Religion
    Heiden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Welcome Wears Thin As Refugees Swamp Swedish Town of 'Little Iraq'

Welcome wears thin as refugees swamp Swedish town of 'Little Iraq'

Yousif Emad had learnt a little Swedish in the past eight months —- enough to know that the four-page official letter meant the end of his dreams.

The 46-year-old Christian, who fled Baghdad after repeated threats to force him to convert to Islam, yesterday became one of the growing number of Iraqis to be refused asylum in Sweden, which until recently was the most welcoming European country for refugees.

He thought it would be a formality to join the 6,000-strong Iraqi community in Södertälje, a small town near Stockholm, which is known locally as Little Iraq.

Fellow exiles fish in the ornamental lake for their dinner in the town, which has taken more of his countrymen than Britain or the United States.

“I sold my house and gave $17,000 (£8,523) to a smuggler to get to Sweden because I heard they wanted immigrants,” said Mr Emad after breaking the news of his rejection to his wife and three children in Syria. “If they send me back to Baghdad I will be killed.”

Sweden granted full refugee status to 24,799 Iraqis from 2003-07 compared with 260 by Britain. Another 2,680 were given humanitarian or discretionary leave to remain in the UK.

Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor, wants the EU to do more to help the Iraqi Christians, many of whom are among the two million refugees in Syria and Jordan.

Yesterday her Interior Minister outlined plans to resettle more Iraqis in Germany.

But as Sweden —- in particular Södertälje —- has learnt, the region is suffering from compassion fatigue.

Anders Lago, the Mayor of the town, went to Washington last week to tell a congressional committee that his schools and apartment buildings could no longer cope.

“It was fantastic as a mayor of a small town in Sweden coming to the big USA to give a speech in Congress,” said Mr Lago, 51.

“I told them that it was not us who started the war but today we are taking a great responsibility for Iraqi refugees. Barack Obama told me he was ashamed that the US did not take more care for refugees.

“I asked if there was some way the US could help Södertälje - but the war has cost the people in the US a lot so I do not think they will be sending any money here for taking care of the refugee problem.”

Read full article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3775951.ece

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It's funny that governments are always willing to bring in more Muslim hordes while turning their backs in christians. I know that Sweden is sick and tired of any Arab- and I can't exactly blame them because we feel the same way- but for heaven's sake.. these Christians should be helped.. only if it would mean a temporal stay and permanent asylum in the USA or Canada.

We in Europe are packed to breaking point- we should throw out these Muslims and help Christians and atheists... even if it means that they will be here for a few months or years before they take the aeroplane to the other side of the Atlantic.
    It is quite rare to hear me speak in defense of non-western refugees but these people deserve it- their religion makes it easier for them to integrate and in Iraq they will be slaughtered. IMHO- since the US was the one that started the war- it would be their job to welcome Christian refugees... while throwing the Muslims out.

Last Online
    Monday, March 8th, 2010 @ 09:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    celtic
    Country
    England England
    radical democracy
    Religion
    atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The more countries we attack , the more refugees will come. If you think the West has had it bad for Iraqi refugees you should spare a thought for other nations who have been left to deal with the fallout of the US iraqi oil grab.

There are millions of Iraqi refugees in Syria , Jordan ,Iran. These countries were staunch critics of the invasion and occupation of Iraq , yet they too are being expected to cope with the problems of an mass influx of people whilst at the same time being threatened by the US and Britain. It's disgraceful.

People who create a mess should be the ones who do the cleaning up , expecting others to do it is arrogant and invites further irresponsible government behaviour to carry on unchecked.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Last Online
    Saturday, November 7th, 2009 @ 01:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scots/Welsh/Nordic/Irish/Strathclyde Briton
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    California California
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    writer
    Politics
    Jeffersonian Democrat
    Religion
    Zennist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    It's funny that governments are always willing to bring in more Muslim hordes while turning their backs in christians. I know that Sweden is sick and tired of any Arab- and I can't exactly blame them because we feel the same way- but for heaven's sake.. these Christians should be helped.. only if it would mean a temporal stay and permanent asylum in the USA or Canada.

We in Europe are packed to breaking point- we should throw out these Muslims and help Christians and atheists... even if it means that they will be here for a few months or years before they take the aeroplane to the other side of the Atlantic.
    It is quite rare to hear me speak in defense of non-western refugees but these people deserve it- their religion makes it easier for them to integrate and in Iraq they will be slaughtered. IMHO- since the US was the one that started the war- it would be their job to welcome Christian refugees... while throwing the Muslims out.
    Well here in San Diego we are second to Dearborn Michigan in Chaldean Christians from Iraq. They do not mix with any other Christian's they might as well be from mars. There kids have no respect for women they will push them out of the way. Well that happened also at my sons high school a few years ago before he went on to college.
    My son now 20, looks like he just got off the long boat, yellow blond hair 6'3 240(no fat) with nineteen inch biceps.When he saw one of them push a girl at school, he walked over to two of these Chaldean kids and launched them both about six feet. "Sorry girls I must have tripped over your bhurka". Got him a two day suspension but the Chaldeans got the message.

I think all refugges like this should be housed in high rise government built Penthouses Next to George W Ranch.
    Hurrah!,Hurrah! for Southern Rights
    Hurrah,Hurragh for the Bonnie Blue Flag
    that Bears a Single Star

Last Online
    Monday, February 28th, 2011 @ 09:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    French, Zeelandic, Dutch.
    Subrace
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    None
    Religion
    Racial occultism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    I think its strange that a christian from Iraq can not enter Sweden, i see the same thing in my land, they only let in the worst of the worst immigrants, and muslims are always welcome, but when there are talks to kick out a radical muslim all the leftists and multiculturalists scream, but when a christian from the Middle East is kicked out no one says anything....

Last Online
    Friday, February 8th, 2019 @ 10:19 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt
    Ancestry
    West Country Zider 'ead.
    Subrace
    Brünn/Keltic-Nordic
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Slinger
    Politics
    Uncer Dæg Willa Becuman
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietsehamer View Post
    I think its strange that a christian from Iraq can not enter Sweden, i see the same thing in my land, they only let in the worst of the worst immigrants, and muslims are always welcome, but when there are talks to kick out a radical muslim all the leftists and multiculturalists scream, but when a christian from the Middle East is kicked out no one says anything....

It would of been a matter of time till the children of this man shunned their Father's wise words and religion, and befriended Islam to unite with their perceived Brothers.
    Well done Sweden in waking up to its problems.
    "The only way to get smarter is to play a smarter opponent."

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, England, Scotland & Normandy
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    South Holland South Holland
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Musician
    Politics
    Free-Thinker & Anti-Monarchist
    Religion
    Heiden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I dont care realy if a refugee is Christian or Muslim or Jew i dont want any of them, let them go back to there sandbox and play holy soldiers there.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Sunday, December 28th, 2008 @ 07:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    British
    Subrace
    sub-nordic
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    National Anarchist
    Religion
    Hatha Yoga
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Arab Christians can always convert to Islam (oh well, swap one bollocky religion for another - how tragic!) or just move to a tolerant Arab country.

They are just using the Christian story for sympathy, when they should be taking refuge close to home. Jordan, Syria, Iran, Israel... whatever.........:o

Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts
    Yeah, why don't they move to Lebanon, plenty of Arab Christians there
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Last Online
    Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 @ 08:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Family
    Single, looking
    Occupation
    Film Student
    Politics
    rergreheh
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I have met some non-muslim arabs who I can't find anything wrong with. I mean granted I really don't want them coming over to the west since we have so many but overall I don't see anything wrong with their character, personality and temperament. They actually treated women with respect and had good taste in music.

Keep in mind this article is written by a liberal news source no doubt and they had to choose the martyr of this story (there is always one) who is used to manipulate the emotions of knee-jerk reactionaries. I know that the immigration affairs are starting to get fed up with this stuff. It is said that the conductors on the trains always check the passports of non-whites in Scandinavia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast