View Poll Results: Should prostitution be legal?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • It should be legal.

53 43.80%
  • It should be illegal.

56 46.28%
  • Other.

12 9.92%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Prostitution be Legal?

Sanity Is For The Weak
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwedish
    Ancestry
    Norwedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Precis når du vil
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Logic
    Religion
    Perfectionism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    Right, excuse me for calling them by their names. Would ladies be a better word to use for them?
    The legal definition is prostitute, which is really fine I think.
    Jeg er over gjennomsnittet bitter, og liker stort sett ingen andre enn meg selv

hearthtender
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, July 31st, 2010 @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Irish
    Ancestry
    Swedish Irish ?English?
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    Classical liberal
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I think that if prostitution is to be illegal then the customer should be just as firmly punished as the prostitute and the person in charge (pimp, madam etc) should get more of a punishment. Here it seems that the prostitute is the one who gets in the most trouble.

I do not like the idea of prostitution but think that it should probably be legal. Mandatory health screenings and less fodder for organized crime seem to make it worthwhile. I do not use marijuana(or any other recreational drugs) but this seems to be a similar situation. Something that is not good for you but does not need to be outlawed.

If there is not demand in an area there will be not prostitutes and local ordinances are fine with me as long as they are community supported.

I am not familiar with any prostitutes but have know many people(both male and female) who acted like 'whores' but would have been furious if anyone suggested paying them. I prefer the more precise term for money in exchange for sex acts.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave.
    "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." Dag Hammarskjold
    "Children know the truth. Love is not an emotion. Love is behavior." Andrew Vachss

Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    The legal definition is prostitute, which is really fine I think.
    I prefer to use the term "whore", it describes them and their behaviour better.

I guess I am just not PC enough for you.

Sanity Is For The Weak
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwedish
    Ancestry
    Norwedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Precis når du vil
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Logic
    Religion
    Perfectionism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I prefer to use the term "whore", it describes them and their behaviour better.

I guess I am just not PC enough for you.
    Well I didn't say said so, the choice of language definitely up to you.
    Jeg er over gjennomsnittet bitter, og liker stort sett ingen andre enn meg selv

Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 11:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Common sense tells me it doesn't matter if it is legal or not, I would say don't legalize it because it may cause more women to get involved in that kind of lifestyle. Most prostitutes are not rich and beautiful, they are junkies and skanks...another reason to not legalize it because it brings down the quality of women and leads to other bad paths.

So basically I feel its not going to preserve anything especially there....bodies
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 @ 12:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't see anything good or moral about prostitution, but it should be legal since it is the person's choice if they wish to sell themselves for sexual pleasure. It's one of the oldest known occupations known to man and should be regulated, much like the bunny ranches in Nevada where the ladies are regularly checked for STDs. Those are legal because they're a "professional" environment where they are taxed, unlike the street-walkers we're accustomed to seeing on TV and the like.
    "Life; it kills 100% of those who experience it."

Last Online
    Saturday, December 6th, 2008 @ 11:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Country
    State
    Kansas Kansas
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Idealist
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I am against prostitution. I put folk before individual choice. Anything that could damage my folk I oppose. Men should find a suitable mate and have sex with her and produce children. As long as they are both intelligent and racially compatable. Then not only could they satisfy their natural urges but contribute to the folk.
    “Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people, a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs-Jon Jay, Federalist Papers

Last Online
    Saturday, November 22nd, 2008 @ 11:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Single adult
    Politics
    Patriot, Germanicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanseMacabre View Post
    I am against prostitution. I put folk before individual choice. Anything that could damage my folk I oppose. Men should find a suitable mate and have sex with her and produce children. As long as they are both intelligent and racially compatable. Then not only could they satisfy their natural urges but contribute to the folk.
    What a wonderful post! Folk Before individual's choice, or put another way, Honor before Hedonism?

Friends, besides prostitution humiliating our women, the fact is that carefree sexual thrill with no commitment weakens the individual and harms the People in general. It is the cause of much evil in this world, It breeds hedonism, nihilism, like a drug. Allowing our cities to be overrun with prostitutes is a big endorsement of terrible sexual immorality.

The sexual relationship is sacred in a way, and it should be saved for the intimate other in one's life, with whom we wish to raise a family. Behaving like the raw African sexually is certainly NOT our way. Tacitus tells us that the ancient Germanics valued virtue and chastity highly, were monogomous, and upheld the honor of the People by punishing sexual offences by death.

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 @ 12:19 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Ban the whores. If men want sex they should get a girlfriend and they get it for free.
    Most men who use the services of prostitutes are usually individuals of such poor quality, and so physically undesirable, that they could never attract a decent woman for a legitimate relationship.

Personally, the entire idea of purely recreational sex leaves me cold. I am not a Catholic, but I think the late Pope John Paul II got it right for once when he stated: "that sex without love is an empty experience". And I personally believe Europeans are romantics by nature.

I cannot imagine that a human being could have such a lack of personal dignity and self-worth as to sell their bodies to anyone with a few Euros, Pounds, or Dollars in their pockets. How depressing. I find the idea of prostitution utterly sickening.

A side note? I consider non-working women who hire nannies to raise their children - while they indulge themselves - to be little more than prostitutes with a contract of exclusivity.

*Work would include a paying job, meaningful charity work, or the pursuit of an advanced education or a marketable skill.

*Shopping or pampering yourself at the spa all day with similarly derelict girlfriends while Padma or Rosario looks after your children does not qualify as work.

.Scear

Last Online
    Thursday, April 23rd, 2009 @ 08:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Irish, Dutch, German
    Country
    Piecrust promises,easily broken
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scear View Post
    Most men who use the services of prostitutes are usually individuals of such poor quality, and so physically undesirable, that they could never attract a decent woman for a legitimate relationship.

Personally, the entire idea of purely recreational sex leaves me cold. I am not a Catholic, but I think the late Pope John Paul II got it right for once when he stated: "that sex without love is an empty experience". And I personally believe Europeans are romantics by nature.

I cannot imagine that a human being could have such a lack of personal dignity and self-worth as to sell their bodies to anyone with a few Euros, Pounds, or Dollars in their pockets. How depressing. I find the idea of prostitution utterly sickening.

A side note? I consider non-working women who hire nannies to raise their children - while they indulge themselves - to be little more than prostitutes with a contract of exclusivity.

*Work would include a paying job, meaningful charity work, or the pursuit of an advanced education or a marketable skill.

*Shopping or pampering yourself at the spa all day with similarly derelict girlfriends while Padma or Rosario looks after your children does not qualify as work.

.Scear

i work with people who come in and have "pain"

me: so how did this injury/pain occur?
    client: well, i have to hold my 6 year old around the house who's still nursing.
    me: oh, wow! uhh.. :
    client: so the nanny is watching the children, so can you fix me, by the way i think i have a tumor. eyes:

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast