Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Critical of Your Own People?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    America is a big, powerful country and one which has made its share of contributions to human culture. But, unfortunately, America has spent its recent history trying to squash other weaker countries and, to a certain extent, undermine their culture. I want this attitude to end and so must be critical of my country.

Last Online
    Thursday, October 15th, 2009 @ 09:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Welsh/Scandinavian
    Country
    Scotland Scotland
    student/Bar supervisor
    Politics
    mixed
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think that constantly putting your country down is exactly what causes the loss of national pride and the spirit of your country. In itself it is probably at least partly responsible for the decline of all the Germanic countries. After all if you think that the average person from your country is stupid coarse and ill educated then why would you fight to preserve it?

It's the same as with family, they all have problems but you don't tell them to strangers, keep dirty washing out of public view! As Lili said;

Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    I'm proud to be Lithuanian. And I would never ever say something bad about my nation, especially in public.
    So while I don't believe everybody here is perfect I'm not particulaly critical and I still think that our worst is better than any other countries worst.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 7th, 2011 @ 06:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If I am critical? Nobody can ever be more anti-Italian than me on this board. Except maybe those willing to enslave everybody speaking a Romance language (which I'm not aware of, and wouldn't be serious anyway), I suppose.

I find more affinity of character with virtually every European beyond Alps, even a Lappoid for that matter, than with a Neapolitan.

If I am critical towards members of my proper ethnicity, the cold, restrained, bashful and unsociable Piedmontese, it's because they've made possible this monstrosity of a country, putting themselves under the same flag of Southern garbage (in the literal meaning of the word). This is what I reproach to them, nothing else.

And now they've been flooded with Southern immigrants for decades, thus irreparably compromising their ethnic landscape even before that the recent tide of Third-Worlders had risen.

This has not to do with anti-nationalism or self-smearing, this is about decency and self-respect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I don't wish to contribute much to anti-American attitudes. I hear it too often from my fellow countrymen. It gets old. I admit to being guilty of it too, when I was 14 years old, but now it strikes me as being incredibly unpatriotic. The greater aspects of my country and the accomplishments made by my people are deserving of far more attention than a mere percentage of idiots that happen to be part of any population. My country is not defined by them, and if they're the first thing that come to mind when you think about America and the American people, you're missing out on something.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Problem is Deary, most Americans make up this percentage of idiots. Same happens in Europe. I think someone here put it well once - 90 % of Germans/Englishmen/Dutchmen/Swedes/Danes and others are idiots. If they weren't, they wouldn't be in the situation they are today. Few are actually concerned with the survival of their nations.

Sorry, but ignorant, egotist and arrogant are some of the things that come to mind first when I think Americans. The days of the founding fathers and segregation are over unfortunately. I like what America once was but Americans are now what it has become. Worshipping the ashes doesn't change the fact that this is a nation of degenerates. George Washington is not going to come out of his grave and help us solve out problems. We have to see ourselves at face value.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrymheim View Post
    After all if you think that the average person from your country is stupid coarse and ill educated then why would you fight to preserve it?
    Obviously, I don't fight to preserve it, but to change it. People who talk themselves into everything would be fine without foreign influence and just try to retain a more or less status quo are delusional, or naive, as to what the cause for our misery really is.
    It is neither just the Jews, nor just the "foreigners", they are just the pathogen, but that they are so successful is exactly because our immune system is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Deary View Post
    My country is not defined by them
    It is, not always has been, but now it is. Even if they are "just" a loud minority, but it has always been a minority who was responsible for the creation of "culture", or how a country is actually defined. The mass just carries on.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Senior Member SwordOfTheVistula's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 01:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Generally criticism is something I'm naturally inclined towards.

Identifying a problem is the first step towards solving a problem, thus it is necessary in that regard. However, one must also seek out and provide solutions to the problem

I should probably get off my butt and read The Culture of Critique
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'll put it this way. It's fine to be critical, but blind hatred, however, is unacceptable, and it is the choice of "criticism" of America and American people I'm hearing lately which sounds about as nugatory and low as that. Going on about how much of a buffoon the average American may be is far from a new or advantageous observation. The same applies to saying America is a "nation of degenerates". No, this is not the type of "criticism" I take part in.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    @ Deary, it has nothing to do with blind hatred, it's simply acknowledging some facts. Facts aren't always in our advantage. The US is currently a nation of degenerates, like it or not.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 04:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    For the most part, baby-boomer Finns are hopeless. I'll say without any kind of guilt (or particular animosity, either) that as soon as they die out things will hopefully turn for the better in this country.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast