Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do We Preserve Our Germanic Heritage?

Last Online
    Thursday, October 8th, 2009 @ 11:09 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm still fairly young so I am still learning about European history and trying to uncover my ancestry, which I have found hard due to bad records and rumours.

When I get old enough I hope to have a decent amount of kids (at least 3, probably 5 or 6). I hope to raise the boys to be proper, traditional men, and the girls into proper women. I hope to teach them everything required for European Preservation, while keeping them away from the Skinheads and Militant types and taking them down the more effective road of intellectuals and business.

Depending on what I uncover of my ancestry, I would like to move to a European country where I have a "connection", ancestry-wise.

I hope to amass a string of businesses and companies so I can pass them on and they can build upon it until; maybe, one day, someone can start buying media companies (0000.
    Perfection.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. - Ambrose Bierce

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Finish my education. Then get a job and start a family, buy a ranch in the country or some house in a nice suburban area. If I had children I would educate them but I would not force my views on them. My goal is just to make them successful members of society.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm no Germanic but our goals are the same. I'm here and out there working on sharing my views with friends both Germanic and non-Germanic about the reality of this situation we are all in .. and education in Political Sciences is part of my long term goals to assist in the preservation of all native races in Europe, and around the globe.. This is my calling, God willing.. Starting a family and living a clean and honourable lifestyle setting a good example to those looking in from the outside. I'm just a small contribution, though, and there are far better men and women out there doing much more than me. But I'll do whatever is in my power.. And do whatever is asked of me in the future..

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 07:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon & Swedish
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I've often thought about this topic - I've wondered what people are doing to preserve our heritage, and what they realistically plan to do in the future.

I'm almost 22, and just starting out my career in the business world. I work for a prestigious firm, and should I be able to handle the pace and level of work there, I will be able to earn an "above average" salary. Financial security is important if you wish to marry and raise a family. But even well-off people complain that they cannot afford to raise children, even when both parents are earning a lot. I'm sure most of you know people like this - they typically have the newest and best of everything - a big house, new car, maybe a boat, new gadgets, holidays every year etc. I've realised that it is unrealistic to expect to be able to have the best lifestyle while also achieving my preservation goals. I've accepted the fact that if I want children, I'll have to make sacrifices in other areas.

So what are my goals? I plan to get married when I am 23 or 24, and start having children when I am 25 (give or take a year or so). Ideally I would like four children, and would aim to raise them to be proper and traditional men and women (as Elysium said). I would raise them to respect and honour our people, our history, our faith, and try to impress on them the importance of avoiding miscegenation.

That's a couple of my main ideas, and quite a long post for me.

Edit: The above of course relies on finding the perfect woman within the next few years. :o

Edit2: Like SOTV, I too keep myself in good physical shape.

Senior Member Soldier of Wodann's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 10:01 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I wanna suicide bomb a mosque.

But seriously, I think everyone else on here has the same general plans (not that thats a bad thing), and I'm no different. I want to finish my education, get a decent job, raise a nice family in some quaint village near Homburg in Saarland, etc. etc. etc.

We are born to fight and to die and to continue the Flow
    The Flow of our People

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Wodann View Post
    I wanna suicide bomb a mosque.

And you don't even need to be suckered into a lie that a false god allah will provide for you virgins for doing such a deed .. well .. unless you serve Odin, in that case, I am certain the Valkyries will have their way with you when you join the Great Feast ...

Disclaimer for big brother: I'm kidding ... relax.

Senior Member SwordOfTheVistula's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    About the same as most of the other male posters here, self improvement (finish grad school) in order to have a good career, learn as much about history as I can, keep myself in good physical shape. Also I study ethnic survival strategies of other successful ethnicities to see what I can learn from them, particularly the jews and japanese.

Also I'm involved in a lot of political activism, I was in NH during my winter break this year working on the Ron Paul campaign, also I've been doing work for Ron Paul in my area, normally I do a lot of activism for anti-immigration and nationalist groups.

Also I network as much as I can with other patriots, especially other WN young professionals like myself, people who 5 years down the road are going to be lawyers, professors, business managers, etc; or perhaps already are.
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Last Online
    Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This is kind of a sensitive subject for me. It might just be because it's senior year and I get asked what I'm going to do with my life every other second. I know what I want to do and I know what I think is right in an objective sense, but I don't know what I'm going to do.

Currently, on a personal level, I am doing much the same as everyone else. I seek to maintain and optimize physical health. I strive to obtain more and deeper levels of knowledge pertaining to family history and world history. I'm still horrible with dates, though. I try to tell myself that I'm not, but I've managed to remember one important year: 1172. It has become habit for me that I "live heritage" a little bit each day in one way or another. It helps me to remember important things and realize new things about my family by doing various craft and exploritory projects based around family and regional heritage. I'm trying to learn to read music better, so that I might be able to teach my children to play the instruments I play, in the event that they cannot self-teach by ear, as I did. Mom is teaching me "bake craft" in the Traditional Bavarian fashion, now that she knows I'm capable of making food that is tolerable-to-enjoyable to eat. I spend a lot of time trying to make Oma's recipes a little less offensive to the fragile ecosystem of the household. I wonder what my ancestors did when they felt like they needed to go on diets. eyes: I'm considering taking extended lessons in Traditional dance and almost at a final decision as to whether or not I am going to be Schuplottlering with the Society within the next year. I'm trying to learn the Donauschwab dialect, but I only know a few people who speak it and cannot commune with them regularly. I know my spoken French has improved drastically. I have begun freelancing my writing again. I'm starting my college education, and this is where things become sticky.

I've wanted to be a housewife for a long time. I've wanted to homeschool my children and construct the same meticulous regimen for my family as I have for myself. I wanted to care for my household with the same detail as I care to my own, typically. I wanted to dedicate my life to my children.

I still do.

The problem is, though, that very few people are ready to let me do that, and what's more, I'm not sure I'm ready to let myself do that. One guy I used to be very close to told me, constantly, "I support any woman being a housewife. In fact, I think every woman should be a housewife. Except you. That would be a waste.". I can understand his sentiment, as it seems like most women who really have nothing to offer the workforce other than excuses about cramps and unethical promotion methods want nothing more than to join it. The other side of the coin is more difficult for me to confront, as that's the one I'm on.

I'm all ready having trouble managing a (non-physical) club and a very small magazine, as most of the work for either I have to do on my own. I'm not sure if these things really take less time than it seems they do, as I have most of my waken hours absorbed by school these days, or if they really are full-time things. I think I could keep at least these two things going, especially if my husband would want to help me with the club, and still be a good mother and wife.

The bigger issues lie within my unachieved ideas. I have a lot of really good ideas, no sane person has ever been able to deny that of me. I certainly do not have the money or time for all of them, but I could more than likely take on a few more. A few of my ideas have to do with businesses and other location-based items, but two stick out in my mind as being particularly worthy. The one business I have been laying out for my Entrepreneurship class becomes more and more complicated each day, yet I feel like I have control over the thing no matter how much it expands. This is just planning, I know if I tried to undertake the actual business on my own, I would combust. It would take a lot of time out of my life, specifically my family life, to run a business. The idea of a family business is pleasant to me, and I know my children would learn a lot from being around a business growing up. When my father had a business I did learn from it, even though I was very young at the time. Just the same, I learned a lot going to work with my mother, who is head of her department and one of the most respected people in her field in the state. To try to qualify running a World Culture business as being educational to my children seems almost selfish to me, as they would learn the same things if we stayed at home and had lessons together each day, and they would learn if I had any other career. I'm not sure if they would be properly cared for unless I was a full-time mother, though. The other big idea is one I have had for much longer and haven't shared with so many people, mainly because in my heart I know that if it ever were to happen it would take much more than I'll ever have. I'd like to open a high school that puts emphasis on personal and familial history. That's the gist of it, I'm being very vague, but if one were to work it out into a business plan, the thing would take more money than the majority of people who give a damn about anything make in a year.

I'm just not sure I'd be able to tolerate being a housewife and homeschooling mother without knowing for sure that my intellectual property is in the hands of someone who is capable of doing good with it and someone who is doing good with it.

Letting good ideas go to waste has never benefitted the world, to my knowledge. It makes me very uneasy.

So, I don't know what specifically I'll be doing in the future in terms of schooling and working. I do plan to get married to Mr. Awesomesauce and have at least 4 kids with him.
    Polygamy: it might not be for you, but what right do you have to keep it from me?

hearthtender
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, July 31st, 2010 @ 07:14 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Irish
    Ancestry
    Swedish Irish ?English?
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    Classical liberal
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I want to have a healthy family and be a part of a healthy community. I want to keep the traditions from my and my husbands family, reintroduce ones we have lost and make new ones as well. I am working on my relationship with my gods. I always vote and am occasionally politically active in other ways. I am more of a quite person about preservation but it comes up when talking to other mothers about our families.

I plan on sending my children to public/charter schoold and heavily suplamenting their education with things like The Well Trained Mind and lots of scandinavian, german and irish history and culture. My children will have opportunities to devlop their talents artistically, musicaly, theatrically as well as sports and of course academically.

Land of the Free because of the Brave.
    "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." Dag Hammarskjold
    "Children know the truth. Love is not an emotion. Love is behavior." Andrew Vachss

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 @ 01:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Country
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Old Stock Nativism
    Religion
    Heathen Theosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    My wife and I became aware of the need for ethnic preservation several years ago. Since that time we have educated our children in all aspects of their heritage and exposed them to the pre-Christian religion of our ancestors. Now that my wife is homeschooling our daughter, I think we'll be able to stave off the PC mind-control that is so pervasive in public schools today.
    "Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast