Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Genetic Variations Show That Men and Women Think Differently

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    MockTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, April 28th, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Racialist Free Enterprise
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    462
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Get over it, the question is not who smarter than who, but the category of men, and women. If you don't get this simple definitions what the point even saying it. Yeah I see those men sells hot dogs in front of wall street definitely more smarter than those women working as CEO in share markets.. Yeah they surely smarter SIR
    Perhaps you should learn to understand the concept of an AVERAGE. A tiny portion of American corporate CEO's are females. No one is saying that the few females that are CEO's are unintelligent; clearly, they are more intelligent than the typical male. However, the point is that these are rare anomalies in the bigger picture.

    The vast majority of women are of average or near-average intelligence. Males are more widely distributed, and so they greatly outnumber females in the gifted range. Plus, males also have higher competitiveness and aggressiveness, on average, which also plays a role in economic achievement (especially for positions like corporate CEO's).

  2. #12
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Siebenbürgerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Location
    Hermannstadt
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    2,756
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    234
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    463
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    In the special case of science and engineering, there are issues of intrinsic aptitude [between the sexes].

    With these words in January 2005, Harvard University President Lawrence Summers lent new fuel to the contentious debate over whether gender predicts differing aptitude or intelligence in specific areas. But while the politics of gender-based differences rage, the science moves quietly forward to discover the influences on many areas of human health and function, including the study of intelligence, aptitude, and skill.

    Brain Biology Differs

    While few people would seriously argue that one sex is more intelligent, researchers have found that the brains of men and women do differ physically.

    * Brain Size: Men have larger brains than women by about 8-10%.
    * Corpus Callosum Size: Many researchers believe that a woman's brain has a larger corpus callosum, which is the pathway connecting the right and left cerebral hemispheres. Some researchers claim this larger size enables women to process information more quickly than men between the two sides of the brain.
    * Cortical Thickness and Density: Womens brains possess more folding. Some researchers speculate this is why womens brains are smaller overall.

    A study conducted by the University of California at Irvine among 48 men and women of comparable intelligence (as measured by intelligence testing) found that women had nine times more white matter in areas of the brain associated with intelligence than men did, while men had six times more gray matter in these areas. Gray matter is involved in the brains information-processing centers, while white matter is in the business of transferring information between parts of the brain.

    Not only does the type of brain tissue appear to differ between the sexes, but its location differs as well. The study found that women had about 85% of their IQ-related brain matter both white and gray located in the brain's frontal lobes. Comparatively, nearly all of the IQ-related gray matter in men is distributed equally between the frontal lobes and the parietal lobes. But since the men and women achieved similar IQ test results, researchers concluded that the different types of brain architecture lead to comparable intellectual performance. In short, men and women take different paths to reach the same intellectual threshold.

    But just when you think youre born with all the innate ability youll ever have, regardless of gender, researchers point out that there is some evidence that the volume of the brain's gray matter can increase with learning, and therefore may be influenced by other factors aside from biology.

    Sex hormones, such as testosterone and estrogen, appear to have a role in brain development and function. Researchers have some evidence that sex hormones alter the development of certain brain structures during puberty and that these effects persist into adulthood. For example, if a fetus is exposed to testosterone early in development, the right hemisphere develops more intensively. Hence, the reason why men are sometimes referred to as "right-brained."

    Researchers have also found that cognitive abilities in one individual can change along with hormonal fluctuations. This has been documented throughout the menstrual cycle for a woman, and even daily and seasonally in men as testosterone levels change. And the gender differences in the brain may literally be hard-wired from the beginning in our genes. Studies in mice embryos have shown a subset of 50 genes to be differentially active in the brains of males and females even before the sex organs develop. Brain researchers suspect that more than 70 genes contribute to human intelligence though no one knows of any gender differences in the activity of these genes.

    IQ and SAT Scores

    Many studies consistently show that the average IQ scores of men and women are equivalent. Although most of the common tests, such as the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS), are intentionally designed to weed out a sex bias, some gender-specific findings persist.

    * Men tend to perform better on spatial questions.
    * Women outpace men on reading and other verbal skills.

    Men score more at the extremes of IQ scoring both high and low. More men than women test at the lower end of the IQ scale, and also at the very top. This is consistent with the membership of American Mensa, Ltd, a society whose members test in the top 2% of the population on a standard IQ test. The group reports that 65% of its general membership is male, and 35% female. Yet the Association for Women in Mathematics claims that women earn half of all undergraduate mathematics degrees and one-third of PhD degrees in math.

    Similarly, men consistently outscore women by an average of 35 points on the math portion of the college SAT test. Interestingly, some studies show that boys and girls test about the same in math in elementary school. The girls fall behind only later in life, so that by the time senior year in high school arrives, the boys test higher on the SAT. Researchers continue to study whether these findings and those like it are the result of gender differences, environmental influences, social pressures, personal beliefs and values, or a combination of all and more.

    In recent years there has been a lot of discussion regarding emotional intelligence that has been described as a different type of intelligence that does not deal with cognitive abilities but rather with emotional states. The term has been popularized by Daniel Golemans book, Emotional Intelligence Why It Can Matter More Than IQ?. The author postulates that personal skills like self-awareness and empathy influence your degree of success in life. Further, it argues that emotional intelligence can be taught. Moreover, it seems that gender affects emotional intelligence as well, as women tend to be more empathetic, but men on the other hand manage their moods better.

    The source:
    http://www.swedish.org/111149.cfm

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    MockTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, April 28th, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Racialist Free Enterprise
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    462
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    In the special case of science and engineering, there are issues of intrinsic aptitude [between the sexes].

    With these words in January 2005, Harvard University President Lawrence Summers lent new fuel to the contentious debate over whether gender predicts differing aptitude or intelligence in specific areas. But while the politics of gender-based differences rage, the science moves quietly forward to discover the influences on many areas of human health and function, including the study of intelligence, aptitude, and skill.

    Brain Biology Differs

    While few people would seriously argue that one sex is more intelligent, researchers have found that the brains of men and women do differ physically.

    * Brain Size: Men have larger brains than women by about 8-10%.
    * Corpus Callosum Size: Many researchers believe that a woman's brain has a larger corpus callosum, which is the pathway connecting the right and left cerebral hemispheres. Some researchers claim this larger size enables women to process information more quickly than men between the two sides of the brain.
    * Cortical Thickness and Density: Womens brains possess more folding. Some researchers speculate this is why womens brains are smaller overall.

    A study conducted by the University of California at Irvine among 48 men and women of comparable intelligence (as measured by intelligence testing) found that women had nine times more white matter in areas of the brain associated with intelligence than men did, while men had six times more gray matter in these areas. Gray matter is involved in the brains information-processing centers, while white matter is in the business of transferring information between parts of the brain.

    Not only does the type of brain tissue appear to differ between the sexes, but its location differs as well. The study found that women had about 85% of their IQ-related brain matter both white and gray located in the brain's frontal lobes. Comparatively, nearly all of the IQ-related gray matter in men is distributed equally between the frontal lobes and the parietal lobes. But since the men and women achieved similar IQ test results, researchers concluded that the different types of brain architecture lead to comparable intellectual performance. In short, men and women take different paths to reach the same intellectual threshold.

    But just when you think youre born with all the innate ability youll ever have, regardless of gender, researchers point out that there is some evidence that the volume of the brain's gray matter can increase with learning, and therefore may be influenced by other factors aside from biology.

    Sex hormones, such as testosterone and estrogen, appear to have a role in brain development and function. Researchers have some evidence that sex hormones alter the development of certain brain structures during puberty and that these effects persist into adulthood. For example, if a fetus is exposed to testosterone early in development, the right hemisphere develops more intensively. Hence, the reason why men are sometimes referred to as "right-brained."

    Researchers have also found that cognitive abilities in one individual can change along with hormonal fluctuations. This has been documented throughout the menstrual cycle for a woman, and even daily and seasonally in men as testosterone levels change. And the gender differences in the brain may literally be hard-wired from the beginning in our genes. Studies in mice embryos have shown a subset of 50 genes to be differentially active in the brains of males and females even before the sex organs develop. Brain researchers suspect that more than 70 genes contribute to human intelligence though no one knows of any gender differences in the activity of these genes.

    IQ and SAT Scores

    Many studies consistently show that the average IQ scores of men and women are equivalent. Although most of the common tests, such as the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS), are intentionally designed to weed out a sex bias, some gender-specific findings persist.

    * Men tend to perform better on spatial questions.
    * Women outpace men on reading and other verbal skills.

    Men score more at the extremes of IQ scoring both high and low. More men than women test at the lower end of the IQ scale, and also at the very top. This is consistent with the membership of American Mensa, Ltd, a society whose members test in the top 2% of the population on a standard IQ test. The group reports that 65% of its general membership is male, and 35% female. Yet the Association for Women in Mathematics claims that women earn half of all undergraduate mathematics degrees and one-third of PhD degrees in math.

    Similarly, men consistently outscore women by an average of 35 points on the math portion of the college SAT test. Interestingly, some studies show that boys and girls test about the same in math in elementary school. The girls fall behind only later in life, so that by the time senior year in high school arrives, the boys test higher on the SAT. Researchers continue to study whether these findings and those like it are the result of gender differences, environmental influences, social pressures, personal beliefs and values, or a combination of all and more.

    In recent years there has been a lot of discussion regarding emotional intelligence that has been described as a different type of intelligence that does not deal with cognitive abilities but rather with emotional states. The term has been popularized by Daniel Golemans book, Emotional Intelligence Why It Can Matter More Than IQ?. The author postulates that personal skills like self-awareness and empathy influence your degree of success in life. Further, it argues that emotional intelligence can be taught. Moreover, it seems that gender affects emotional intelligence as well, as women tend to be more empathetic, but men on the other hand manage their moods better.

    The source:
    http://www.swedish.org/111149.cfm
    Quite a few half-truths and some pretty sloppy reasoning, IMO.


    * Women outpace men on reading and other verbal skills.
    How many times will this garbage get recycled? Males do NOT get outpaced by women on reading and 'other verbal skills'. Males and females usually score about the same of the verbal portion of the SAT, with males occasionally performing better than females (but only by a very slim margin).

    Mainstream researchers just always have to say that females do better in the 'verbal realm' because otherwise it will seem "sexist" to the feminist-dominated media in the West.


    Many studies consistently show that the average IQ scores of men and women are equivalent.
    Well, those "studies" are wrong. The average IQ scores of men and women are not equivalent, they are different in terms of overall average and distribution along the bell curve.


    This is consistent with the membership of American Mensa, Ltd, a society whose members test in the top 2% of the population on a standard IQ test. The group reports that 65% of its general membership is male, and 35% female.
    IMO, this is all that really matters. Who cares if the vast majority of females are of average intelligence? The individuals who fall in the 'gifted range' are the ones who actually move civilization forward, and these individuals are mostly male. These differences become even more pronounced at the furthest extremes. Women who fall in the top 0.5% or 0.25% are VASTLY outnumbered by men, and these people are the ones who create real progress.


    Yet the Association for Women in Mathematics claims that women earn half of all undergraduate mathematics degrees and one-third of PhD degrees in math.
    The explanation for this is simple: Lower standards across the board. Before the Second World War, women in the US made up a tiny portion of college graduates, and in mathematics they were practically non-existent. This had very little to do with "institutionalized sexism" and had almost everything to do with natural differences in aptitude. Back then, colleges recruited from a much more narrow IQ distribution, and this meant that most women couldn't make it. Now, things have been shoved back to the point where women are able to compete due to the new intellectual standards.


    Interestingly, some studies show that boys and girls test about the same in math in elementary school. The girls fall behind only later in life, so that by the time senior year in high school arrives, the boys test higher on the SAT.
    Lol, even your average joe/jane on the street could probably knows the reason for this. Pretty embarrassing for a 'scientific article'. Males and females have different maturation rates, with females maturing much faster than males. Females start out ahead of males because of this physiological difference, but by the time males are completely finished maturing, they have not only caught up with females, they have slightly surpassed them, on average. This feature (differential male/female maturation rates) is found in every ethnic group.

  4. #14
    Sanity Is For The Weak
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Hanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwedish
    Ancestry
    Norwedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Location
    Trondheim
    Gender
    Family
    Precis når du vil
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Logic
    Religion
    Perfectionism
    Posts
    985
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MockTurtle View Post
    Perhaps you should learn to understand the concept of an AVERAGE. A tiny portion of American corporate CEO's are females. No one is saying that the few females that are CEO's are unintelligent; clearly, they are more intelligent than the typical male. However, the point is that these are rare anomalies in the bigger picture.

    The vast majority of women are of average or near-average intelligence. Males are more widely distributed, and so they greatly outnumber females in the gifted range. Plus, males also have higher competitiveness and aggressiveness, on average, which also plays a role in economic achievement (especially for positions like corporate CEO's).
    Perhaps you should understand that the concept of MEN and WOMEN are been used very vaguely, try to get what it means than make a arguments based on that. Furthermore not every men are equally smart, perhaps you miss something here.. Well again maybe a tiny portions of Ceo in America ( referring to your post) but not in Scandinavia SIR. You're just mixing up your argument without any ground theory based on American perspective. Either way its like talking to a wall concerning this topic, if you don't see the wider picture of a problem. Good luck with your smart theory. Sir.
    Jeg er over gjennomsnittet bitter, og liker stort sett ingen andre enn meg selv


  5. #15
    Senior Member
    MockTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, April 28th, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Racialist Free Enterprise
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    462
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Perhaps you should understand that the concept of MEN and WOMEN are been used very vaguely, try to get what it means than make a arguments based on that.
    Okay, go ahead and define the terms as precisely and narrowly as you like then. If you just want to look at the 'Scandinavian' situation, then say so.


    Furthermore not every men are equally smart, perhaps you miss something here..
    Hmmm.. I believe I covered that when I said that the male IQ distribution curve is invariably wider when compared with females.


    Well again maybe a tiny portions of Ceo in America ( referring to your post) but not in Scandinavia SIR.
    Okay, I'm rather curious, what's the percentage of female corporate CEO's in top companies in Scandinavia? Here in the US it's easily less than 10%. I'd bet that the ratio is probably pretty similar, but if I'm wrong you can certainly enlighten me.


    You're just mixing up your argument without any ground theory based on American perspective.
    No I'm not. Male/female differences, both cognitive and otherwise, have been examined in many different countries. This is one of the reasons why much progress has been made, because many findings tend to remain stable even across very different cultures around the world. The male/female IQ difference, for instance, is quite consistent in a wide variety of countries, especially European and East Asian ones.

    I'm not trying to base my arguments on an 'American' perspective, although perhaps I've referenced a few pieces of evidence from the the situation here in the US.


    Either way its like talking to a wall concerning this topic, if you don't see the wider picture of a problem.
    Okay, and what exactly is the 'wider picture' of this particular problem?


    Good luck with your smart theory. Sir.
    My 'smart theory'? Lol, do I detect a bit of pretention, ma'am?

    FYI, it's a 'theory' in the sense that all reliable evidence tends to confirm it (in scientific lingo, a 'theory' is actually a thoroughly tested idea that is yet to be disproved by further studies).

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Hrodnand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, December 2nd, 2018 @ 06:06 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Ancestry
    Austria/GermanBohemia
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Zodiac Sign
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Project management consultant
    Politics
    Far Centre
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    1,162
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    23
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I don't see reason why you should take them one above the other. Men may be better in rational thinking(sometimes), but women are much more developed on emotional level, which I see it as a great gift. Neither is better than the other they were created to fullfill eachother in life. At some parts men are better, on other parts women.

  7. #17
    Account Inactive

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Friday, December 4th, 2009 @ 11:38 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Posts
    713
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I see that there's some bluntness, regarding statistics and samples, we cannot compare two samples from different countries which have different social structures, different cultures and different economical levels. we can analyse the groups(Men and Women) within the sample, and only then we can reach a conclusion. We can affirm for sure that the gap e.g. between Scandinavian Men and Women is little to non existent in comparison to African Men and Women and as we know the African continent is light years behind the Scandinavian countries in matter of development and progress.
    The same goes for other samples, of course the African and Scandinavian examples are extreme, but it serves to show us that this has not Scientific validity only Anthropologic.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    SwordOfTheVistula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Age
    41
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Posts
    2,990
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    17
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadu View Post
    I see that there's some bluntness, regarding statistics and samples, we cannot compare two samples from different countries which have different social structures, different cultures and different economical levels. we can analyse the groups(Men and Women) within the sample, and only then we can reach a conclusion. We can affirm for sure that the gap e.g. between Scandinavian Men and Women is little to non existent in comparison to African Men and Women and as we know the African continent is light years behind the Scandinavian countries in matter of development and progress.
    The same goes for other samples, of course the African and Scandinavian examples are extreme, but it serves to show us that this has not Scientific validity only Anthropologic.
    If anything, for Africans the women seem smarter than the men. At least in the US, they have a higher employment rate and a much higher level of education.
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

  9. #19
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Siebenbürgerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Location
    Hermannstadt
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    2,756
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    234
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    463
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MockTurtle View Post
    Quite a few half-truths and some pretty sloppy reasoning, IMO.

    How many times will this garbage get recycled? Males do NOT get outpaced by women on reading and 'other verbal skills'. Males and females usually score about the same of the verbal portion of the SAT, with males occasionally performing better than females (but only by a very slim margin).
    Source?

    Mainstream researchers just always have to say that females do better in the 'verbal realm' because otherwise it will seem "sexist" to the feminist-dominated media in the West.
    Hmm, how do you define a mainstream researcher? What about the researches who say males are smarter? They are always non-mainstream, because the theory suits males? :p

    Well, those "studies" are wrong. The average IQ scores of men and women are not equivalent, they are different in terms of overall average and distribution along the bell curve.
    Source?

    IMO, this is all that really matters. Who cares if the vast majority of females are of average intelligence? The individuals who fall in the 'gifted range' are the ones who actually move civilization forward, and these individuals are mostly male. These differences become even more pronounced at the furthest extremes. Women who fall in the top 0.5% or 0.25% are VASTLY outnumbered by men, and these people are the ones who create real progress.
    It would be nice if you could back up the assertions with sources.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    MockTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, April 28th, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Racialist Free Enterprise
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    462
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    Source?
    No problem. Here you go.

    In section III ("Results"), Rushton points out that in 1991 males scored an average of 434 on the Verbal portion of the SAT, while females scored an average of 425. Scores obviously vary between years, but the differentials are usually fairly similar.

    Like I said, the idea that females are somehow more skilled in the 'verbal realm' is just a common myth. The verbal IQ of females are probably a bit lower than males, on average.


    Hmm, how do you define a mainstream researcher?
    A researcher whose work gets an undue amount of press or academic praise simply because the conclusions tend to reinforce certain prejudices or dominant political leanings within society.


    What about the researches who say males are smarter? They are always non-mainstream, because the theory suits males? :p
    Lol, science isn't concerned with how something 'suits' a particular group. It just reports what happens in reality. The 'theory' that males have a slightly higher mean IQ and wider distribution is not something that 'suits males', it's just an objective description of the real world.

    I don't know how I would classify someone like Rushton. He's definitely not a popular researcher, although his work has certainly gotten occasional attention from the mainstream media, mostly because it is usually very compelling. Lynn is even harder to describe.


    Source?
    See above. The Rushton study covers the overall average and distribution of male IQ. It also covers the basic structure of male IQ (skewed towards the visuo-spatial).

    If you'd like further references, read Lynn's study: "Sex differences in means and variability on the progressive matrices in university students: A meta-analysis," The Mankind Quarterly 96, no. 4 (November, 2005): 505-524.

    This study was conducted with Paul Irwing, and it shows that males also have a higher mean IQ in addition to having greater variability.


    It would be nice if you could back up the assertions with sources.
    Well, the fact that most women are in the average or near-average range should be evident from the material I've cited above. Females have a lower mean IQ and a narrower distribution, which means that most of them will not be at the extreme IQ levels when compared with the male situation.

    Of course, the idea that only individuals at the extreme high-end really matter is not really 'provable' in a typical manner, because it's based on values. It's sort of a Nietzschean thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 127
    Last Post: Monday, February 10th, 2020, 05:38 PM
  2. Studies Show Flame Retardants Seep Into Children and Pregnant Women
    By Hersir in forum Health, Fitness & Nutrition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Saturday, June 16th, 2012, 03:09 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Tuesday, February 28th, 2012, 11:35 AM
  4. Women React Differently to Food than Men
    By SwordOfTheVistula in forum Psychology, Behavior, & Neuroscience
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 10:48 AM
  5. Why do women like women more than men like men?
    By QuietWind in forum Psychology, Behavior, & Neuroscience
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Friday, February 24th, 2006, 04:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •