Pierre Eugene du Simitiere, a Swiss Frenchman, designed the original American arms to be inclusive of six realms (England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Hanover) under the Crown, although not those of Scandinavia nor of Habsburg Spain that were held together by personal union and already had establishments in the Arctic and in the tropics. Jefferson intended on a design featuring merely Hengist and Horsa leading the Jutes into Kent and/or Anglo-Saxons generally into Britain, so there was a struggle between the two extremes of what type of Germanic identity was to be touted in the national objectives throughout 13 States. If this spectrum of standards was adhered to, it would be a very flexible approach to reconciling the basic diversity inherent in the mostly English, partly Irish (Maryland) and somewhat "British" (i.e. Anglo-Scottish, Georgia) colonies upon which our society is based.

The best way to hone in on Anglocentrism is to be entirely welcoming of fellow Ingvaeonic folks, such as Jutlanders, Saxons and Frisians, or more tangentially Danes, Germans and Netherlanders. I suggest that our fellow American Germanics from Scandinavia, Irminonic Teutons and Istvaeonic Franks all identify with Danish Jutes, German Saxons and Dutch Frisians, in order to properly assimilate within Anglo-America, the same as if they had lived in Britain or the Dominions--our chief eccentricity being a political lineage of Cromwellian origin.

It's very easy as one of direct British English blood to identify as a Scandinavian Danish Jute, since the Danelaw is where my clan contributed in the making of pre-1066 Englishness. This sense of identitarianism is shared by those of Northumbria, Mercia and Wessex before 1016 when Sweyn Forkbeard led my folk to glory in all of England and not just York, Lincoln and/or East Anglia.

There's no way I cannot be English generally and Danish specifically, or vice versa. Inasmuch that our Danelaw was/is one of the four major constituents from whence England was made, so too was/is our blood and soil part of Denmark despite paying taxes to London rather than Copenhagen. This two-way street exists for the Angles of Northumbria and Mercia as well as the Saxons of Wessex, primarily with the Frisians and Plattdeutsch in the Netherlands and Germany, but with all Franks and Teutons secondarily.

I'm accepting the premise by Dr Fischer that New England and the Northeast has a demographic basis in the Danelaw and thankfully, it matches my recent English heritage from Britain. Let's say that sense of tradition has a basis in the Danes on one hand, so Virginia and the South have one in the Saxons, although both have equal claim to the English mantle. The only really different subcultures of colonial America were Maryland and Georgia; it is true that the Irish capital has a "Danish" origin and the Scottish capital is "Saxon", at least by contrast, so Maryland fits in the Northeast and Georgia in the South, with appropriate regions for Irish and Scottish families. All, of course, are part of the Anglosphere.