Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 @ 08:44 AM
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Brigitte Bardot Speaks Out Against Islam

PARIS (Reuters) - French former film star Brigitte Bardot went on trial on Tuesday for insulting Muslims, the fifth time she has faced the charge of "inciting racial hatred" over her controversial remarks about Islam and its followers.

Prosecutors asked that the Paris court hand the 73-year-old former sex symbol a two-month suspended prison sentence and fine her 15,000 euros ($23,760) for saying the Muslim community was "destroying our country and imposing its acts".

Since retiring from the film industry in the 1970s, Bardot has become a prominent animal rights activist but she has also courted controversy by denouncing Muslim traditions and immigration from predominantly Muslim countries.

She has been fined four times for inciting racial hatred since 1997, at first 1,500 euros and most recently 5,000.

Prosecutor Anne de Fontette told the court she was seeking a tougher sentence than usual, adding: "I am a little tired of prosecuting Mrs Bardot."

Bardot did not attend the trial because she said she was physically unable to. The verdict is expected in several weeks.

French anti-racist groups complained last year about comments Bardot made about the Muslim feast of Eid al-Adha in a letter to President Nicolas Sarkozy that was later published by her foundation.

Muslims traditionally mark Eid al-Adha by slaughtering a sheep or another animal to commemorate the prophet Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son on God's orders.

France is home to 5 million Muslims, Europe's largest Muslim community, making up 8 percent of France's population.

"I am fed up with being under the thumb of this population which is destroying us, destroying our country and imposing its acts," the star of 'And God created woman' and 'Contempt' said.

Bardot has previously said France is being invaded by sheep-slaughtering Muslims and published a book attacking gays, immigrants and the unemployed, in which she also lamented the "Islamisation of France".

(Reporting by Thierry Leveque; writing by Francois Murphy, editing by Mary Gabriel)
    I don't know much about her views, but good for her for at least speaking out..

Last Online
    Sunday, April 15th, 2012 @ 10:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bayern, Baden, Schwaben, Württemberg
    Country
    German Empire German Empire
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Deutsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Seems the women have more balls than the men in the entertainment industry now days.its Good that she is speaking out, shows shes someone of substance, character, and in my opinion a REAL PATRIOT.

My god was she beautiful.
    "Sei, was Du willst, aber was Du bist, habe den Mut ganz zu sein."
    (Albert Leo Schlageter)

"Deutsche Einigkeit, meine Stärke - meine Stärke, Deutschlands Macht" (Hermann)

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 @ 08:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian/Ruthenian
    Subrace
    Pontid/North Pontid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Politics
    Eurocentric Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

Prosecutors asked that the Paris court hand the 73-year-old former sex symbol a two-month suspended prison sentence and fine her 15,000 euros ($23,760) for saying the Muslim community was "destroying our country and imposing its acts".
    What's wrong with European countries today?! The French government is prosecuting a 73-year-old woman who is one of the most well-known actresses in that nation's history. She's a French national treasure, and they're persecuting her, and for what? For saying that Muslims are destroying France? Gee, were they not paying attention to the Muslim riots in 2005? Of course, even if they missed those riots, there were also the hundreds of other riots that have occurred there since then.

Muslims are running wild, burning several French cities! Nope, no problem there-- "c'est la vie!" But a celebrated French actress mentions that those rioters running through the street, praising Allah as they smash windows and burn cars, may not be a good thing for French society? ARREST HER! :

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    Good that she is speaking out, shows shes someone of substance, character, and in my opinion a REAL PATRIOT.

Brigitte Bardot, the French ex beauty/actress, is just speaking the truth and telling the French like it is. She's already been fined four other times for advocating "hate speech".

In a scathing book about French society today, she says:

1. The muslims must leave France
    2. Interracial marriage is wrong
    3. Homos are wierdo circus freaks
    4. People today are liberal slobs/no class

Sounds like my kind of woman. Of course, France having some of the most extreme mind control laws in the world, has fined her 4 times already. I'm surprised they haven't brought out the guillotine again to stop her ranting!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    My god was she beautiful.
    Agreed!

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siđr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    She is totally right in what she says. French people should be proud to have such a famous person in their row speaking out the truth.

I´m not worried about what she said, but worried about what ageing made with her. Sad that people grow old...at least I´m young right now. Someone should stop the ageing-process for whole mankind! :

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson