Politics
    Tribalist
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I prsonaly beleive it is beneath me to engage in violence that is unnessesary!
    that being said, I personaly feel that it is a discrace, and an act of shame to my forefathers to not fight when it is nessesary!

After reading many of these posts, I am glad that I live in Texas. We have the right to use deadly force to protect our lives, our homes, and our property!
    Michael Lingo

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 05:01 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdis View Post
    Sigurd. I'd kick your butt and you know it xD
    And I'm taller than the majority of men I know.
    You could certainly try, but I doubt you'd manage. In physical confrontations with women, I'm always the gentleman and use the least amount of force necessary, retaliating by harsher means is nothing that a man wins honour from anyhow. As such, you'd very quickly find a physical fight with me either futile or frustrating fairly soon.

Though, you're right about assailants thinking twice about attacking a woman if she's in the presence of a man.
    Exactly. The moment in which a potential assailant decides whether the juice is worth the squeeze is not one where particularly many philosophical questions are asked. Two people are already a cause for hesitation, if one of them is a man of some presence they won't risk it and will seek an easier victim.

It's the moment when "psychological warfare" is most important, and that's where it helps to be a man of some stature. It doesn't matter whether you think yourself that you'd stand a chance, if they believe it then they won't attack. I was once followed by three men who acted suspicious enough for me to believe that they were intending to mug me. I slowed down and let them come closer, this acted as a deterrent.

This is something a woman can't do on her own, the fact that nine out of ten cases, men are stronger and this is what is in the attacker's mind as well. I have a friend who really shouldn't be messed with, she could take on Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee at the same time and win, has the stature for it as well, is in the security business. But, since she's a woman, it's always her they try to have a go at, and not her work colleague even though he is well shorter and well less robust than her and certainly looks less trouble.

Buuuut, if a woman has some sort of weapon, like an umbrella, she's less likely to be attacked, because she can use the umbrella to fend the assailant off.
    Nine out of ten cases, assailants don't walk up to you and say: "Hi, I'm Robert. May I mug you?" --- So an umbrella will be useless. It takes too long to operate and needs the attacker to be at a certain distance and angle, you'd have to be a Yoga student of twenty years to stab an attacker that comes from behind.

The only thing that will help thus is something that is operable instantly, and at short range and odd angles, and which has the "surprise effect". Pepper spray will help for that, but it's only an aid, not a permanent solution. A man at the woman's side that gives the sign of "Don't even think about it" settles things well more smoothly. Often, moving your army to the border is all it takes, to use an analogy.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 @ 11:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland/Norway/Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Machinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How d'ya think I feel? I live here and I'm ashamed to be a part of this country. England holds way too much influence over us.
    Don't be afraid of being a Scot, but you should have utter disdain for the leaders who let the English disarm them AGAIN.

There is such a thing as agility, y'know. I prosper in agility. I'm quite fast and light on my feet and can easily dodge things. I also know how to get someone off of me when they have me pinned down and are straddling me.
    Agility helps a lot when you lack strength.
    Look, I'm not trying to discourage you at all. I'm really glad you have the attitude you do, and you seem to at least have gotten some training, which will get you out of a lot of things most women would succumb to. But realize that agility only gets you so far, and you DO end up at a point that it won't help you against a stronger, heavier opponent -- many of whom are also quite agile. You also seem to be depending on having a large training discrepancy between you and them in your favor. I don't know what the thugs are like over there, but thinking your average street 'groid over here is untrained is becoming more the exception than the rule. If you meet one, I'd suggest you use your agility to run, not fight.

But then things are different here, I always insisted my women learn to fight with knives, and when possible, guns to even things out. You don't really have that option.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Jute/Angle
    Subrace
    Angle/Jute
    Country
    England England