View Poll Results: Should "degenerate" art be banned, in your opinion?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it should be banned.

43 37.39%
  • No, it shouldn't be banned.

56 48.70%
  • Other opinion/I want to see the votes.

16 13.91%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Should "Degenerate Art" Be Banned?

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 05:01 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guðrún View Post
    After nazism fell, everyone just wanted to use the values which it had rejected, and here we are now...
    As far as Art is concerned, one name: Pablo Picasso. Self-confessed Communist who participated in all types of idiocy. There was admittedly some genius in some of his later simplicity (one line = a bull) , but other than that fairly degenerate stuff.

But as that old genius of Spanish painting, Salvador Dalí once remarked: Picasso es pintor, yo también; [...] Picasso es español, yo también; Picasso es comunista, yo tampoco. ) (Picasso is a painter, so am I[...] Picasso is a Spaniard, so am I; Picasso is a Commumist, neither am I). --- sums it all up about good old Pablo.

Without that famous "Guernica" painting Picasso would have probably stayed hidden. Just another Cubist without much perspective. Admittedly genius, but little perspective. His ability to actually paint has been remarked to be relatively minor. The rest is for everyone to conclude for themselves.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocko View Post
    there are 1000s of reasons for art. Choose the one which speaks to your heart.
    Soul. This is about what to call art, not why people try to create it (and mostly fail at it).
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Soul. This is about what to call art, not why people try to create it (and mostly fail at it).
    "Der Maler soll nicht bloß malen, was er vor sich sieht, sondern auch, was er in sich sieht. Sieht er aber nichts in sich, so unterlasse er auch zu malen, was er vor sich sieht."

Caspar David Friedrich

English translation:

"The painter should paint not only what he sees in front of him, but also what he sees inside himself. If he sees nothing within, then he should also stop painting what he sees in front of him."

Caspar David Friedrich

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Most of their art wasn't banned, it was legal to own, "create" and sell degenerate "art".
    I see. Was I then mislead by the content of the link from the original post?
    Such art was banned on the grounds that it was un-German or Jewish Bolshevist in nature, and those identified as degenerate artists were subjected to sanctions. These included being dismissed from teaching positions, being forbidden to exhibit or to sell their art, and in some cases being forbidden to produce art entirely.
    I must confess I'm not the most informed nazi historian.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guðrún View Post
    I see. Was I then mislead by the content of the link from the original post?
    Well, some were indeed banned.
    And of course the state did not wish to support degenerate art, which then again resulted in the dismissing of such teachers, which are said "sanctions", etc.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    6 Days Ago @ 07:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    The majority of "artists" these days only aspire to be the most famous artist of their time rather than actually create works of integrity that will make them famous centuries after they are gone. The artist has been elevated to the level of an aristocrat, when art itself should have stayed The People’s profession all long.

A true work of art is supposed to temper the chaos that threatens to engulf the conscious of the people.
    Since modern art has failed in this endeavor the result is a slew of mass produced, pre-packaged art that represents integrity (and sanity) shattered into a million fragments.
    Like this example:

Believe it or not the artist in the photo actually recieved a grant for this little get-up!

If the art is degenerate then so will the people.

Communities are not taught how to know what good art is or what makes good art.
    They are simply told to just accept what they see because it is the will of the artist and it is not the people's place to judge him.
    This is the convenient mask which covers the social engineering/brainwashing intent behind most modern art.
    That intent is to keep the people's taste bland and perverted.

But, without degenerate art, we purists could not have examples to learn by and then teach our descendents to avoid.
    They need to learn to identify degeneracy from a mile away.
    If we make all degenerate art dissapear then our children will not be afforded the chance to fight it when they see it, simply because they have no surviving example by which to compare the good with the bad.
    Wasn't this the purpose behind the Degenerate Art Exhibition put on by the Nazis?
    If they don't learn the difference then they will surely reproduce it, either by will or accident.

Shunning will be much more effective in deterring these uninspired artists of the state, who will then be banished from the mutual conscious of the people. If we don't flatter their egos they will either stop altogether or aspire to create works that will please the community instead.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    Degenerate art is a sign of sick mentalities in a society. For the appreciation of art to change, the whole society needs to change. The way our young generations are educated and what they're taught to define as art. I agree with banning degenerate art, however that's just treating one of the many symptoms.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, February 26th, 2010 @ 02:44 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic and Slavic American
    Ancestry
    1/2 Bavarian and 1/2 Galician
    Subrace
    Dalo-Faelid+Pontid/Neo-Danubian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Liberal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Resist View Post
    Degenerate art is a sign of sick mentalities in a society. For the appreciation of art to change, the whole society needs to change. The way our young generations are educated and what they're taught to define as art. I agree with banning degenerate art, however that's just treating one of the many symptoms.
    I disagree with banning degenerate art, but for exactly the reasons you give above.

If you get rid of the symptoms, how will you know when the underlying disease is cured?

Trying to control the symptoms without controlling the disease isn't only ineffectual... it is usually harmful. The disease will last longer, will spring up in other places with a vengeance.

I am glad that people produce bad art, just as I am glad that people have the freedom to express stupid political ideas. If you shut them up, you won't know that the stupid ideas are there... and you won't be motivated to change them.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VergesEngst View Post
    If you get rid of the symptoms, how will you know when the underlying disease is cured?
    As long as the disease persists, there will be symptoms.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Hmm, I'm not an expert on art, but I think the peoples who say beautiful can't exist without ugly are right. Comparing Victorian poetry with Dada for example. As Resist writes, the bigger problem is the kind of society we are living in. It appreciates anti-art instead of art.

In my view, degeneration existed since the beginning of times, more or less said. The difference was that it wasn't popular. Peoples had a finer taste and rejected the mediocrity in favour of the refined arts. If our generations were educated properly, degenerate art wouldn't be a threat because they would immediately reject it.

As I said, I like some of Picasso's paintings. However there are many better painters. Rural art is superior in my view. But it's amasing how when you ask peoples from my generation who their favourite painter is, everyone says Picasso, as a cliche. If I mention some of my favourite rural art painters, nobody knows who they are. So in my view it's directly connected with society promotion and popularity. Only the art which promotes pro-Germanic views and images should be supported by the states. If degenerate artists want to create and sell, they should do it by themselves and not expect boosting from the state.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast