View Poll Results: Which is worse:

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • To avoid fighting when it is necessary

    46 63.89%
  • To fight when it is unnecessary

    14 19.44%
  • To post unnecessary polls like this

    12 16.67%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: Fighting/Self-Defense ?

  1. #31
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Kriegersohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 12th, 2010 @ 02:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Colorado Colorado
    Location
    Front Range
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Odinist
    Posts
    137
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalRose View Post
    Reminds me of a story, couple years back. A guy on the roof of some commercial property trying to break in.. ended up falling through the roof and sued! Do you believe that s***? I think he won too. Ridiculous.
    Was that in California? I know they have all sorts of stupid things like that going on. I remember when I was out there a few years back a guy defended himself during an armed assault and wounded the would-be attacker. The criminal sued him for the injury (which if memory serves, the criminal won)...not to mention that I think the guy wound up with some jail time and a fine for defending himself *because* he injured his attacker. What do they expect when we're attacked? Harsh language?

  2. #32
    Senior Member Mrs. Lyfing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 11:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Location
    Where the mountains are
    Gender
    Age
    37
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Posts
    1,278
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I know if someone comes into my home, my husband is going to go Kung Fu on his a**! He has the ability to do that. Thank goodness. We don't own any guns. However, I would like a little pistol. Shotguns make me nervous, to big, to powerful. ( but hell yeah ) Got a couple hammers, knives, chainsaws, around though...

    I think if anyone feels their life is seriously being threatened they have every right to defend themselves. People should really just say the hell with it, carry a little pistol, and say I ain't gonna take it no more. Therefore more times when some scum bag comes to hurt you or steel from you and the next victim and the next, less scum will *uck with us. Because we are the ones to watch out for now! Pay back Motha *ucka
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

  3. #33
    Senior Member Patrioten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 19th, 2019 @ 04:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Gender
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    1,919
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I watched this American tv-show a long time ago about crimes caught on tape. These two guys entered a store and held the owner at gun point, the owner pulled a gun on them and shot one of the robbers dead while the other one fled. The robbers had fired a few rounds at the store owner as he brought out his own gun, but they missed. The robber that got away was charged with murder of the second robber and was also convicted for it. An interesting take on the issue of responsibility in a self defense situation.

    I think the verdict made sense. The two robbers instigated, created the situation by entering the store with the intent to rob and possibly kill the owner. The owner responded by defending himself and his store in the manner which he deemed necessary, having every right to do so. One of the robbers was killed and someone needs to be held accountable. The surviving robber should therefor assume full responsibility for the events that followed (after the wheels had been set in motion by him and his partner in crime). It's a good prejudice, ensuring that the burden of guilt is placed wholly on the criminal and not on the victim.

  4. #34
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Kriegersohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 12th, 2010 @ 02:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Colorado Colorado
    Location
    Front Range
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Odinist
    Posts
    137
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrioten View Post
    I watched this American tv-show a long time ago about crimes caught on tape. These two guys entered a store and held the owner at gun point, the owner pulled a gun on them and shot one of the robbers dead while the other one fled. The robbers had fired a few rounds at the store owner as he brought out his own gun, but they missed. The robber that got away was charged with murder of the second robber and was also convicted for it. An interesting take on the issue of responsibility in a self defense situation.

    I think the verdict made sense. The two robbers instigated, created the situation by entering the store with the intent to rob and possibly kill the owner. The owner responded by defending himself and his store in the manner which he deemed necessary, having every right to do so. One of the robbers was killed and someone needs to be held accountable. The surviving robber should therefor assume full responsibility for the events that followed (after the wheels had been set in motion by him and his partner in crime). It's a good prejudice, ensuring that the burden of guilt is placed wholly on the criminal and not on the victim.

    I don't disagree with that at all. Each state though has its own laws, Colorado for instance has its "Make my day" law which does allow for lethal force to be used. It has been stretched a little as well, one individual did spend about two weeks in jail for defending his neighbor's wife and property, he shot the two (paralyzing one) that broke into his neighbor's home after they had left and were about a block away or so. Charges were dropped against the individual and set free while the criminals had to go to court after they recovered.

  5. #35
    Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    GroeneWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Gender
    Age
    37
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Posts
    3,053
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    301
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    405
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegersohn View Post
    What do they expect when we're attacked? Harsh language?
    Our former minister of justice advised peoeple when they saw people being atacked to scream look a green polar bear.

  6. #36
    Senior Member DanseMacabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 6th, 2008 @ 11:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Kansas Kansas
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Idealist
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Posts
    237
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Everybody has a right to self defense and they shouldn't be afraid to defend themselves or others from criminals. People are too pacifist and cowardly these days. In my city there was a women beaten to death by her boyfriend infront of the whole neighborhood and her children. By the time the cops got there she was dead. Nobody wanted to risk their own safety to confront this man.

    I believe for home protection a shotgun is the best option. You needn't be a skilled marksmen, you merely have to aim in the right general direction. Which is perfect for a night intruder. In my state we also have concealed carry laws which permit us to carry concealed firearms. I would suggest learning hand-to-hand combat techniques as well.
    “Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people, a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs-Jon Jay, Federalist Papers

  7. #37
    Senior Member CrystalRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Thursday, April 23rd, 2009 @ 08:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Irish, Dutch, German
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Politics
    Piecrust promises,easily broken
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Posts
    557
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegersohn View Post
    Was that in California? I know they have all sorts of stupid things like that going on. I remember when I was out there a few years back a guy defended himself during an armed assault and wounded the would-be attacker. The criminal sued him for the injury (which if memory serves, the criminal won)...not to mention that I think the guy wound up with some jail time and a fine for defending himself *because* he injured his attacker. What do they expect when we're attacked? Harsh language?

    Yeah, I can picture that going smooth. "Hey intruder, stop right there or I’ll.... I’ll..(meanwhile you're shot) stand here and do nothing!" In the end it's either the intruder or me. And I don't know about you all but I enjoy life.

    To answer your question; yes I believe it was in California.

    I've heard of some counties requiring it's residents to carry/own guns.. which results in less crime.
    Think about it.. you know everyone's packin a gun.. you're going to think twice about committing a crime against them, right? a big : To those folks.

  8. #38
    Senior Member White Africa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 09:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-African
    Ancestry
    English
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Gender
    Politics
    Preservation of diversity
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Posts
    116
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    22
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Both are bad, but I think it's worse to go picking fights with people who never did anything to you, or especially for having a different opinion. I don't pick fights with people, so I expect them to do the same.

  9. #39
    Moderator Resist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Gender
    Age
    50
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Posts
    294
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    126
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    352
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Avoiding to fight to defend yourself is worse. I'd rather be mistaken for a thug than for a coward.

  10. #40
    Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Bärin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    1,899
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    316
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanseMacabre View Post
    Everybody has a right to self defense and they shouldn't be afraid to defend themselves or others from criminals. People are too pacifist and cowardly these days. In my city there was a women beaten to death by her boyfriend infront of the whole neighborhood and her children. By the time the cops got there she was dead. Nobody wanted to risk their own safety to confront this man.
    Exactly. It enrages me when Germans get attacked by aliens and other people around act like they don't see it, nobody wants to give their ethnic brethren a hand. But Slavs and Muslims stick together. How pathetic is that? I'm not an advocator of unnecessary violence, but to not do something to save yourself and your folk is pure treason.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fixed Blade Knifes - How To Use Blades For Defense & Fighting
    By SpearBrave in forum Self-Defense & the Art of War
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Saturday, March 11th, 2017, 10:04 PM
  2. WHAT are we fighting for?
    By norcalnative1971 in forum Articles & Current Affairs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Wednesday, January 26th, 2005, 03:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •