Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64

Thread: Nazi Hunting and Judging Elderly for Crimes

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 27th, 2008 @ 01:54 AM
    Age
    56
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drim View Post
    When the people are still mentally fit they should get a punishment as for most SS officers and so on that still live now they are to old to put in a prison now.
    With other dictators the same look if they are mentally fit and if they are give them a punishment you cant punish a old man that doesnt know anything anymore and is waiting to die.
    Um, how would you determine a person's guilt under such circumstances? So they served in a unit of the Waffen SS during the war then all of a sudden they're guilty of single handedly killing tens of thousands of people. Wow! That's
    impressive. So your idea of serving justice is to hound these people because it's politically correct to do so, while lauding the mass killers on the allied side for "liberating" Europe from the nasty Nazis? With that kind of "politically correct" mentality it's small wonder that the US can invade countries at will and slaughter innocent people in the process, and fork out billions of dollars of aid to their superior Israel to undertake ethnic cleansing.

    After the war it has been documented, by US congessional investigators, that torture was quite often applied to obtain "confessions" for dubious charges. But that's a politically incorrect topic so that makes me one of the bad guys.

    Anyway, to each their own. To me, your sense of justice is a perversity, but in todays age of "enlightenment" and "compassion" I suppose it's perfectly acceptable amongst liberal heros of the local coffee shop. You can dispense justice quite freely between the puffs of pot.

    Peace man! Hope you save the world!

  2. #22
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Ossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    East German
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Location
    Berlin
    Gender
    Age
    43
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    National
    Religion
    None
    Posts
    670
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Btw, here's a funny thing, a Nuremberg prosecutor thought Bush should stand trial too:

    A chief prosecutor of Nazi war crimes at Nuremberg has said George W. Bush should be tried for war crimes along with Saddam Hussein. Benjamin Ferenccz, who secured convictions for 22 Nazi officers for their work in orchestrating the death squads that killed more than 1 million people, told OneWorld both Bush and Saddam should be tried for starting "aggressive" wars--Saddam for his 1990 attack on Kuwait and Bush for his 2003 invasion of Iraq.

    ---

    Which wars should be prosecuted? "Every war will lead to attacks on civilians," he said. "Crimes against humanity, destruction beyond the needs of military necessity, rape of civilians, plunder--that always happens in wartime. So my answer personally, after working for 60 years on this problem and [as someone] who hates to see all these young people get killed no matter what their nationality, is that you've got to stop using warfare as a means of settling your disputes."


    Artikel

  3. #23
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Gender
    Family
    Married
    Posts
    4,095
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    17
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    How's that? Surely people noticed Dresden had been destroyed. Even people in the West must have known. I remember reading books (fiction)written for 12-14 year olds that included the horrors of Dresden as a backdrop. But after the blitz in 1940, I doubt many persons in the West cared about the legal niceties of bombing civilian populations. Criticisms of Allied conduct in WWII began in the late sixties with the counter-culture movement when it became popular with leftists to criticize the US & it policies, pass & current.

    As for the deaths of German civilians as a result of the WWII; I figured that out in junior-high school. My father had a set of encyclopedias from 1951 (which included btw, pictures of bombed out German cities) & doing some simple arithmetic based on pre-war & post-war population figures for Germany & Austria & taking into account expellees from Czecholslovakia, that at least 7-8 million Germans had died during the war. When we were taught in school about WWII, we were taught about "6-million dead Jews" or how Poland lost 30% of it's population, not about German deaths or the expulsion of millions of Germans from eastern Europe or the lost of the eastern provinces of Germany. But the information was there if you were willing to do independent research. I received extra credit for including these facts in my report on WWII, because it showed I had done research on the subject & hadn't simply repeated what was taught in class.



    There is a simple reason why none of the Allies were tried for war crimes. They were on the winning side. No Nazi has ever been tried because he or she committed a crime, but because they were the losers. The victors get to decide what was a war crime & what was justified as a legal action in times of war. Clinton & Bush will never be prosecuted for war crimes unless another country decides to invade the US & take them by force.
    In one sense Dresden was no secret at all. I myself have met people who saw the whole thing from the surrounding hillside. But the murderous details, the waves of bombers used in sequence to purposefully create a fire storm, and the absolute intension to kill, to murder, of thousands civilians was a secret the British and Americans kept for some time. As far as American culture is concerned, the first I ever heard of it was the Kurt Vonnegut novel Slaughterhouse Five and that was mid-1970s as a movie.

    General Curtis LeMay used this same strategy to firebomb large Japanese cities with an equally murderous result. I must have missed Gen. LeMay's trial at Nuremberg or the World Court.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Guntwachar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 11:40 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, England, Scotland & Normandy
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    South Holland South Holland
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Musician
    Politics
    Free-Thinker & Anti-Monarchist
    Religion
    Heiden
    Posts
    681
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonster View Post
    Um, how would you determine a person's guilt under such circumstances? So they served in a unit of the Waffen SS during the war then all of a sudden they're guilty of single handedly killing tens of thousands of people. Wow! That's
    impressive. So your idea of serving justice is to hound these people because it's politically correct to do so, while lauding the mass killers on the allied side for "liberating" Europe from the nasty Nazis? With that kind of "politically correct" mentality it's small wonder that the US can invade countries at will and slaughter innocent people in the process, and fork out billions of dollars of aid to their superior Israel to undertake ethnic cleansing.

    After the war it has been documented, by US congessional investigators, that torture was quite often applied to obtain "confessions" for dubious charges. But that's a politically incorrect topic so that makes me one of the bad guys.

    Anyway, to each their own. To me, your sense of justice is a perversity, but in todays age of "enlightenment" and "compassion" I suppose it's perfectly acceptable amongst liberal heros of the local coffee shop. You can dispense justice quite freely between the puffs of pot.

    Peace man! Hope you save the world!
    Lols at your story but ehm you have alot of fantasy you can make up all things out of that little piece of text that i didnt say and also dont believe, Never said i like the allies i am as anti-america as anti-nazi but for me yeah the SS'ers that killed 300.000 fellow dutchy's can get a punishment only not when they are to old or sick and only if its proven they did something i never said they should get anyone and the americans should be praised i'm also angry americans bombed our cities so please first know something before you say it doesnt make you look so dumb.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 27th, 2008 @ 01:54 AM
    Age
    56
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drim View Post
    Lols at your story but ehm you have alot of fantasy you can make up all things out of that little piece of text that i didnt say and also dont believe, Never said i like the allies i am as anti-america as anti-nazi but for me yeah the SS'ers that killed 300.000 fellow dutchy's can get a punishment only not when they are to old or sick and only if its proven they did something i never said they should get anyone and the americans should be praised i'm also angry americans bombed our cities so please first know something before you say it doesnt make you look so dumb.
    Hello Mr Drim. Nice of you to reply. Okay! I'm dumb and I'm living in a fantasy world. So, I look to you to enlighten me, and bring me back to reality.

    You mentioned the SS'ers killed 300 000 of your fellow dutchies. Allright. What is the evidence for that? Or could you point me to some reference where I can look that up. How did the SS'ers kill 300 000 dutchies? What was their method? If you can provide me with such information I would be be grateful. I'm given to understand that quite a significant number of dutchies served in the Waffen SS themselves. Don't worry. Most of them went down in front line fighting, eye to eye with the enemy. They weren't operating your mythical gas chambers or machine gunning helpless dutchies in front of open pits.

    Next you say that I said something that I didn't know. Sorry. I was too busy looking dumb when I said it. I thought I was replying to your earlier post about SS'ers being criminals simply because they were in the SS. Now you've clarified the situation. That's only if they are proven to be guilty. Guilty of what? Front line service against the Bolshies? I thought your earlier post lacked balance as you failed to mention the greater evil committed by the allied "liberators." And we can go on and on about that.

    You don't seem to have much to say about what's happening now. That's what happening now in Iraq and Afghanistan, is a continuation of what happened to the Germans and many East Europeans after the war. Has that ever entered your coffee shop liberal discussions between the reefers?

    Finally have you ever discussed what is really behind US foreign policy? Probably not. Much easier and politically correct to beat up on poor ol' nasty Nazis.

    Yes. I admit I'm dumb for bringing such issues up. But being dumb is preferable to being insane.

    Yours most truly and politically INcorrect.








  6. #26
    Senior Member Guntwachar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 11:40 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, England, Scotland & Normandy
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    South Holland South Holland
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Musician
    Politics
    Free-Thinker & Anti-Monarchist
    Religion
    Heiden
    Posts
    681
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonster View Post
    Hello Mr Drim. Nice of you to reply. Okay! I'm dumb and I'm living in a fantasy world. So, I look to you to enlighten me, and bring me back to reality.

    You mentioned the SS'ers killed 300 000 of your fellow dutchies. Allright. What is the evidence for that? Or could you point me to some reference where I can look that up. How did the SS'ers kill 300 000 dutchies? What was their method? If you can provide me with such information I would be be grateful. I'm given to understand that quite a significant number of dutchies served in the Waffen SS themselves. Don't worry. Most of them went down in front line fighting, eye to eye with the enemy. They weren't operating your mythical gas chambers or machine gunning helpless dutchies in front of open pits.

    Next you say that I said something that I didn't know. Sorry. I was too busy looking dumb when I said it. I thought I was replying to your earlier post about SS'ers being criminals simply because they were in the SS. Now you've clarified the situation. That's only if they are proven to be guilty. Guilty of what? Front line service against the Bolshies? I thought your earlier post lacked balance as you failed to mention the greater evil committed by the allied "liberators." And we can go on and on about that.

    You don't seem to have much to say about what's happening now. That's what happening now in Iraq and Afghanistan, is a continuation of what happened to the Germans and many East Europeans after the war. Has that ever entered your coffee shop liberal discussions between the reefers?

    Finally have you ever discussed what is really behind US foreign policy? Probably not. Much easier and politically correct to beat up on poor ol' nasty Nazis.

    Yes. I admit I'm dumb for bringing such issues up. But being dumb is preferable to being insane.

    Yours most truly and politically INcorrect.







    Well no your not realy dumb but you start about things that i never said, you dont wanna know how much i hate these wars from now and how anti allies/america i am.
    It seems that i am only just one of the few here that doesnt realy like NS or Hitler or the third reich, i didnt say every SS'er need a punishment and i also know quite some dutchy's fought for Hitler in the SS and also alot of dutch people worked for germany at that time.
    And yeah i didnt mention that i actually think the Soviets were the real bastards in the WW2 as they took some more dutchy's as prisoner then Germany ever did, so lets not have a fight because about most things you say the same as what i think, not all SS'ers were criminals not more then the allies or soviets i know most people just joined the army because they wanted to help there country.
    About the SS'ers then that i think deserve a punishment i'm more talking about leading figures then not ever nazi/ss'er has to go down for it some maybe never killed a person so, so i mean more like the ones that actually commanded other soldiers to kill innocent dutch people as my grandma saw how all her neighbours got killed in front of her because some of them didnt want German soldiers to eat there food those things let me think that the commanders of those acts should get a punishment but only when the person is fit enough to go to court/jail.

  7. #27
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Siebenbürgerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Location
    Hermannstadt
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    2,736
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    216
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    414
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Excuse me gibsonster and the People arguing but could you please stop attacking each other and just discuss the Arguments like mature Persons? I don't want my Theme to turn dramatic. I am really interested in the Subject of Nazi Hunting and Judging Elderly for Crimes, not in seeing People call each other dumb, thank you. Please stop flaming because I don't want this Theme to be closed because of you.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Guntwachar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 11:40 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, England, Scotland & Normandy
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    South Holland South Holland
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Musician
    Politics
    Free-Thinker & Anti-Monarchist
    Religion
    Heiden
    Posts
    681
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    Excuse me gibsonster and the People arguing but could you please stop attacking each other and just discuss the Arguments like mature Persons? I don't want my Theme to turn dramatic. I am really interested in the Subject of Nazi Hunting and Judging Elderly for Crimes, not in seeing People call each other dumb, thank you. Please stop flaming because I don't want this Theme to be closed because of you.
    yeah i know thats why i changed it, sorry for that got a bit mad because someone said things that i never said or thought whont happen again

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 27th, 2008 @ 01:54 AM
    Age
    56
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    Excuse me gibsonster and the People arguing but could you please stop attacking each other and just discuss the Arguments like mature Persons? I don't want my Theme to turn dramatic. I am really interested in the Subject of Nazi Hunting and Judging Elderly for Crimes, not in seeing People call each other dumb, thank you. Please stop flaming because I don't want this Theme to be closed because of you.

    And I am sticking to the theme. I'm not one name-calling or calling anyone dumb nor am I issuing death sentences to anyone.

    Um...sorry. Is this thread for free dicussion, or are there political guidelines here? Please consult your local soviet.:

  10. #30
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Siebenbürgerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Location
    Hermannstadt
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    2,736
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    216
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    414
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonster View Post
    And I am sticking to the theme. I'm not one name-calling or calling anyone dumb nor am I issuing death sentences to anyone.

    Um...sorry. Is this thread for free dicussion, or are there political guidelines here? Please consult your local soviet.:
    I said gibsonster and the People arguing and I'm not talking about political Guidelines, I'm talking about being less flaming and aggressive towards the People who disagree with you. You can still make your Point without being verbally violent. Why are you being rude to me now? I have not issued Death Sentences to anyone. There are no local Soviets in Transylvania, the Communist Regime ended in 1989.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Thursday, November 16th, 2017, 02:38 PM
  2. How Do You Feel About Hunting?
    By Astrid Runa in forum Sports, Leisure & Hobbies
    Replies: 433
    Last Post: Thursday, August 18th, 2016, 09:49 AM
  3. Researchers Urge UN to Open Vault on "Nazi War Crimes" Cases
    By Verðandi in forum Modern Age & Contemporary History
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Friday, March 9th, 2012, 03:05 AM
  4. Should I Get Into Bow Hunting?
    By Azdaja in forum Self-Defense & the Art of War
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Saturday, August 16th, 2003, 09:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •