View Poll Results: Germanic Rotterdam & Germanic San Diego; of Equal Importance?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, both are important as Germanic cities

15 32.61%
  • No, one is more vital than the other as a Germanic city

31 67.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Germanic Rotterdam & Germanic San Diego; of Equal Importance?

Last Online
    Saturday, December 6th, 2008 @ 10:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Kansas Kansas
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Idealist
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I think America is Germanic and all of it should be preserved. But if it came down to preserving a European Germanic country such as Germany; and losing America as a Germanic colonial settlement than Germany is more important. Our Germanic homelands in Europe IMO will always be more important than our conquered settlements.
    “Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people, a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs-Jon Jay, Federalist Papers

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    East German
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    National
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanseMacabre View Post
    I think America is Germanic and all of it should be preserved. But if it came down to preserving a European Germanic country such as Germany; and losing America as a Germanic colonial settlement than Germany is more important. Our Germanic homelands in Europe IMO will always be more important than our conquered settlements.
    And if you lose America, who do you think will receive millions of American refugees? Germany? eyes: Germany isn't your homelands, your ancestors decide to leave it for the life elsewhere, for more religious rights or better life or whatever, ours stayed here and endured the persecutions or hunger. Americans are foreigners to Germany and its people, they fought against Germany and bombed and killed our people in two world wars. They have no right to demand that we provide any kind of services to them. Not to mention it's already crowded here. We have no room for millions of American mouths to feed.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Friday, July 31st, 2020 @ 02:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    I don't believe so. America is as valuable as Germany. Our forefathers fought for us to be able to live a prosperous life in this country. Our ancestors dwelled here. This anti-American attitude will kill our country one day. More anti-Americans are born and bred inside our borders than in Europe. I also believe Ossi has a point. Where would we Americans go if we lost our country? I believe Germany is about the size of Texas. No European country has the obligation to provide us asylum and refugee camps.

Die Sonne scheint noch.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Solar Wolff For This Useful Post:

Secure a future for Germanic children
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    The American self denial of some people is saddening. I'm sorry, I can't respect the opinions of American people who don't respect their own nation and deny its importance in favor of some dreams about Europe.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossi View Post
    Americans are foreigners to Germany and its people, they fought against Germany and bombed and killed our people in two world wars.
    What about all the other wars prior? Does every German citizen get a background check to make sure their ancestors were not on the wrong side of the 30 Years war, the Silesian wars, or the Napoleonic wars?

They have no right to demand that we provide any kind of services to them. We have no room for millions of American mouths to feed.
    Unlikely to happen. Extremely few Germanics in the US need be on state support
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff View Post
    I have never been to Rotterdam but I love San Diego and have been there many times. San Diego is in my state and my country. It is my responsibility along with the responsibility of other Americans to defend. I hope we will do so with all our strength. But San Diego, Los Angeles, El Paso, New York City, Sidney, New Christ, Montreal, Vancouver and so on are not within the core Germanic countries. The core is where we all are from. It is the very environment to which we are all best adapted. Our fundamental history is there.

We can all lose a finger and ear or even an eye but we cannot bear to lose a liver, a brain, or a heart. This is the relationship of San Diego to Rotterdam. Believe me, I don't want to lose a finger and will fight like hell to prevent it but it is not the same as losing a heart.
    Agreed. No doubt San Diego is worth saving, but Rotterdam lies in a region that has been Germanic for ages. Losing Rotterdam is of far greater strategic and symbolic significance than losing San Diego.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEnglishNorman View Post
    Is a Germanic future for both of these cities, equally important to you?
    It's like comparing apples & oranges. To a Dutchman Rotterdam would be more important, San Diego would be worth more to an American, except the self-hating kind. Permanently conceding either city would be a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    Yes, both are important as Germanic cities

What are you trying to prove with this, OEN? :
    It's simply an opportunity to try & create drama by resurrecting the European vs Colonial divisions. And it's no coincidence he started this thread while I'm in San Diego.

By the way San Diego isn't really a representative city of Germanic America...
    What would be representative of a Germanic city in America? The US is a large country with a large degree of climatic & historical diversity among the different regions. San Diego & Los Angeles use to be considered among the most all-American cities in the US. When they became American at the end of the Mexican-American War, they were basically just small Catholic missions.They were peopled by native-born Americans of native-born parents of Anglo-Germanic stock from the Midwest, the only thing Hispanic about them being their names. It was after WWII that White ethnics from the Northeast started moving to Los Angeles & in the late sixties the illegal alien invasion from the south started.

San Diego should not be afforded much respect as a Germanic settlement in comparison to other American cities.
    Who are you to say which American communities should be afforded respect as Germanic cities. San Diego is still more Anglo-Germanic then the English founded Philadelphia or Dutch founded New York.
    I think both are equally important. We shouldn't just write off living space in North America. But Europe is the homeland of our ancestors & the psychological effect of losing Europe would be devasting to preservationalists.

And if you lose America, who do you think will receive millions of American refugees? Germany? eyes: Germany isn't your homelands, your ancestors decide to leave it for the life elsewhere, for more religious rights or better life or whatever, ours stayed here and endured the persecutions or hunger. Americans are foreigners to Germany and its people, they fought against Germany and bombed and killed our people in two world wars. They have no right to demand that we provide any kind of services to them. Not to mention it's already crowded here. We have no room for millions of American mouths to feed.
    Don't worry, most of us don't want to go to Europe. Those of us of Colonial era stock are like the Afrikaners in South Africa who refuse to leave no matter how bad things get. WE don't want your assistance, we only ask that you not give our enemies moral or material support.

The American self denial of some people is saddening. I'm sorry, I can't respect the opinions of American people who don't respect their own nation and deny its importance in favor of some dreams about Europe.
    Agreed. America is my ancestoral land. Though the majority of my ancestors were living in Britain 30O-400 years ago & I feel a kinship with the English, Scots, Australians etc... America is where myself & my family belong. I find it offensive when people do not differentiate between the US government & the American people or they advocating partition or abandoning parts of the US.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Friday, July 31st, 2020 @ 02:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    That was more or less my opinion too. San Diego should not be afforded much respect as a Germanic settlement in comparison to other American cities.
    Please stop insulting the history and heritage of our country. As you can see here, the USA is considered a Germanic country officially by the Althing. I am a proud American and I care about the future of San Diego just as I care about the future of Rotterdam. Your European supremacy agenda is divisive and destructive to the goals of this forum.

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Account Disabled on Request

Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 03:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    It's simply an opportunity to try & create drama by resurrecting the European vs Colonial divisions.
    A wager with another member on a hypothetical opinion split amongst members:

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.p...2948#post62948

And it's no coincidence he started this thread while I'm in San Diego.
    I had no idea whether or where you were on holiday. A city with a Spanish name and dubious Germanic grounding was sought.

Could have been any other fine Germanic burg such as El Paso, San Jose.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast