View Poll Results: Should prostitution be legal?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • It should be legal.

    53 43.80%
  • It should be illegal.

    56 46.28%
  • Other.

    12 9.92%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 133

Thread: Should Prostitution be Legal?

  1. #111
    Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Bärin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    1,902
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    327
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonPagan View Post
    It doesn't! Which is one of the arguments in favour of making it legal.
    That's some bullsh*t materialistic argument. Shall we now also legalize drugs because they would benefit the economy? How about other decadent acts for which degenerates would be willing to pay? "Benefitting the economy" was one reason Europe's gates were opened to aliens and not only did they never leave, but in the end they became more a burden on the economy than anything. Besides, prostitution is anti-family, it encourages women to be single and childfree, which is showing a middle finger to the future of the nation. Which is why prostitution and slutty behavior is being embraced by feminists and their disgusting ideology.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bärin For This Useful Post:


  3. #112
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Finnish Swede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    2,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    415
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,574
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    Wolgadeutscher and Bärin:

    I agree with outcome of prostitution (to society via creating pairs/matings, family units etc.), but I see the most guilty for whole phenomenon are the customers (= men) ...keeping it alive (wheels turning), not those women. And even more, if one would like to get a rid off whole phenomenon ... the actions should be faced against customers.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:


  5. #113
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Gefjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Family
    Married parent
    Posts
    1,381
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    201
    Thanked in
    95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    They all are a result of the individualism and hedonism that hit us since the end of ww2.
    As I said, it's the oldest profession. Prostitution existed long before the post-WWII era.

    The oldest business is also a business that was rejected and dubios ever since the creation of our civilization, being a thieve or assassin can also be rationalized by being a business that existed since the birth of mankind, what a stupid argument.
    Cmon, let's be serious, there's a huge difference between the two. You could place forced prostitution and human trafficking into the same category as thievery or assassination, hence the solution would be to legalize it and let folks engage in it if they want to. I'm talking about adult women who make this decision themselves. And no, prostitution wasn't always frowned upon, just look at the example posted of the courtesans, they were quite intelligent, learned, refined women who had wealth and power. It was a sought after profession. Same goes for king's mistress and the like. Women have always traded sex and men have always traded things in exchange for it. There's clearly a market for it, and ya ain't gonna stop that by making it illegal.

    A person that is selling his/her body is disgusting and it reflects on the fact that most people that do it, generally come from the lowest socioeconomic classes and had a troubling/abusive childhood.
    First of all, define what selling his/her body means. Second, nope, it ain't just the lowest socioeconomic classes who do it. Celebs and models do it, luxury escorts and the like whom ya couldn't afford for even a 10 minute session. It's no longer a profession for the lowest of the low, done out of desperation. There's folks who do it cause they like sex, and the like.

    Quote Originally Posted by Þoreiðar View Post
    Personally, I don't care so much about it being criminalized or not. As you say, it will happen to more or less the same degree anyway. I do, however, think there's a good point about it being socially sanctioned against, though. I don't know if you have any daughters yourself, but speaking purely hypothetically, would you have been proud and happy about a daughter of your's choosing to prostitute herself? If not, why would want that for anybody else's daughter? Social sanctions helps to deter women from choosing to go down that road, for whatever reason they may see sensible at the time. It's one of the main reasons of having a society in the first place; protecting the common good and the vulnerable.
    Just cause I wouldn't do it or wouldn't want my kids to do it isn't a valid argument to ban it. There's many other things that ain't my cup of tea and yet I wouldn't try to stop other folks from doing it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Coillearnach View Post
    A lot of tragedies will always be with us, that doesn't mean we shouldn't try our hardest to curtail them.

    Prostitution isn't a business like any other for many reasons:

    1. It commodifies that which does not have a price - namely, love, dignity, the most profound bodily relationship besides birth someone can have with another human being
    2. It encourages dehumanization of women through increasing objectification - the prostitute is used as a thing to get the patron off and her human characteristics are progressively ignored (most prostitutes have been raped, physically assaulted, and have PTSD)
    3. It has an inverse relationship via risk - the "product" is the one assuming the risk, not the "consumer"
    4. Being the victim of child abuse is almost a necessary precondition to be a prostitute to begin with, not to mention the damage that occurs when children are born to mothers that engage in this, or the reality of child prostitution
    5. Facilitates human trafficking, drug abuse, and gang activity
    6. Exploits the most vulnerable people
    7. The "job" is inherently traumatic and legitimizing it means legitimizing those outcomes
    There's many other businesses that tick those boxes and most of those arguments are morally/religiously motivated. Business doesn't care about those, it's about whether there's a market for certain things, i.e. demand and supply. In the case of prostitution, it's both. And the child abuse ain't anymore a necessary precondition, nowadays anyone can be a prostitute, including the rich and spoiled classes.

