View Poll Results: Are you ethnically Mixed and what is your Opinion about ethnic Mixing?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am ethnically mixed and I don't think ethnic Mixing is wrong.

78 24.30%
  • I am not ethnically mixed and I don't think ethnic Mixing is wrong.

57 17.76%
  • I am ethnically mixed and I think ethnic Mixing is wrong.

35 10.90%
  • I am not ethnically mixed and I think ethnic Mixing is wrong.

114 35.51%
  • I don't know/Other Option/I want to see the Votes.

37 11.53%
Page 1 of 42 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Feel About (European) Ethnic Mixing?

Last Online
    Monday, February 18th, 2008 @ 04:49 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Countries and nations are completely different concepts.

Austria and Germany are different countries but Austrians and Germans belong to the same nation.

Relationships between members of the same nation are always acceptable. A foreigner is simply someone who is from another country.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    It depends on the ethnicity. For Germanic/Nordish Americans, Anglo-Canadians, Danes, Germans, Afrikaners etc... would be acceptable . Mail-order brides from Thailand, the Phillippines or the former Soviet Union would not :.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    The only prerequesites I would demand from the foreigner is racial compability and the will to assimilate.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Friday, February 22nd, 2008 @ 12:32 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As long as the other person is a European europid from a European country, I don't care. Marrige would be a different situation though.

Account Disabled on Request

Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 03:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Well... if I met someone from southern or eastern Europe and I really liked them and they really liked me, I wouldn't hold back just because they're somewhat different to me or for some rational train of thought I held previously. I couldn't be attracted to an Iranian or Chinese anyway full stop. I don't see a Russian or Italian as racially enormously different. That's a whole different order of magnitude compared to Europe being over ran by Arabs, Asians, Africans. The ideal is one thing, what happens in practice is another.

I'm not sure exactly what the thread question is. English & Scottish marrying each other is a no-brainer. Or Dutch & German. Depends where you draw the line. Anyway I voted yes.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 9th, 2008 @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    MYOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Provided they are Europid, and even more preferrably racially compatible, yes. Personally I am generally only attracted to progressive Europid types, so that is the range within which I would move. Cultural compatibility is somewhat important, but not the overriding goal as far as I am concerned.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

An old post of mine from Skadi on the issue.

I agree with the concept commonly referred to as "reponsible love". That is, romantic feelings and attachments can indeed be wondeful and make a fulfilling life when done within responsible limits. That especially applies here.

However, as is often said, love knows no racial, ethnic, cultural, religious, etc. limits.

In such a case I think the model set by the French writer Charles Peguy is perhaps most fitting.

Peguy fell in love with a long-time friend of his by the name of Blanche Raphael. This was a major part of the last four years of his life, before being killed on the battlefields of 1914. Those last four years were said to have been his most inspiring and productive of his entire life, and wrote his most beautiful poems during this period as well. He clearly attributed much of this success to his strong love for her.

However, as much as he loved her, Peguy could never truely have her. For one thing, he was already married and he pledged full fidelity to his wife. Even though he could've have easily got an annulment, Peguy refused to be unfaithful or break up with his wife. Yet at the same time he couldnt deny the reality that he was madly in love with Ms. Raphael. He struggled with these feelings for the rest of his life. Yet despite it all, the two remained very close friends right to the end.

The point is, love does come in many forms, and the forms in which it can be expressed vary as well. Being in love with somebody doesn't necessarily mean you must be with them romantically, even though that maybe is what your heart truely desires. Developing a close and deep friendship with the person in question is still a viable option.

BTW, the Peguy-Raphael affair could also be said to have had a racial element to it as well; since Peguy was an ethnic French Catholic and Raphael was a Jew.

I know all too well from personal experience how ethno-national commitments can get in the way of your affections for another. This is especially true with one girl I know. I've known her for several years, and we're certainly good friends - which I'm very thankful for.

Much as I love her; I know deep down in my heart that a more romantic relationship would not be in our best interests. Sometimes it's easier for me to accept that fact than at other times; it's a constant struggle for me.

Last Online
    Monday, October 8th, 2007 @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    The only prerequesites I would demand from the foreigner is racial compability and the will to assimilate.
    Isn't that anti-preservation? Do you imagine how it would be like if all the Russian women from Moscow marry German men?

Page 1 of 42 12345611 ... LastLast