name of materialism; count me out. :

Last Online
    Friday, November 1st, 2019 @ 09:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-African
    Ancestry
    English
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Preservation of diversity
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    "Multiculturalism" and homosexuality have been pushed by the churches too. The important thing is to have suitable politics, to promote preservation. If the churches want to survive, they'll just sing along.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 @ 11:48 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German/Dutch/Austrian/Danish
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Religions help to bring together a people under a new culture, and in effect destroying or greatly diminishing all previous cultures involved. Secularism is a good thing when used by a governmental force. This way nobody is suppressed and cultures can live side by side instead of merging. Neither situation is ideal, but in my opinion living side by side is the more ideal scenario of the two, as it does allow for preservation of separate cultures.

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts
    The one reason I would support religion and people being religious is where this quality would sustain a homogeneous Germanic community. In truth, I think American Christianity has been corrupted by the jewish agenda, and this is why I am completely ambivalent about religion now. The Episcopal Church has consecrated an openly gay bishop and apologized for slavery, and now they want to make "reparations." Lutherans bring the lowest forms of human scum, somalians, to live in what was almost 100% Germanic areas of middle America. Evangelists like John Hagee seem to care more about israel then they do about the survival of their own people. They worship these same evil people jesus threw out of the temple. The jews are not "god's chosen people;" this is just a lie they made up to trick us into worshiping them, and when we don't they scream that we are antisemitic. Reason # 45603497 I find them utterly offensive.

Religion is only good for one thing: cementing a community together and reminding them to do good and be decent to one another. That's all. When it did that, I supported it. It no longer does that. It worships the false anti-Germanic god of the pharisees, multiculturalism.

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 08:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossi
    But even when Christianity was fanatic, the Christians aimed to convert anyone and everyone to their religion, by force if "necessary". So even if Christianity returned to its fanatic times, it wouldn't be useful to us because it doesn't know ethnic boundaries.
    Christians would just be happy with converting millions of Muslim aliens to their religion.
    Not necessarily. Those converts might have to deal with a lot of suspicion, just like Jews converting to Christianity are always frowned upon, and not considered real Christians. I'd say that the 19th century secular drive to teach Africans and Asians a 'civilized language', like English or French, is far more damaging to the ethnic composition of our countries today, than all the converted Christians in the world. Besides, muslims are not gonna convert to Christianity, they get the death penalty for it, and their families will break ties with any individual member who'd wanna settle for Jesus Christ.

Christians don't walk around assuming the Africans they meet in our own streets are Christians, while they probably are. Like anybody else they will notice that they're foreign.

Even if our countries are more "secular" now, centuries of Christianity have influenced the people and still have its say when it comes to mentality.
    Humanism is partly rooted in Christianity, that much is true.

I think we need fanaticism, Oswald Spengler saw it as our only option. Political fanaticism that is, 'cause religious/secular fanaticism would also divide our own folk.
    “Every integral man has inside him, in his heart of hearts, a mystic center around which all else revolves. This mystic whirling lends unity to his thoughts and actions; it helps him find or invent the cosmic harmony. For some this center is love, for others kindness or beauty, others the thirst for knowledge or the longing for gold and power. They examine the relative value of all else and subordinate it to this central passion.” - Nikos Kazantzakis, 'Report to Greco'

Last Online
    2 Minutes Ago @ 10:07 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech
    I think we need fanaticism, Oswald Spengler saw it as our only option. Political fanaticism that is, 'cause religious/secular fanaticism would also divide our own folk.
    I think people need a reason what to fight for, not hollowed political fanatism for the sake of fanatism.
    But, in general I agree, with religious goals we'll only end up fighting each other.

@thread topic: I think every 'ism' is in itself a sick system. Always and with no exception. Religion is the only system that comes without the ism, but has one, as it is composed of fundamentalism, jesuism or whatever one wants to name it. People even state here as their religion Hitlerism. Every ism is a religion, a system of manifested beliefs, turned into a system, engraved into monoliths and from this moment on are sick. The choice between one ism or another is that of chosing the lesser evil. Good is none of them.

Funnily enough, this applies to secularism as well. While it was a good idea to remove christianity from the influencial positions in politics, the secular approach itself replaced not only christianity, but in the end the entire folk spirit. And even more dangerous, it became a religion itself, but one without morals, no values, no virtues, no past and no future. Obviously a side effect on all isms...
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature