Last Online
    Thursday, January 26th, 2006 @ 03:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Knife of Dreams - Robert Jordan

New book in Robert Jordans epic series The Wheel of Time

The second last book of the entire series?

Summary:
    As the very fabric of reality wears thin all portents indicate that Tarmon Gai'don, the Last Battle, is imminent - and Rand al'Thorburn must ready himself to confront the Dark One. But Rand must first negotiate a truce with the Seanchan armies, as their forces increasingly sap his strength. Perrin has made his own desperate truce with the Seanchan - he would deal with the Dark One himself to save his wife Faile from the Shaido. Meanwhile, Mat is caught up in a reckless escape from Ebou Dar with the kidnapped Daughter of the Nine Moons. But Tuon is in fact in deadly danger from her Seanchan countrymen. Mat will have to risk much to prevail and still win her as his bride. All is in flux as established powers falter ...In Caemlyn, Elayne fights to gain the Lion Throne while trying to avert civil war and Egwene finds that even the White Tower is no longer a place of safety. The winds of time have whirled into a storm, and Rand and his companions ride in the vortex. This small company must prevail against the trials of fate and fortune - or the Dark One will triumph and the world will be lost.
    If it is so,that the old man Jordan is scheming to finish his epic in the next book it calls for a lot of intriuges to be cleared up in this one.50 pages into the prolouge there has been some interesting twists to the story already. I'll spare you of any spoilers.Disapointing although to discover that KoD is in fact a little thinner than Crossroads of Twilight,wich preceded it. A lot of nice reading ahead anyways.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Last Online
    Thursday, April 15th, 2010 @ 07:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Trönder/Hälsingetypen
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Racial nationalism/Nordicism
    Religion
    Non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I think the books are nice, but there's so many of them. The Path of Daggers was the last one i read.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 20th, 2007 @ 08:27 PM
    Country
    Finland Finland
    Having a longtime companion
    Occupation
    X-Rays & Uranium
    Religion
    I Exist.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I finished A Crown Of Swords a while ago, (BTW, IMHO the best place to read New Spring; The Novel is between Lord of Chaos and A Crown Of Swords) and will now as usual take a break from Jordan and resume the series when the time seems right. I like the series, and am in no hurry to finish it as I hate looking for another series to enjoy.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think the books are nice, but there's so many of them. The Path of Daggers was the last one i read.
    Not many enough the swedish translations beeing doubble the number of english books helps a bit but don't suffice. You have a lot of enjoyment in front of you.

I finished A Crown Of Swords a while ago, (BTW, IMHO the best place to read New Spring; The Novel is between The Fires of Heaven and A Crown Of Swords) and will now as usual take a break from Jordan and resume the series when the time seems right. I like the series, and am in no hurry to finish it as I hate looking for another series to enjoy.
    Indeed no. When Jordan finnishes the last book there will be a emptiness in the hearts of all of us readers,it's a good thing there still are the two additional prolouges left to look forward to, but still. New Spring,yes, it deserves a thread of its on but what did you think of it? I don't have any big objections that I can recall,although it wasn't fantastic. Learning how deep Siuan Sanches and Moiraines relationship went was quite the shock.I think reading them in the order you say would be ok,although reading New Spring before the first book would spoil the first.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 20th, 2007 @ 08:27 PM
    Country
    Finland Finland
    Having a longtime companion
    Occupation
    X-Rays & Uranium
    Religion
    I Exist.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehnskiöld
    Indeed no. When Jordan finnishes the last book there will be a emptiness in the hearts of all of us readers,it's a good thing there still are the two additional prolouges left to look forward to, but still. New Spring,yes, it deserves a thread of its on but what did you think of it? I don't have any big objections that I can recall,although it wasn't fantastic. Learning how deep Siuan Sanches and Moiraines relationship went was quite the shock.I think reading them in the order you say would be ok,although reading New Spring before the first book would spoil the first.
    I felt New Spring just a tad weak in comparison to the full-lenght books... The characters seemed overly-simplified, Moiraine's and Lan's coming together and all seemed too light-hearted in a way... To read NS first of all books would be a mistake, yes. It gives away too much, such as Siuan's and Moiraine's history, which is best disovered later on in the story so as not to destroy suspense. NS also introduces Cadsuane, who appears in the actual series in ACoS, that is a reason why I felt it best placed between LoC and ACoS. It is as with Star Wars; seeing episodes I, II and III first destroys the original trilogy.

EDIT: I noticed that I had initially said NS should be read between TFoH(book 5) and ACoS(book 7), I naturally meant between LoC(book 6) and ACoS.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Blod and bloody ashes! : I seem to have forgotten many of the intrigues and characters during my little pause from the series. I ought to have re-read at least Crossroads fo Twillight before KoD to have any chance to keep up with the schemes.:speechles

Also,I have to take back what I said about New Spring since intriguing events in this book has lead me to feel that NS probably will fit best before KoD. Otherwises it's a lot more speed and drama in Knife of Dreams than in CoT, lots of events and it looks very,very promising for large-scale,dramatic events and large-scale butcher and maiming! :icon_evil

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus

EDIT: I noticed that I had initially said NS should be read between TFoH(book 5) and ACoS(book 7), I naturally meant between LoC(book 6) and ACoS.
    I got till LoC and then read NS which so far has remained the last I have read, so I probably chose the right time to read it
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)