    The human trafficking, drug abuse, and gang activity is much more encouraged by prostitution being illegal than it being legalized. Just like the case of drugs, where all these cartels benefit from keeping them illegal.

    Seeing a woman wearing certain clothing on a billboard or in a magazine is no different than seeing her walking down the street in that same clothing, this is clearly about something more than aesthetics.
    You are actually aware that modeling is often a gateway activity that facilitates all the other things you frown at?

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gefjon For This Useful Post:


  7. #114
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Teutone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 04:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Frisia, Prussia, Baltics
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Gender
    Politics
    Realpolitik
    Religion
    Catholic Sedevancist
    Posts
    82
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonPagan View Post
    I clearly wrote THE ECONOMY on the previous line.

    Prostitutes do not create 'damaged souls'. This is just a piece of esoteric nonsense.
    In Germany it got legalized, do you think it had any impact on the economy? LOL

    Legal or not, it stays a business that is run by criminals and results in violence, still forced prostitutes and gangs even make more money by not even have to fear consequences for brothels anymore.

    Who ruled the prostitution business before legalization? Arab/Albanian/Turkish street gangs and German criminal rocker gangs like Hells Angels.
    Who ruled after the legalization? SUPRISE SUPRISE the same people but this time without anything to worry about.

    Proustites are scum, people that go to prostitutes are scum and the pimps are the biggest scum.

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Teutone For This Useful Post:


  9. #115
    Senior Member Coillearnach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 05:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Vagrant
    Politics
    Nativism/Nationalism
    Religion
    Summum bonum
    Posts
    309
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    238
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    212
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gefjon View Post

    There's many other businesses that tick those boxes
    What other business checks all of those boxes or even half of them? Are those illegal trades full of human carnage too?

    most of those arguments are morally/religiously motivated. Business doesn't care about those, it's about whether there's a market for certain things, i.e. demand and supply. In the case of prostitution, it's both.
    The first one is the only one that is even slightly religiously tinged. And so what if they are morally-motivated, what kind of argumentation is this? Why is the possibility of a market some kind of sufficient explanatory anchor for why it should be allowed to operate freely and given sanction?

    And the child abuse ain't anymore a necessary precondition, nowadays anyone can be a prostitute, including the rich and spoiled classes.
    Rich and spoiled children get abused too. This isn't something that is in the past, child abuse is still a predictor of prostitution and there have been many recent studies on this. The disassociation a child experiences as a result of abuse shapes their identity formation, they are more likely to fall prey to all kinds of excessive risk because of it - more drug abuse, more domestic violence, prostitution, etc. In one study I know of, 70% of prostitutes even blamed their child abuse as a reason for them being in prostitution to begin with. That brings up even more questions about the possibility of a large part of even non-forced prostitution having an involuntary character.

    The human trafficking, drug abuse, and gang activity is much more encouraged by prostitution being illegal than it being legalized. Just like the case of drugs, where all these cartels benefit from keeping them illegal.
    The "pacification through legalization" thing is turning out to be a myth. After legalization/decriminalization - trafficking, illegal prostitution, and demand all went up in New Zealand, the Netherlands, Australia, Germany, and Nevada and violence did not decrease.


    You are actually aware that modeling is often a gateway activity that facilitates all the other things you frown at?
    Sure, voluntary or involuntary. That doesn't change the fact that traditional modeling does not have those things as features rather than possibilities.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coillearnach For This Useful Post:


  11. #116
    Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Bärin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    1,902
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    327
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Soon after prostitution was legalized in Germany, brothels demanded to view it like any other job and force job centers to recruit sex workers for them. Can you imagine your daughters being forced to either take a prostitution job because they're young and pretty enough, or face the alternative to lose their unemployment benefits? Because that might be the result of pushing for prostitution to be seen as a normal transaction. You might think it's exaggerating, but I heard of cases of unemployed women who were offered prostitution jobs. In a world where promiscuity is normalized it's only a matter of time until this becomes standard. "Business like any other", you say? That's the result of proud "slut walks", walking vagina costumes and pussy hats. It's pure degeneration. Yes, some professions like acting and modeling are used as gateways to prostitution, but why? Because prostitution and sexual promiscuity has become socially acceptable in the first place! The sexual predators and degenerates like the Weinsteins and Epsteins see it also as just a transaction, as paying for advancement or certain "services".

    Yes, besides prostitutes, brothels and pimps, also the men who go to prostitutes should face consequences. It should be regarded as adultery and adultery should be regarded as treason. Like I said, the family is a basic unit of the nation, so disrespecting your family is a treasonous action towards the nation.

    Also prostitution goes hand in hand with immigration. At least here in Germany the prostitutes are foreign (often Eastern European) and so are the pimps, also many Turkish pimps. Not to mention crime (usually drugs) and general social disturbance. In Berlin they closed down several brothels because they disturbed the neighbors. And it hasn't benefited the economy, on the contrary, prostitutes have become cheaper and a lot of brothels have promotional prices for the unemployed/elderly and loyalty fees. A lot of prostitutes themselves are ridden with debt and have all sort of financial issues.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bärin For This Useful Post:


  13. #117
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Finnish Swede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    2,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    415
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,574
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    When prostitution became legalized in Germany? Just asking that as there is actually one pretty old song in Finland ... which lyrics mention Hamburg's Reeperbahn (Red Lights) .... as one kind of forbidden fruit ... nothing like which was allowed in Nordic countries.

  14. #118
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Bleyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Gender
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Tradition
    Posts
    137
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    115
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    140
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Let's think about it for a moment, who are the most ardent proponents of legalizing prostitution? Feminists for one, liberals, leftists and all sort of supporters of sexual liberation, individualism, materialism and immorality/degeneration. So, qui bono? Certainly not the average Germanic nationalist or traditionalist.

    Prostitution is inherently abusive and exploitative. Especially in a neoliberal world in which human flesh has come to be viewed as a commodity (like a burger), it dehumanises the person. It's linked to organised crime and violence, even in places it's legalised or decriminalised.

    A government that allows the decriminalisation of prostitution sends a message to its citisens that they are considered mere vessels for sexual consumption. If prostitution is "a job like any other", will it become an available option for job seekers, as Bärin mentioned? Will certain characteristics, such as youth and physical appearance be considered "skills" and will possessing them render one to be seen as suitable for performing a job in the sex industry? Will job centers create training sessions for girls to teach them how to perform the "best oral sex" and other sexual services for consumers? And what about rape? If prostitution is seen as merely "sex work", then by its own logic, rape is merely "theft". The more sexual promiscuity is normalised, the more it is likely to see such things in future.

    Prostitution is not a fairy tale. The glamorous image shown in films such as "Dangerous Beauty" or "Pretty Woman" shows only one side of the story, often an illusion. The reality is prostitution is deplorable and in many ways degrades and robs the participants of fragile parts of their humanity. Normalising the act of buying sex also debases men by assuming that they are entitled to access women's bodies for sexual gratification in exchange for a fee. As Wolgadeutscher mentioned, sex is supposed to be an intimate act between husband and wife, not a mere commodity.

    Another big argument against prostitution is a medical one. Prostitution remains one of the leading vectors for AIDS infection and other STDs, not to mention abortions. This is true in the case of both legal and illegal prostitution. Prostitutes, because of their many partners, have a greatly increased risk of exposure to STDs. They are likewise able to spread the STDs to the many of their partners. The incidence of depression, personality disorders and drug addiction (both prescription and illegal) is high among prostitutes, partially explaining why they became prostitutes to begin with. We could compare the legalisation of prostitution to the legalization of abortion. The latter has shown that it lead to a radical increase, not decrease in abortion. So legalising prostitution would not only mean condoning and facilitating it, but also encouraging it. Legalising prostitution also makes it harder to hunt down human traffickers, especially those from Eastern Europe and Africa.

    Yes, a sad consequence of prostitution is the devastation of the human soul, however prostitution also contributes to the disintegration of the culture, society, and nation.

  15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bleyer For This Useful Post:


  16. #119
    Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Bärin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    1,902
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    327
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    When prostitution became legalized in Germany? Just asking that as there is actually one pretty old song in Finland ... which lyrics mention Hamburg's Reeperbahn (Red Lights) .... as one kind of forbidden fruit ... nothing like which was allowed in Nordic countries.
    In 2002. I found some articles about women who were asked to take jobs in bordellos as if they were normal professions:

    Job Center Apologizes for Offer in Bordello

    'Work As A Prostitute Or Risk Losing Benefits'

    The job center officials say it themselves, "if there were a moral consensus that it was an acceptable position, they would be required to treat it as a "normal profession -- without any fussing or quibbling."

    I wonder what the proponents of accepting prostitution as a regular job have to say to that. There's a reason we have morals, and it's not only "religious bigotry". Those who support such liberal measures do nothing but to fall into the traps of the destroyers of our nations. Destroy the family and the dignity and pride of the average Germanic person and you successfully erode the health of the nation. Whores, pimps and the like don't deserve to be on the same level with honorable workers, they are degenerates

    Also about the topic of immigration:

    As early as 1993, after the first steps towards legalization had been taken, it was recognized (even by pro-prostitution advocates) that 75 per cent of the women in Germany's prostitution industry were foreigners from Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay and other countries in South America (Altink, 1993: 33). After the fall of the Berlin wall, brothel owners reported that 9 out of every 10 women in the German sex industry were from eastern Europe (Altink, 1993: 43) and other former Soviet countries.

    The sheer volume of foreign women who are in the prostitution industry in Germany - by some NGO estimates now up to 85 per cent - casts further doubt on the fact that these numbers of women could have entered Germany without facilitation. . As in the Netherlands, NGOs report that most of the foreign women have been trafficked into the country since it is almost impossible for poor women to facilitate their own migration, underwrite the costs of travel and travel documents, and set themselves up in "business" without outside help.
    Another argument for legalizing prostitution in the Netherlands was that it would help end child prostitution. In reality, however, child prostitution in the Netherlands has increased dramatically during the 1990s. The Amsterdam-based ChildRight organization estimates that the number has gone from 4,000 children in 1996 to 15,000 in 2001. The group estimates that at least 5,000 of the children in prostitution are from other countries, with a large segment being Nigerian girls (Tiggeloven: 2001).
    https://www.rapereliefshelter.bc.ca/...mond-catw-2003

    Supporting prostitution is not only supporting human traffic, but also illegal immigration and ethnic or even race mixing. It's all part of the larger scheme to destroy Germanic nations.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bärin For This Useful Post:


  18. #120
    Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Blod og Jord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Family
    Engaged parent
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Posts
    752
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    145
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    388
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    I see very few benefits to legalizing it, the only argument in favor of it would be "live and let live" but it does too much damage as opposed to advantages so I rather think it should be discouraged.

    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    I agree with outcome of prostitution (to society via creating pairs/matings, family units etc.), but I see the most guilty for whole phenomenon are the customers (= men) ...keeping it alive (wheels turning), not those women. And even more, if one would like to get a rid off whole phenomenon ... the actions should be faced against customers.
    Agree with this as well, customers are just as guilty as the prostitutes themselves. The Nordic model decriminalizes people that are prostituted and offers them support for exiting the sex trade while at the same time criminalizing those who buy sexual services. While it's not perfect, it has some advantages.

    The committee further stated that the public opinion had changed in comparison to that in Norway and Denmark and that 70 % of the population were in favour of the ban on the purchase of sexual services in Sweden. The Committee on Women’s Rights and Gender Equality of the European Union stated in 2013 that: "Sweden’s prostituted population is one-tenth of neighbouring Denmark’s where sex purchase is legal and has a smaller population. The law has also changed public opinion. In 1996 45% women and 20% men were in favour of criminalising male sex purchasers. By 2008 79% women and 60% men were in favour of the law. Moreover, the Swedish police confirm that the Nordic Model has had a deterrent effect on trafficking for sexual exploitation." It has also been reported that 12,5 % of men used to solicit prostitutes before the implementation of the law in 1999 whereas in 2014 only 7,7 % of men purchased sexual services.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic...o_prostitution

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blod og Jord For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Wednesday, June 22nd, 2016, 07:38 PM
  2. Should Guns Be Legal? / The Right to Bear Arms
    By Greeneyeddevil63 in forum Self-Defense & the Art of War
    Replies: 398
    Last Post: Tuesday, July 19th, 2011, 03:38 PM
  3. Outlawry As Legal Punishment
    By Siebenbürgerin in forum Law, Ethics, & Morals
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Friday, August 13th, 2010, 11:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •