Nordid
    Politics
    Logic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Classify Larry Mullens Jr.

Larry Mullens Jr. , who is Irish, is a good example of an Irish Keltic type that is more or less remiss of Atlantid and is positioned more towards Nordid. I think this type is also common in the Netherlands and the Benelux which could help to explain the confusion concerning the two types of Nordics there. Jean Claude Van Damme would be a related example, although a bit darker. The nose is overall larger, the face a bit fuller, and the C.I. a little higher than the Hallstsatt Nordic. Upper Paleo influences seem to be not of value and needn't be necessarily implied. Larry Mullens Jr. is from Dublin which is within the keltic dominated East. Germanic disposition never affected Ireland like it did Britain and so the makeup of the island is more simplified. I welcome your comments.

Last Online
    Monday, August 15th, 2005 @ 04:52 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Politics
    Logic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: A keltic Nordic drummer

Anyone have any comments? Without a Germanic component in Ireland it isn't as likely to get confused over certain types that are close in appearance like it is in Britain.

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

All your points are relevant and he could of course fit in Northern France and Belgium too, regions that were once partially Celtic.

This is probably a type many associate with being Western European.

Ireland had a Germanic component, but we could discuss how significant it may have been.

I would have not thought otherwise if you would have told me that he is either French, Swiss, Austrian, German or even Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer Mann
    Anyone have any comments? Without a Germanic component in Ireland it isn't as likely to get confused over certain types that are close in appearance like it is in Britain.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Politics
    Logic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for your input. Ireland is a good spot to study the Keltic type.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 18th, 2004 @ 12:50 PM
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Politics
    yes
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont think ireland is the best place to study the keltic-nordic type. Ireland has too much Brunns besides keltic-nordics. The places in Europe were most keltic-nordics live are England and Holland.

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I am not so sure about the Netherlands. As for darker hair there I read about a very weak Mediterranid and Dinarid element in the southern provinces.

Do you have any examples of Dutchmen whom you would call Keltic Nordic?

Quote Originally Posted by der_mannschaft
    I dont think ireland is the best place to study the keltic-nordic type. Ireland has too much Brunns besides keltic-nordics. The places in Europe were most keltic-nordics live are England and Holland.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Politics
    yes
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am not so sure about the Netherlands. As for darker hair there I read about a very weak Mediterranid and Dinarid element in the southern provinces.

Do you have any examples of Dutchmen whom you would call Keltic Nordic?
    Carleton Coon wrote that most English people are keltic-nordic. The keltic-nordic subrace is almost the same as the Scandinavian hallstatt-nordic, but the main difference is that keltic-nordics are usually not blond but instead brownhaired.
    Carleton Coon also wrote that dutch people fall mostly into the nordic category:

``The living Netherlanders, as is to be expected, belong more to a Nordic type than to any other, while large-headed brachycephals form an important minority``

Coon also stated that metrical the dutch are indistinguishable from British people

``The general picture of the Dutch as a predominantly Nordic people who have absorbed a certain amount of Upper Palaeolithic European blood is substantiated by a detailed study of 70 Netherlanders measured both at home and in America.36 This group, with a mean stature of 173 cm. and a cephalic index of 79, fits almost exactly into the metrical category of the British and Americans of British descent.``

Personally I have studied many dutch and english people. Most dutch and english people have brown hair and light eyes. Dutch people have a little bit darker hair than the english, but the differences are not great.

Thats why I consider Dutch people mostly to be keltic-nordic, just like English people.

Now let us turn to another anthropologists : Bertil lundman. Lundman claimed there are 3 types of nordics : a darkhaired Nord-Atlantid, a blond broad headed Faelid and a blond longheaded Scando-Nordid.
    Lundman claimed that the british isles are mostly Nord-Atlantid. This is correct in my opinion. However Lundman was wrong about Holland. He claimed Dutch-Frisia was mostly Falish and southern-Holland is (partially) alpine and mediterranean. This is not correct. Dutch-Frisians are mostly brownhaired, they are not blond like Faelids. Southern-Holland is neither Alpine or Mediterranean in my opinion.
    In my opinion the subrace that predominates everywhere in Holland from Southern-Holland to Northern-Holland (Frisia) = Nord-Atlantid. Same as the british isles.
    The reason why im saying this = southern-dutch and northern-dutch people both have a nordic skull, so they cant be considered alpine or mediterranean. Southern-Dutch and Northern-dutch people both usually have brown hair, so they cant be considered Faelid or Scando-Nordid. So both Southern-Dutch and Northern-Dutch must be Nord-Atlantid.

Another anthropologist Czekanowski :

``According to Czekanowski, there are four basic white races, located schematically at the corners of the square; and six sub-races or mixed types, which result from the crossing of the four fundamental ones. These races and sub-races, with their Greek letters, may be listed as follows:``

According to Czekanowski North-West Europeans (flemings, dutch, british, irish) are of the North-Western type. The North-Western type is as you can see in the table a mixture of Nordic with Med. The result of this Nordic altered by med admixture is the Keltic-Nordic of Coon and the Nord-Atlantid of Lundman.

These were my views on the subject.
    Last edited by der_mannschaft; Wednesday, April 14th, 2004 at 03:05 PM.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Politics
    Logic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This was concerning many of us finding it a little more difficult then previously in distinguishing the Anglo-Saxon type and the Keltic Nordic type. There had been many valid questions raised recently on some other posts. A population like Britain and the Netherlands have both the Keltic and the Anglo-Saxon plus other Germanic types so finding specimens that we can clearly portray as one or the other with little distraction is more difficult. We were even questioning whether Hugh Grant was indeed possibly an Anglo-Saxon or at least partly. A region where both types are plentiful makes it more difficult to nail down an exact phenotype description. This is why Ireland, where the percentage of Keltic types is no less mind you, is easier to distinguish against the backdrop of the compellingly different and unrelated Bruenn. Its more like night and day. A Germanic component is negligible and at best inaffective on a stable level. Attached are photos of Bing Crosby who was of irish heritage. On the surface it might prove difficult to distinguish him from a Germanic Nordic or gracile Anglo-Saxon type in England when you consider his fair complexion. Since his genes are Irish we can be more assertive that he was probably a Keltic Nordic.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Politics
    yes
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This was concerning many of us finding it a little more difficult then previously in distinguishing the Anglo-Saxon type and the Keltic Nordic type. There had been many valid questions raised recently on some other posts. A population like Britain and the Netherlands have both the Keltic and the Anglo-Saxon plus other Germanic types so finding specimens that we can clearly portray as one or the other with little distraction is more difficult. We were even questioning whether Hugh Grant was indeed possibly an Anglo-Saxon or at least partly. A region where both types are plentiful makes it more difficult to nail down an exact phenotype description. This is why Ireland, where the percentage of Keltic types is no less mind you, is easier to distinguish against the backdrop of the compellingly different and unrelated Bruenn. Its more like night and day.
    Perhaps.

I think David Seaman may perhaps be a good example of a Keltic-Nordic since he looks so similar to the photografic example from Coon`s book :

Last edited by der_mannschaft; Thursday, April 15th, 2004 at 02:05 PM.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Politics
    Logic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Perhaps.

I think David Seaman may perhaps be a good example of a Keltic-Nordic since he looks so similar to the photografic example from Coon`s book :

He does look very close. Seems a bit darker though. The keltics do have a broader range than some other groups though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast