26 27.08%
  • generally bad

16 16.67%
  • both good and bad in some respects

52 54.17%
  • other

2 2.08%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modernization/Technology: Good or Bad?

Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Both good and bad aspects, but many good ones. Would you rather live in the 14th century and die of bubonic plague or in birth? How about go out in the middle of the night because you have to pee? You'd have to do it outside, like everyone, and the city would be full of stench. Not to mention rats. No news, no internet to find out what happens in your area. If there's a war, you find out once they're in your house, stealing your goods and raping your women. Thanks, but no thanks, I like the era I'm living in.

Last Online
    Sunday, January 25th, 2009 @ 05:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    German, Austrian, Czech
    Subrace
    Seriously?
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Arizona Arizona
    Married
    Occupation
    AE - Industrial Recycler
    Politics
    None can be trusted!
    Religion
    Shamanic Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not Necessarily Permenant

I just want to point out that modernization is neither a requriement of the advancement of civillization nor permanent.

That old Yeates saying "The center does not hold" strikes me as a good point for human civillizations. We tend to think we are way more cool and way more set in foundational rock than we really are. This too will crumble into dust at some point. It always does.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 18th, 2018 @ 10:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-African
    Ancestry
    English
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Preservation of diversity
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Generally good. I wouldn't imagine myself living in caves or huts. The problem is, humans abuse modernisation. At this rate, our resources will run out faster than they should.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Tradition
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    The main problem is not modernisation in my opinion. The main problem is the system and structure of the city. The city is not a modern invention. It existed since a very long time. The city has some advantages, but there are many disadvantages that it has fostered. One is the loss of close tribal connections. In villages, everyone knows each other, and say hello on the street. Cities are the environments which fostered rudeness, carelessness and lack of empathy towards our kin. It's not surprising some studies carried out revealed the most rude places in the world are cities. If you have a modernised village, with running water, electricity, television and internet, it's not a problem.

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    The same question like "is food good or bad". First you always need food, like you need to adapt to new situations and evolve as a society, secondly it largely depends on what you finally eat.

So Modernisation as a whole is like a store in which you get cultural tools, some are good, some neutral, some bad for you and your group.

Now the problem comes from ideological approaches which claim that "The Modernisation" is a whole package, f.e. filled with Liberalism or Marxism, Cultural Marxism or a new form of Islamism or Fascism even - but oh well, there is no true wholly book in which there is an undisputed coercible relationship between all parts of what especially Liberal and Cultural Marxist call (their!) "The Modernisation".

What these people call (their) Modernisation is in realiy the destruction of structures they despise and the rise of powers and powerful elements of society to almost unlimited control over the people. So that Modernisation has so many negative aspects is to a large part the result of hostile elements abusing the necessary changes and real improvements for their interests in the cause of getting a harder grip on the ressources, power and control over the people. The plutocratic Oligarchy is in the end the greatest enemy of corrective steps to get rid of the negative aspects of many changes for the individual, group and in the end all mankind.

They need the problems to sell their solution, until the mass of people without a realistic orientation became their minor slaves. The current banking system is just one really nice example of how they manipulate things to the worse for the wide majority of all people and races, but the better for their small clique and minions. Just think about the boni for their top managers which shut up about the real events behind the scenes and the fraud of the people. Now the very same can be applied to Cultural Marxist re-education in many parts of society, the dumbing down of the people via the mass media or the mass immigration into Western countries and many more things. The problem lies in the lack of an independent, incorruptible, intelligent, long term and group oriented political decision making process and politicians. We were bought out and dont decide any longer what we want to accept and what not, but rather being forced to accept what the plutocratic oligarchy things of being useful to them and their goals.

Looking at modernisation, thats the real problem and if anyone has another "modernisation plan", they call him anti-modernist or worse, but ok, thats part of the propaganda they use to manipulate the people.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Modernisation is generally good in my opinion, because of technology. The more we learn the more we know the world around us and how to survive in it.

Last Online
    Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 @ 08:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    New South Wales New South Wales
    Married
    Politics
    Folk oriented
    Religion
    Heathen/Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Both good and bad. We wil have to learn to live with it because it's unavoidable as long as scientific and technological progress is made.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 4th, 2019 @ 03:05 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    The 3rd World modernising and in the process taking on (modern) Western values will mean that they too will have fewer children and some will perhaps not have any at all. This will be because all of a sudden kids will cost money and they will have mortages and the wife works etc Also with money they will start to spend more and become more interested in hobbies etc which I would say right now in the 3rd world is relatively unheard of.

So in that respect it could be good ie less of them.

On the bad side I can see them going through fossil fuels faster than the Western world ever did as they are generally irresponsible.

I would have preferred Western countries to have stayed isolated from the Mid East, Africa and Asia and just modernised in a way that suited us and to hell with the rest.
    I grew up on a belief of honour, courage and the old world values. The world isn't about that anymore, preferring to die a slow death of fast food and cheap thrills.

Aka Devadatta Niall Noigiallach's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 02:00 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I see it as the downfall of what makes us essentially human and as the devolution of the human spirit and spirituality in exchange for convenience; at least after the Industrial Revolution which was the unrecoverable turning point. My views are similar to those of Theodore Kaczynski.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Indust...and_Its_Future

Last Online
    Monday, May 16th, 2011 @ 01:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Danish, German, Irish, Scottish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Single adult
    Religion
    Roman Reconstructionism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think it depends on the technology itself. Medical care is a good thing. Computing is generally good. But some technologies are more dangerous than others. Commercial Television and the like has moved the culture-forming from the household to the media centers of New York and Hollywood. It's erasing local culture at a fast clip. Cell phones are a mixed bag -- on the one hand it can be dangerous while driving and can cause a person to ignore the people they're with to take another call. On the other hand, if your car breaks down, you want a cell phone to call for help.

My thinking is that before you take a new technology into your life, you should consider whether it will erode things that you hold dear.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast