Logic
    Religion
    Perfectionism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"Why Do I Look Southern European/Arab?"

I found this quotations about people and their phenotypes and its interesting to read other views about themselves but not through classifications.

Why do i look southern european/arab? :S?
    i look very southern european/arab even though, as far as i know, i'm 100% northern european. my parents look very anglo (blonde hair, blue eyes, etc), so why do i look like this?
    all my features are dark! dark hair, dark eyes, dark skin.. i really don't understand why people always ask if i'm lebanese or greek.
    i've seen a photo of my great grandmother, and she looks like this too. but she's from the north of germany..

this is so confuesing, can anyone explain?

Maybe your ancestors were originally pure-blooded Arabs.

Are you alarmed or worried?

Don't be!

The Greeks and the Arabs are wonderful people.
    And I assume you're very good-looking
    It is genetics. When you were concieved a set of dominate genes determined your appearance. If you had not looked like your great grandmother you may have looked like any other past relative whose genes had happened to be dominate.
    You may also become the parent to children that do not look like you. My brother and sister are dark haired with dark brown hair but have facial features of my father. I was a blond blue eyed child with the facial features of my Italian grandmother. My very southern Italian grandfather had a cousin with green eyes and red hair.
    Germany has been a melting pot of ethnicities for a very long time. You might look into your family history. Do you have ancestors from southern Europe, like Spain. The Arabs held Spain for a long time before it became "Spanish." Go back even farther, the Roman Empire covered most of the continent. Its people moved around a lot. If you walked through Rome during this time it was not uncommon to hear many different languages spoken
    This citations is interesting.

Don't let anyone tell you that two blue eyed people cannot have a brown eyed child. Blue eyed people can carry a recessive brown eyed gene which is very weak and when you combine the 2 weak genes from both parents, they can produce blue eyed children. A brown eyed person can have very strong recessive blue eyed genes.

This came from a brother of a friend of mine who had a PHD in genetics and had been on the staff at Texas A & M. Briles was his name.

Source: I didn't made this up myself. Sorry if anyone feel offended, I feel its interesting that all.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7042904AAxylnk
    Jeg er over gjennomsnittet bitter, og liker stort sett ingen andre enn meg selv

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 09:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Features from several generations ago can pop up in the current generation, it happens a lot. We also don't know what her other grandparents and great grandparents were like phenotypically, or what her parents' siblings (if any) looked like. Let's say for instance her mother and father were both the sole blond(e)s of predominantly brunet(te) families. She would have a predominance of the darker genotype, even if her parents had the blond phenotype. People seem to think genetics is supposed to create a homogenized blend of their parents' phenotype, like creating a composite image from different faces. It doesn't work that way. I have my mother's mouth, my grandmother's nose, my grandfather's forehead, my father's cheekbones, etc.

If someone from North Germany looks identical to a stereotypical Arab or Greek, I'd suggest they were likely of Jewish or Romani ancestry. But I think this is probably an exaggeration. Her great-grandmother was probably just a German Mediterranid or Dinarid type (not Semitic-looking) dark haired, and darker-skinned enough to contrast with her 'lily white' Anglo-type parents.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, December 4th, 2009 @ 12:38 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    These exotic types seem to be associated(recently found) with Meso/Neolithic inputs in the gene pool by early agriculturalists that came from North Africa and the Middle East. Countries like Italy, Germany and to some extent the Iberia peninsula seem to have it.

We have to bare in mind too that the Megalithic culture wich came from the Middle East is important and very extensive, covering a lot of European seashores.

Attached Images Attached Images