View Poll Results: Should foreigners be allowed in national sport teams?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

32 86.49%
  • Only when there familly is in the country for a few generations.

5 13.51%
  • i dont care.

0 0%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Foreigners Be Allowed in National Sport Teams?

Last Online
    Thursday, January 26th, 2006 @ 03:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The only reason that serious intimidation of black players ended was because of police/legal intervention and state repression. If you removed that, the banana throwing and the racist chants would start again. I remember being at a game once where the whole side of one ground, maybe five thousand people, stood and gave Nazi salutes for most of the match. As soon as the first black player touched the ball, the ground erupted into monkey noises and missile throwing. In the late 70s and through to the mid 80s, that was the norm almost everywhere in the UK.

Those were The days huh? I thought that most english footballsupporters were multicultural lunatics considering all the dark players in most premier leauge teams but maybee people who watch football in England aren't necceserily so fond of the dark players then? But still I can't see how one could cheer for such a team as Arsenal for example, a team that seems to consist of 75%+ negroes.

Last Online
    Saturday, January 28th, 2006 @ 09:32 PM
    Taxidermist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehnskiöld
    Those were The days huh? I thought that most english footballsupporters were multicultural lunatics considering all the dark players in most premier leauge teams but maybee people who watch football in England aren't necceserily so fond of the dark players then? But still I can't see how one could cheer for such a team as Arsenal for example, a team that seems to consist of 75%+ negroes.
    I think you misunderstand the nature of what it means to support a team in England. Players are bought and sold by chairman on the advice of the managers and the coaching staff. Their sole criteria is success on the pitch and financial success off it. No other considerations are made.

The fans meanwhile show loyalty to the club by following it through thick and thin, good times and bad. The players, the chairman, the managers come and they go but the club belongs to the local community and it's supporters. Or did until recently at least. These communities are still largely and overwhelmingly white and reflect the social attitudes of those communities. Of course, a lot of clubs have seen the demographics of their supporters change in the last ten years. Millwall had virtually no 'middle class' fans a decade ago. They simply wouldn't have been made to feel very welcome. In addition, a lot of the traditional working class supporters cannot afford the cost of a ticket anymore or, like myself, have simply stopped going because the atmosphere has changed for the worst. It simply has become too tame and boring for people like us, who grew up hurling abuse at referees and attacking rival fans on the way from the local railway station.

Football for us was a way of demonstrating pride in ourselves and in our communities. It was also about displaying our masculinity and enjoying the comradeship that comes from going to another town/city and not running when we were attacked by the locals. You have to remember that life used to be very tough here. People were very poor when I was a kid and British society was very insular and territorial. I discovered that when I got attacked by Everton fans at a service station when I was 14 and had my teeth knocked out by guys twice my age. And all because they heard my cockney accent. Actually, it used to be like that in Sweden in the 70s. An Irish guy told me that even in Stockholm the local police would beat up people for looking 'foreign'. And local youth would go looking for Finnish immigrants to fight with.

But please don't think for one minute that because a team has black players that somehow that reflects the social attitudes of the supporters. Does the fact that Sweden has a black ice hockey player on its national team mean that all Swedes have lovingly embraced multi-culturalism? Does the fact that the current Miss Finland is black mean that all Finns love black people and want to be colonised by Africans? I don't think so, do you?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 03:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuddorsped
    Does the fact that the current Miss Finland is black mean that all Finns love black people and want to be colonised by Africans? I don't think so, do you?
    Otherwise a great post, Tuddorsped, but this is in fact not true. There was a mulata Miss Finland in the late 90's, but the current one is a White Finnish girl.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 26th, 2006 @ 03:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    But please don't think for one minute that because a team has black players that somehow that reflects the social attitudes of the supporters. Does the fact that Sweden has a black ice hockey player on its national team mean that all Swedes have lovingly embraced multi-culturalism? Does the fact that the current Miss Finland is black mean that all Finns love black people and want to be colonised by Africans? I don't think so, do you?
    A very insightfull post tuddorspeed. I don't think that all fotbollsupporters in any country are all multiculturalists, I rather meant it seems like the numbers of the indoctrinated supporters have increased, judging from "anti racist" campaigns by supporters and clubs, celebration of dark players and so on. I myself feel it's getting increasingly difficult to cheer for my team when more and more south americans and africans are being brought into the team.

Last Online
    Saturday, January 28th, 2006 @ 09:32 PM
    Taxidermist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehnskiöld
    A very insightfull post tuddorspeed. I don't think that all fotbollsupporters in any country are all multiculturalists, I rather meant it seems like the numbers of the indoctrinated supporters have increased, judging from "anti racist" campaigns by supporters and clubs, celebration of dark players and so on. I myself feel it's getting increasingly difficult to cheer for my team when more and more south americans and africans are being brought into the team.
    Cheers.

The reason that the 'multi-culti' supporters have increased is purely because there are more comfortable middle class liberal types who have decided to join the populist bandwagon and follow football instead of rugby or cricket, which were their traditional forms of sporting entertainment. These people are more dangerous than any immigrants with their half-baked theories on 'integration' and 'diversity'. And they, for the most part, being the hypocritical idiots that they are, live far away from any non-white areas. But yes, they have hijacked OUR game, along with the corporate interests who own the clubs and satellite tv stations. Africans on the pitch are a mere symptom of the problem. They'll go back home as soon as people stop dangling huge wage increases in front of them and patronising them by buying shirts with their names on.

But make no mistake, the British state definitely targeted English football supporters in the wake of a growing political radicalisation and used events like Heysel and Hillsborough (which were the products of bad security and incompetent policing) to crack down on fans. I remember the televised scenes in Belgrade in '87 where the ENTIRE English away support stood and gave fascist salutes to the national anthem. The authorities back home were furious and decided to crackdown on it.

I've always admired the Argentinian and Italian 'ultras', very well organised and extremely militant. Even to the point that some of their appointed representatives consult with the club owners on matters such as which players will be signed and who can manage the team. They are like a Mafia and can literally destroy a club financially by going on strike and refusing to attend matches. They also use violence and intimidation to convince other supporters to adhere to their rules. Very clever. The Fascia or 'bundle of sticks' philosophy is a very positive Latin characteristic. United we stand, divided we fall. Too true.

4:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, February 9th, 2007 @ 08:32 PM
    Agnostic Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In Italy most of the fan clubs (the clubs from the stands) are political. The most famoust right winged fans are the IRRIDUCIBILI (Lazio Rome).

Others:
    Inter Milano (Boys, Irriducibili,Viking..)
    Hellas Verona (Hellas Army, Brigata,..)
    Varese (Blood and Honour,..)
    Triest (Ultras Trieste)

From the "other" side:
    AC Milano (Fossa dei Leoni, Brigata rossonero,..)
    Fiorentina (Colletiva Autonomo,..)
    Atalanta (Boys,..)
    Die Intellektuellen von heute versuchen, den Nationalismus als eine Sünde gegen die Menschlichkeit zu brandmarken. Sie versuchen, uns glauben zu machen, daß dem Wort Nationalismus eine Infamie anhängt. Aber sie verkennen, daß der Geist des Nationalismus aus der schöpferischen Tiefe der menschlichen Seele stammt. Daß er aufsteigt von dort als das gewaltige Verlangen der Menschen, frei zu sein, frei von fremder Herrschaft, und sich nach eigener Art selber zu regieren! Herbert Hoover

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 25th, 2006 @ 02:11 PM
    Country
    United States United States
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    To solve the that problem I got interested in racing. It seems like the Italians are great in MotoGP, the scandinavians and Baltics are good in WRC, all types of whites run in America's NASCAR, and there is plenty for all europeans to be proud of in F1 (especially Germans and Finns, and the Spanish this year).

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, February 9th, 2007 @ 08:32 PM
    Agnostic Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    They had differnt kinds of "Gentlemen agreement" the last years and at least no one cares...
    Die Intellektuellen von heute versuchen, den Nationalismus als eine Sünde gegen die Menschlichkeit zu brandmarken. Sie versuchen, uns glauben zu machen, daß dem Wort Nationalismus eine Infamie anhängt. Aber sie verkennen, daß der Geist des Nationalismus aus der schöpferischen Tiefe der menschlichen Seele stammt. Daß er aufsteigt von dort als das gewaltige Verlangen der Menschen, frei zu sein, frei von fremder Herrschaft, und sich nach eigener Art selber zu regieren! Herbert Hoover

Last Online
    Sunday, January 15th, 2006 @ 06:03 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    My team, Club Brugge, has 29 coreplayers. Among them are 2 negroes and 2 halfbloods (a brazilian player, the typical misterymeat you'll find there, and a congoid-Flemish mongrel). The halfbloods almost never play in the main team, unless a lot of better players are injured. The rest of the players are white, from all over Europe. It is the most white team in the league here. Half the players are white belgians, (12 Flemish and 3 Walloons), there are 3 Croatians, a Norwegian, a Slovakian and several other etnicities I can't be arsed to look up right now.

Last year, the team on the field was almost always pure white. This year, one of the negoes seems to have made it in the first team alas. A nigerian creature named Manase Ishiaku.
    "Nietzsche is dead"
    -God

"But once you are done complaining, whining and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of our one other Great Canadian Freedom ... the right to leave."
    -Mayor Paul Dulmage of Carleton Place

Last Online
    Monday, May 3rd, 2010 @ 07:45 PM
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I won't support my country at Germany 2006 World Cup

I don't really feel like supporting the Italian national team in the next World Cup and for various reasons:

- Like others Northern Italians i don't think the Italian nation represents me more than an hypothetical European team.
    80-90% of the players are Southern Italians or have Southern origins, there's even one mestizo, why should i feel any commitment to them?

- The pathetic propaganda spreaded by the media in such occasions is so full of rethoric and blindfold partisanery that makes me puke, Italy always plays better than others, there are always fouls against us etc..i reject this whiny approach, football is for men not for ballerinas

- The recent football scandal here in Italy showed once again that what the common people usually think about corruption at any level is often the naked truth (vox populi, vox dei), everybody was thinking that Juventus and Milan created a football mafia that controlled everything in Italy, from referees to federation ca$h, etc...no wonder that they always get their a**es kicked when they play vs other european teams in Champions League.
    It's a shame that people like Lippi, Buffon, Cannavaro still retain their chance to be at the world cup, in a normal country they would be kicked out of the team any day..

So that bunch of pretentious idiots that wear a blue shirt can go to hell, i'll go for Serbia/Montenegro this time

"E tutti si scandalizzano quando sentono dire: quel tale tipo di mammifero o di uccello ormai è sparito dalla faccia della terra, non lo vedremo più; è una grave perdita. Certo, si tratta di gravissime perdite.
    Ma non sarebbe forse più grave se sparisse una comunità umana?? --Bruno Salvadori

Seven pictures of northern European males and seven pictures of northern African males were presented randomly via a computer screen to 82 Italian female undergraduates of the University of Padua, Italy.
    Each picture depicted a full frontal face with a neutral facial expression. Participants were asked to classify each picture as either northern Italian or southern Italian.
    On average, the seven pictures depicting northern Europeans were classified as northern Italians 81% of the time. The seven pictures depicting northern Africans were classified as southern Italians 83%
    of the time.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast