View Poll Results: Where do you keep your butter?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • In the fridge

31 64.58%
  • Elsewhere

17 35.42%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do You Keep Butter in the Refrigerator or Out?

Last Online
    Saturday, February 23rd, 2019 @ 06:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm using/eating marge (out of the fridge) instead of butter, hence no problem there.

Anyway, keep in mind there are good reasons to think about where you put which food. Just use the doorshelves, if it's too hard.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

- T. E. Lawrence

Last Online
    Saturday, August 30th, 2008 @ 06:21 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scear View Post
    Real butter is a dairy product and thus subject to spoiling. You have never heard of rancid butter? I suppose you could salt the bloody hell out of it or fill it full of preserving chemicals, but I prefer my butter fresh, sweet and creamy rather than pickled in brine and 50% embalming fluid .
    ???

The only additive in my butter is salt, just as much as there should be, and it is doing just fine in the cupboard. It has the real taste.

Cold butter, in addition to being too hard, is tasteless and ruins your stomach. Nothing ruins butter like taking it in and out of a cold space several times a day. If you get a big chunk of butter, cut off a smaller chunk and put it in a bowl and cover it. It should do fine in a cupboard for at least half a week. Unless your house is too warm for it.

When the heat was peaking earlier this summer (and it was warmer here than in Spain), I put my butter in the cellar.
    God expects but one thing of you,
    and that is that you should come out of yourself in so far as you are a created being made
    and let God be God in you.

Meister Eckhart

Do U believe in God? | Svensk förskola | Vem äger media? | CA ban on mom & dad | Birth control causes breast cancer

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 @ 11:19 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesDexterWard View Post
    ???

The only additive in my butter is salt, just as much as there should be, and it is doing just fine in the cupboard. It has the real taste.

Cold butter, in addition to being too hard, is tasteless and ruins your stomach. Nothing ruins butter like taking it in and out of a cold space several times a day. If you get a big chunk of butter, cut off a smaller chunk and put it in a bowl and cover it. It should do fine in a cupboard for at least half a week. Unless your house is too warm for it.

When the heat was peaking earlier this summer (and it was warmer here than in Spain), I put my butter in the cellar.
    Ah, I notice you live in Sverige where it is always quite cool. Those who live in the South of England - and particularly the US or Australia- must deal with bouts of 32+ celsius. An American or Aussie wouldn't even consider leaving butter outside the fridge any more than he would a carton of milk or cream. Many an American and Australian child has been yelled at by their mum for leaving a dairy product outside the fridge

Ah, Sweden sounds wonderfully refreshing as it is close to 32 C. where I am.

Best regards,

.Scear

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scear For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Saturday, July 11th, 2009 @ 09:34 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Blechh, margarine is gross. I keep my butter out - never had any problems with it spoiling...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Foley For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Saturday, August 30th, 2008 @ 06:21 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ah, I notice you live in Sverige where it is always quite cool. Those who live in the South of England - and particularly the US or Australia- must deal with bouts of 32+ celsius. An American or Aussie wouldn't even consider leaving butter outside the fridge any more than he would a carton of milk or cream. Many an American and Australian child has been yelled at by their mum for leaving a dairy product outside the fridge

Ah, Sweden sounds wonderfully refreshing as it is close to 32 C. where I am.

Best regards,

.Scear
    It is not always quite cool here. We had 30 degrees celsius just some weeks ago. Western Sweden has Atlantic climate and is heated by the gulf stream. Areas close to the coast of Götaland have warm temperate climate. The winters are generally warmer in Sweden than on the same latitudes in North America and Asia.
    God expects but one thing of you,
    and that is that you should come out of yourself in so far as you are a created being made
    and let God be God in you.

Meister Eckhart

Do U believe in God? | Svensk förskola | Vem äger media? | CA ban on mom & dad | Birth control causes breast cancer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesDexterWard For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 @ 11:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hiberno-Norman
    Subrace
    UP/Atlanto Med
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    B-School, Demolition
    Politics
    I do what I can
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    An American or Aussie wouldn't even consider leaving butter outside the fridge any more than he would a carton of milk or cream.
    I've begun keeping my butter outside of the fridge. I wish I had done it my whole life, it tastes better, and is much easier to work with. It doesn't melt or spoil, it just softens so its easy to work with.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuchulain For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 @ 11:19 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I've begun keeping my butter outside of the fridge. I wish I had done it my whole life, it tastes better, and is much easier to work with. It doesn't melt or spoil, it just softens so its easy to work with.
    Well, our not so remote ancestors used to season their poultry by leaving it hanging outside to rot a few days; so I suppose it's all a matter of personal taste. mmmm...rancid bird. Tasty.

Three cheers for the great butter debate!

.Scear

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 @ 08:44 AM
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Both. Depends what you're using it for too. Baking needs softened butter sometimes

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    287 Posts
    I keep it in the frigde, I dont eat alot of butter so it would go bad if I had it outside all the time I guess

Last Online
    Thursday, April 23rd, 2009 @ 07:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Irish, Dutch, German
    Country
    United States United States
    Piecrust promises,easily broken
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    keep it usually in the fridge.. but if i need it for bread i try to set it out so i can easily spread it.
    mmm budd-er!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CrystalRose For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast