Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Britons Fear Race Violence

Thursday, 17 April 2008

Almost two-thirds of people in Britain fear race relations are so poor that tensions are likely to spill over into violence, a BBC poll has found.

Of the 1,000 people asked, 60% said the UK had too many immigrants and half wanted foreigners encouraged to leave.

But the proportion of people describing themselves as "racially prejudiced" was down to 20%, compared with 24% in 2005.

Equality and Human Rights Commission head Trevor Phillips said the findings were "alarming".

Britain's last serious race riots - when violent clashes erupted between white and Asian youths in northern England - happened seven years ago.

Despite this, the poll, carried out by Mori, found three out of four people thought there was now a great deal or a fair amount of tension between races and nationalities.

And almost two in three feared tension was certain or likely to lead to violence, although it is not clear whether people are imagining full-blown street riots or minor scuffles.

Mr Phillips told BBC News: "What worries me is if that friction starts to catch fire - if people do genuinely believe it's going to catch fire then we're in trouble.

"This finding may reflect not what is happening today but the story that's been told of the last 40 years - that if you get people of different kinds together then eventually there's going to be trouble."

The survey was commissioned to mark the 40th anniversary of Enoch Powell's infamous "rivers of blood" speech, in which he described the indigenous population's "sense of alarm and resentment" over immigration.

Speaking of his foreboding, he said: "Like the Roman, I seem to see the river Tiber foaming with blood."

Read the whole Article here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7352125.stm
    "We Germans fear God, but nothing else in the world; and already that godliness is it, which let us love and foster peace."
    - Otto von Bismarck, 1888

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 18th, 2017 @ 11:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's stunning to see what ordinary people actually think compared to the garbage the media generally spews. I remember the BNP voluntary repatriation policy being described as fascist, and yet it turns out over half the population agrees.

Sanity Is For The Weak
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwedish
    Ancestry
    Norwedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Precis når du vil
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Logic
    Religion
    Perfectionism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

UK is Sitting on a Racial Tinder Box, Say Most Britons

London: Britain is sitting on a racial tinder box, according to a BBC poll that reveals that most Britons believe that race relations are so poor that they are likely to spill into violence any moment.
    Almost two-thirds of people in Britain fear the impact of poor race relations, and most believe that the country has too many immigrants.

Half of those polled wanted foreigners to be encouraged to leave the country. The poll also revealed that the proportion of people describing themselves as "racially prejudiced" was down to 20 per cent, compared with 24 per cent in 2005.

Britain's last serious race riots occurred in Oldham and Burnley in north England in 2001, when violent clashes erupted between white and Asian youths. Since then there has been an uneasy calm in several inner city areas across England.

Describing the findings as 'alarming', Equality and Human Rights Commission head Trevor Phillips told BBC News: "What worries me is if that friction starts to catch fire - if people do genuinely believe it's going to catch fire then we're in trouble.

"This finding may reflect not what is happening today but the story that's been told of the last 40 years - that if you get people of different kinds together then eventually there's going to be trouble."

The survey was commissioned to mark the 40th anniversary of Enoch Powell's infamous "rivers of blood" speech, in which he described the indigenous population's "sense of alarm and resentment" over immigration.

© Copyright 2008 PTI. All rights reserved.
    http://news.in.msn.com/national/arti...mentid=1346609

I think because of mass immigrants influx in UK, as the term '' British '' been used widely by the immigrants to identify themselves therefore, I think the native British reinforce their own identity referring themselves as English, Welsh and Scottish. Perhaps I'm wrong ........
    Jeg er over gjennomsnittet bitter, og liker stort sett ingen andre enn meg selv

Last Online
    Friday, February 8th, 2019 @ 10:19 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt
    Ancestry
    West Country Zider 'ead.
    Subrace
    Brünn/Keltic-Nordic
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Slinger
    Politics
    Uncer Dæg Willa Becuman
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    [url]I think because of mass immigrants influx in UK, as the term '' British '' been used widely by the immigrants to identify themselves therefore, I think the native British reinforce their own identity referring themselves as English, Welsh and Scottish. Perhaps I'm wrong ........
    You are correct. "They" are British and I am English.
    "The only way to get smarter is to play a smarter opponent."

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    You think the UK is just try the USA where whites are guranteed to be a Minority by 2050 if not sooner and where currently a majority of the states with the most population are at least 25%-40% minority.

http://faculty.washington.edu/mbarre...lation2050.pdf

Last Online
    Sunday, August 19th, 2012 @ 11:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English (50%), German (20%), Irish (12.5%), Lithuanian (12.5%), Scottish, Dutch, French
    Woden, Thunor, Frīg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I think this will be used to amp up PC and multikulti efforts.

"What worries me is if that friction starts to catch fire - if people do genuinely believe it's going to catch fire then we're in trouble."

So they will try everything to make people believe that there is no friction.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soten View Post
    I think this will be used to amp up PC and multikulti efforts.

"What worries me is if that friction starts to catch fire - if people do genuinely believe it's going to catch fire then we're in trouble."

So they will try everything to make people believe that there is no friction.
    One has to wonder, if mounting tensions will tear American democracy apart. Perhaps it is not a question of if but when?

American Democracy wasn't designed to accomadate the group Politics that dominate todays Politics. It seems no one can agree on anything except that there is no agreement.

I believe America is on an irreversable Road to Decline, because of unchecked Immigration. The doors were opened and now they can't be closed. And since it was White Americans who made this country great, I believe America will more and more resemble the 3rd World as more 3rd Worlders flood this country and as the Older White Americans die out....but I guess that's the way the World is...No Civilization can be on top forever.

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, England, Scotland & Normandy
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    South Holland South Holland
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Musician
    Politics
    Free-Thinker & Anti-Monarchist
    Religion
    Heiden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And again i can say its the same in the Netherlands and i guess most countries in the west, there is a racewar coming our countries are like bombs waiting to explode.

But yeah indeed the question is when?