State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatest View Post
    I also think excessive masturbation has it's effect on teen acne (hormones), depression (hormones) and sexuality (and oh, some more hormones :o :p).
    Do you have any proof of this?

Plus I believe the anicent Chinese had nothing good to say about masturbation, neither does Christianity or Indian texts.
    Moral wisdom of ancients vs scientific fact, hmm.. a tough one. Chinese worried male masturbation would deplete a man's "yang energy," with absolutely no evidence such a thing as "yang energy" even exists. Not a word on masturbation on Buddhism, barely a word in Hinduism (it is not banned outright in either). Likewise Christianity has nothing to say about masturbation, period. There's not a single word about it in the Bible.

Sorry folks, but I think if masturbation was truly healthy for you, this kind of thing would had been discovered centuries ago, not conveniently ''discovered'' by a man with the last name of ---Stein
    There have been moral and religious barriers to studying subjects such as masturbation and anything else considered 'deviant' since ancient times, it is only relatively recently in human history that medical advancements and dropped taboos allow scientists to study such things in greater detail.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    East German
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    National
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
    If my creator didn't want me to jerk off, I wouldn't have hands would I?
    You could do million other things with those hands, including kill someone or desecrate "holy" places. Did your "creator" give them to you to kill someone or desecrate holy places? Poor argument you have there.

Last Online
    Sunday, December 2nd, 2018 @ 06:06 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Ancestry
    Austria/GermanBohemia
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Zodiac Sign
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Project management consultant
    Politics
    Far Centre
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    Do you have any proof of this?

Moral wisdom of ancients vs scientific fact, hmm.. a tough one. Chinese worried male masturbation would deplete a man's "yang energy," with absolutely no evidence such a thing as "yang energy" even exists. Not a word on masturbation on Buddhism, barely a word in Hinduism (it is not banned outright in either). Likewise Christianity has nothing to say about masturbation, period. There's not a single word about it in the Bible.

There have been moral and religious barriers to studying subjects such as masturbation and anything else considered 'deviant' since ancient times, it is only relatively recently in human history that medical advancements and dropped taboos allow scientists to study such things in greater detail.
    I don't really care about what Japanese, Indians, Christians stated about sexuality, neither about any civilization that made philosophies about it.
    What I do care about are my ancestors, and the fact that among ancient germanics sexuality was a matter of love and devotion towards one's partner, and it was a taboo, rightfully. It wasn't meant to be an everyday subject since it is a private matter of everyone's own life and I think so should be nowadays. The whole thing of bringing up sexuality as an everyday matter caused what you see nowadays, mostly among teenagers, when you see them starting a sexual life already at an early age.
    The whole subject of sexuality has been perverted either by scientists or other people who exploited it. I put old moral values far above in this matter, than scientific facts, since most of those facts that science claims are speculations and guesses.

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrodnand View Post
    What I do care about are my ancestors, and the fact that among ancient germanics sexuality was a matter of love and devotion towards one's partner, and it was a taboo, rightfully.
    This is all speculation and guess. How does anyone have any idea what were the very private practices of their ancestors? They did not write about things like this.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossi View Post
    Did your "creator" give them to you to kill someone or desecrate holy places? Poor argument you have there.
    I am sure he did but that's just that gut feeling I have, ya know.. I'm sure he'd be pretty satisfied if I sacrificed a mosque or two..

And I am not here to argue .. just spreading the Good News that it's not a harmful thing to anyone (including yourself) unless you keep telling yourself it is..

Last Online
    Sunday, December 2nd, 2018 @ 06:06 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Ancestry
    Austria/GermanBohemia
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Zodiac Sign
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Project management consultant
    Politics
    Far Centre
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    This is all speculation and guess. How does anyone have any idea what were the very private practices of their ancestors? They did not write about things like this.
    This is not a guess, it is well known that among nordic/germanic people sexual activity is much more reduced then at other ethnicities. Since it was a more sacred thing and a private matter of one's own life,(not to be exploited!) I'm sure they didn't make any arguments among each other why should they jerk off and why not.
    Yes, sure they didn't write about things like these since they weren't so concerned about, they had much more important things to do in life than to just jerk off, like being a worthy man, making a strong community, ensuring the folk to survive the hard winters, defending the family in times of battle etc.
    But I wont struggle here to prove anything to you, as I've said , all these new "scientific facts" are just an excuse for those who follow perverted sexual habits: like masturbation.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrodnand View Post
    This is not a guess, it is well known that among nordic/germanic people sexual activity is much more reduced then at other ethnicities. .
    I could be wrong but I could have sworn that I read an article that Scandinavians were the most sexually satisfied peoples on earth.. Or at least in Europe..

Last Online
    Friday, April 3rd, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway, Paternal: Massachusetts
    Subrace
    I don't know Lundman's taxonomy.
    Country
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Concerning masturbation

A man's epididymes and vasa deferentia fill up and become congested with unreleased sperm. They require periodic emptying. The urge to empty them is just as compelling as that to empty the urinary bladder or the intestines. The "safety valve" mechanism of nocturnal emissions (a.k.a."wet dreams") is very ineffective. IMO, very few men would claim that their sexual tension and discomfort are really relieved by nocturnal emissions.

Youths and unmarried men have few alternatives to self-relief. Even married men find it necessary to relieve this congestion themselves. Many a man who thought that he had married a "hot number" has discovered to his dismay that her sexual needs and desires are far less compelling than his and that, somehow, since the wedding, she has started having frequent headaches in the evenings.

If he is to remain faithful to his vows, what is he to do ? Suffer ? I know, suffering is supposed to be good for your soul. It's too bad that we don't have a "Bronx cheer" smiley. Masturbation is a wholesome natural means of disposing of unused spermatozoa.

So, does masturbation relieve stress ? Speaking only from my own experience, I have found it to be very effective, far more so than occupying the mind with games, or, as I used to do in my 20's, factoring 5-digit numbers to determine if they are primes. It is certainly preferable to OTC or prescription tranquilisers, alcohol, or narcotics.

Masturbation has at least four advantages. It is the ultimate in safe sex. It transmits no diseases, it begets no bastards, it costs nothing, and it is always available. It has one undeniable disadvantage: you don't get to meet interesting people that way.

Ah, but isn't masturbation a sin ? I have studied comparative religion, and, as far as I can determine, a few religions think so, but more don't . Masturbation, as such, is not mentioned in the Bible, the Vedas, the Upanishads, or the Dhammapada.

The Taoists regard it as an unhealthy practise, but, having no concept of sin, do not label it as sinful. The Zoroastrians rank it right alongside sodomy as a grave sin. It is a sin in Islam also. I can find no reference to it in Shinto writings.

Well, what about the story of Onan in the Old Testament ? Yes, what about it ? Only a celibate clergyman unaware of the variety of human sexual practises, could have imagined that Onan masturbated.

Onan was commanded by the Deity to beget offspring on his brother's widow so that his brother could have an heir. Onan did not want to share his brother's estate with another heir. Therefore, he "spilled his seed on the ground", at the end of COITUS INTERRUPTUS. Having the services of a woman, why should he masturbate when he had only to withdraw before ejaculating ?

What, then was his sin ? Twofold: avarice, and disobedience.

Of course, it is BECAUSE masturbation begets no offspring that it is condemned. "Be fruitful and multiply has been called "the zero-th Commandment" because it is supposed to have been delivered to all living beings long before the Decalogue was given to mankind.

However, it was given to living beings on an empty uninhabited planet, not to mankind living in an already overpopulated world. Ostensibly, sex is made pleasurable to ensure the propagation of the race. There is no danger that the propagation of the race will fail. Yet, the sex urge is as strong as ever and sex is as enjoyable as ever. Sexual practises which do not lead to reproduction ought to be encouraged, not condemned.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 10:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Last Online
    Friday, April 3rd, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway, Paternal: Massachusetts
    Subrace
    I don't know Lundman's taxonomy.
    Country
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

How lucky I am.

I am so grateful that I was not caught early before I'd learned to think for myself and had a religion foisted on me.

"Every sperm is sacred" Indeed ? Tell your celibate priests that. What use is made of their sperms which their bodies get rid of spontaneously ? Of the hundreds of millions of sperms introduced into a woman's vagina during one act of intercourse, at most, only ONE is not wasted. All the rest of these "sacred" sperms DIE.

Some married couples try all their lives to have a child and never succeed. Imagine how many HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of "sacred" sperms have been wasted through no fault of theirs. And that's just by ONE couple.

If any sperm is to be considered sacred, it might be that one which , by chance or design, was the one which begot a great benefactor of mankind.
    Shall we consider the sperm which begot Joseph Vissarionovitch, Dzugashvili
    ("Stalin') to have been "sacred" ? How about the ones which begot Atilla the Hun, Jack the Ripper, et al. ? Were THEY sacred ? What utter damned-fool nonsense !

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast