View Poll Results: What are your favorite (meta-)ethnicities? (Don't choose your own.)

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltics

17 19.32%
  • Celtics

37 42.05%
  • Fenno-Ugrians

15 17.05%
  • Germanics

34 38.64%
  • Greeks

10 11.36%
  • Latins

18 20.45%
  • Slavs

19 21.59%
  • Other (please elaborate)

3 3.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Favorite (Meta-)Ethnicities?

Freethinker "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 25th, 2019 @ 04:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Reason, Freedom, Justice
    Religion
    Truth, Greatness, Beauty
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Cool What Are Your Favorite (Meta-)Ethnicities?

What are your favorite (meta-)ethnicities?

Please don't vote for your own.

I'm Germanic, and come along very well with Celts and Fenno-Ugrians (including Finns, Estonians, and Hungarians.)

I'm acquainted with a lot of such persons both online and in real life, and some of them I consider close friends. Typcially, I come along with them very well. I never had negative experiences with them (to any degree that would surpass negative experiences I had with Germanics.)

I wish I could say the same about Slavs and Latins, but that would not be true. The best experiences I had with Croats, Serbs, Bulgarians, and (some) Poles, as well as Italians and Frenchmen.

In general, however, their soul, culture and behavior seems to differ more from what I'm comfortable with and am accustomed to. That applies in particular to Russians.

I haven't got enough experience with Balts to arrive to a fair judgment, but the few I know I like. I was closer acquainted with one Greek in my life, and although he was a very relaxed guy with knowledge of savoir vivre, I still didn't feel entirely comfortable.

So, after all, Celts and Fenno-Ugrians have my vote.
    This is a placeholder for a signature.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 8th, 2005 @ 03:45 PM
    Subrace
    Cro-Magnid/Dinarid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Politics
    Conservative Christian
    Religion
    Uniate, Greek-Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: What are your favorite (meta-)ethnicities?

Personally, I am Romanian, so Latin and of an Alpine subrace but the best friendship experiences I had with Germans, Czechs, Hungarians, Swiss and Austrians and Poles.

Easy contact was possible, in my experience, with Italians, Greeks and Portuguese, but it ended as quickly as it started.

Difficult or quite impossible friendship experiences, I had unfortunately with French and English persons.

Americans, Swedes, Spaniards and Irish, even if very different were too short to get an idea.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I am part Germanic and the other half is Latin, and come along very well with Celts, Fenno-Ugrians(Hungarians,I hadn't the pleasure to meet in any circumstance the other branches) and Illyro-Slavs (Slovenians, Croats and Serbs as well Montenegrins), alas, the experience with the Russians has been surfeit by mutual hatred and rancour because of personal issues, although the bond with the Ukrains has been refreshingly improved.

I'm not acquainted with a lot of such persons both online and in real life, foremost our acquaintances happen to be limited to the Internet and some of them I regard as close, and why not!, intimate friends, new family. Notwithstanding my flashes of irritation/displeasure and thoughtless rants , I come along with them beautifully, yes, as always, my charm and compassionate nature wins their heart and soul... I had a few negative experiences with them (to any degree that would surpass negative experiences I had with Germanics), the Irish women get easyly unsettled if you criticize their people and country and Hungarian women are incredible open, cheerful and sexy but sadly enough they dont make that much a reliable partner....

Some happy experiences I shared with Italians(though I dont consider Padanians as "Italians") and Frenchmen, maybe I understand their soul, culture and conduct better than anyone else here due to my unique heritage.
    The bad name Italians get abroad and not least of all the USA comes from Sards, Sicilians, Campanians and Calabrezzians, not many Italian both North and South consider these gents as Italian or even European....
    Hm, well, my Italian half comes from Puglia, more exactly the city of Brindisi and they have a more laconic, cooler inclination and are less prone to behave like a *fanfarone*.
    Still, fine manners and a reverrent character are common to the Pugliesi.

I haven't any valuable experience with Balts, Czechs, Albanians,etc... to pass a fair judgment.
    I knew two Greeks, one learned surreptitiously and like the best Irish story-teller with lots of exagerration and dry wit all bad things about Turks and Muslims.
    Still one of my best friends on the Internet is both.

However, despite trying to live as a boulevardier and bon-vivant, I am very much an Einzelgaenger and love to be on my own and feel pushed aside in a greater conglomeration where I cant flourish open and feel comfortable, however closely knitted bonds of individuals from whatever extraction(gender, race, ethnic, religion, political faction) will do fine to me as long their upright and considerate people.

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Although I voted for the Celts from Europe, I'd like to point out that people at Skadi are totally the same as usual people from my home town.

Some are more or less educated, more or less neurotic, more or less witty, but nothing new I've seen here that I couldn't have seen on my friends, enemies, acquaintances in my most immediate neighbourhood.

On average, the people who are most to my liking, and most along the lines of what I'd call 'complete persons' are either Celtic, Latin, Greek or Slavic, with exceptions from Germanic stock.

Most Americans I've seen, regardless of meta-ethnicity, race or phenotype I lump in the same group... of course, with some notable positive exceptions.

Last Online
    Saturday, January 13th, 2007 @ 08:38 AM
    Subrace
    Intermarine (Arya)
    Country
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am both blessed and cursed to live in a multi-cult society, it has given me an opportunity to meet many people from the four corners of the globe.

I cannot vote on this poll as it would be unfair. I have met people from almost every nationality/ethnicity, but I cannot say that I have had only pleasant experiences with group A and negative ones with group B, every group has their fair share of assholes, and I have had the displeasure of meeting some of them.

As for online friendships/feuds...well I don't take them too seriously, although making some friends along the way can't be that bad. I have never actually met anybody in real life that I have met and befriended online, then again I have only been a forumaholic for a few months.

I work as a self-employed tradesman and have daily experiences with people and money, thus I am able to see and meet people when they are most vulnerable (when paying, or witholding payment). This is usually a good measuring stick as to who really is of noble character. Surprisingly, I must say that as cheap as Jews are and as much of a struggle as it is to get money from them, they almost always pay as agreed. That is not something that I can say for a lot of 'white' people. In fact some of my worst experiences have been with fellow Slavs and Germanics. I particularily enjoy working for Italians, as they are usually very reliable and down-to-earth.

These are just some of my personal experiences, and they mean absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by bocian; Thursday, April 8th, 2004 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Anarch
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 @ 08:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Politics
    Tradition/revolution
    Religion
    Gnostic traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The Finns are the most wonderful people on earth: quiet, tough, proud, no-nonsense realist. They carry knives and drink heavily and profess to think that all Swedes are homosexuals.

You are not wrong, who deem / That my days have been a dream Johannes de León's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 15th, 2012 @ 11:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Baskid
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

well, i've picked Celtics, Germanics, Latins and Slavs....

Baltics: i don't have any (?) experience with them... so...
    Celtics: well, here are the ones i know better, i just love them...
    Fenno-Ugrians: they are great, but didn't deserve my vote
    Germanics: i know some germanic people both in real life and internet... it's hard to start a good conversation, they are very "cold", metaphorically speaking... but after that, they are really good persons
    Greeks: perhaps i had a bad experience when i went to Greece, they aren't as sympathetic as i supposed...
    Latins: i suppose that this latins are not south american "latins"... i like them, also, most of my country mates are latins, and portuguese people are almost in every way very simpathetic, a warm people, of course there are exceptions, as in every country...
    Slavs: good people, the ones i've met over the internet are very good people, although, there are lot's of slavs in my country now... and most of them are as dumb as a rock... so, this vote is only related to internet!

btw, sorry, i really had to pick Celtics, i know, it's my meta-ethnicitie, but it is really my favourite!

Last Online
    Subrace
    Intermarine (Arya)
    Country
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes de León
    Slavs: good people, the ones i've met over the internet are very good people, although, there are lot's of slavs in my country now... and most of them are as dumb as a rock... so, this vote is only related to internet!
    So all the Slavs in the real world are dumb as rock?

Which Slavs in particular?

By your country, you mean Portugal?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes de León

Yeah, are you living in Portugal? It is interesting what you say about there being so many Slavs there....

As far as the internet Slavs are concerned: I have had a few more unfortunate experiences with [some of] them.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Intermarine (Arya)
    Country
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loki

As far as the internet Slavs are concerned: I have had a few more unfortunate experiences with [some of] them.
    How about real life Slavs?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast