Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serbs Burn U.S. Embassy

Last Online
    Sunday, August 19th, 2012 @ 11:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English (50%), German (20%), Irish (12.5%), Lithuanian (12.5%), Scottish, Dutch, French
    Woden, Thunor, Frīg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Serbs Burn U.S. Embassy

BELGRADE, Serbia - A charred body was found inside the U.S. Embassy Thursday after Serb rioters protesting Kosovo's declaration of independence set fire to offices there.

It was unknown whose body was in the burned office. "It was found at the part of the building set on fire by the protesters," embassy spokeswoman Rian Harris said. She said all embassy staffers were accounted for; Belgrade's Pink TV said the body appeared to be that of a rioter.

The State Department issued a travel alert for Americans in Serbia.

Masked men broke into the U.S. compound in Belgrade, which has been closed this week, and tried to throw furniture from an office. They set fire to the office and flames shot up the side of the building.

It took police about 45 minutes to appear at the scene, and firefighters arrived about the same time and put out the blaze. Police secured the U.S. Embassy and surrounding area, blocking off all access.

The U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, Zalmay Khalilzad, said he was "outraged" by the attack and would ask the U.N. Security Council to issue a unanimous statement "expressing the council's outrage, condemning the attack, and also reminding the Serb government of its responsibility to protect diplomatic facilities."

Serbia's president pleads for calm
    Serbia's President Boris Tadic, on an official visit to Romania, appealed for calm and urged the protesters to stop the attacks and move away from the streets. Tadic said that violence was "damaging" Serbia's efforts to defend Kosovo, which declared its independence from Belgrade on Sunday.

More than a dozen nations have recognized Kosovo's declaration of independence, including the United States, Britain, France and Germany. But the declaration by Kosovo's ethnic Albanian leadership has been rejected by Serbia's government and the ethnic Serbians who populate northern Kosovo.

For several days, Kosovo's Serbs have shown their anger by destroying U.N. and NATO property, setting off small bombs and staging noisy rallies.

The nationalist government of Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica appears to have tolerated the rioting and looting, which first broke out on Sunday.

Government ministers have dismissed such incidents in previous days as "insignificant," and the police were not deployed on Thursday to guard the U.S. Embassy which has been targeted in the past.

Kostunica's critics claim that he is planning to use the troubles as an excuse to crack down against pro-Western liberals in the country, and to block efforts by Tadic to gain membership for Serbia in the European Union.

"I cannot tell if the authorities are going to allow this to escalate, and how long they will let this go on, but it is absolutely clear that it is all under their control." said Vesna Pesic from the pro-Western Liberal Democratic Party whose offices also have been attacked.

Read more here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23277147

The U.S. says "Hey, let's play with matches near the old powder-keg of Europe." Europe says "Sure, why not?"

So, Serbs are pissed and I doubt the finding of a charred body is a good sign. Not to mention they also targeted the Croatian embassy. President Bush recently said something to the effect that Kosovo's independence will bring peace and stability to the Balkan region...: What an idiot.

I could outline some sort of doom and gloom scenario: Serbs attack US and Croat embassies > US gets angry about it, Croats get angry about > Serbs continue protest, more violence possibly against Croats and/or Muslims > Muslims all over Europe get pissed, start riots > Muslim countries and Russia blame US...well, you get the idea.

Last Online
    Monday, April 4th, 2016 @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    This is all perfectly understandable to me, and looking at this proto-Zionist cross-eyed joke of a Foreign Minister Frank-Walter 'Clarence' Steinmeier I can only say that the Freak Republic of Germany is rightfully blamed for playing a wicked game in Kosovo.
    And all my youth passed by sad-hearted,
    the joy of Spring was never mine;
    Autumn blows through me dread of parting,
    and my heart dreams and longs to die.

- Nikolaus Lenau (1802-1850)

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.

- Giacomo Leopardi (1798-1837)

Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2009 @ 08:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic, 1/4 Eng
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    There have been a few attempts to destroy the U.S. embassy here, as well as vandalism.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English (50%), German (20%), Irish (12.5%), Lithuanian (12.5%), Scottish, Dutch, French
    Woden, Thunor, Frīg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Voyager View Post
    There have been a few attempts to destroy the U.S. embassy here, as well as vandalism.
    By Serbs?

I think that today is the fifth day of continued protests in Serbia. US authorities are calling them "thugs" and stating that Russia and Serbia are alone in condemning the "declaration of independence" of Kosovo. Which isn't true. I also hate the way that the media is trying to present the situation as one analogous to the American declaration of independence...or atleast conjure up the same images. They constantly say the Kosovo "Declaration of Independence" is being protested by ethnic Serbs and so on. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it. Either way, the Serbs are not going to "calm down", as one US official put it, any time soon. And I don't see any reason why they should.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 07:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon & Swedish
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Violence should be expected when their country is being carved up.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Woden, Thunor, Frīg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matamoros View Post
    Violence should be expected when their country is being carved up.
    ...Some don't see the carving up of their own countries...

Last Online
    Sunday, October 19th, 2008 @ 04:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The Serbs have been protecting Mother Europe for 1000 years from the muslim hordes and they get no appreciation and no respect. Hail the Serbs!!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Woden, Thunor, Frīg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olen View Post
    The Serbs have been protecting Mother Europe for 1000 years from the muslim hordes and they get no appreciation and no respect. Hail the Serbs!!
    If we hail the Serbs we must also respect Croatia...the "bulwark of Christendom" as some Pope put it. The Croats are the ones who ultimately stopped Ottoman intrusion into Europe.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soten View Post
    ...Some don't see the carving up of their own countries...
    Fact... wait untill these people wake up and see some violence. I feel kinda sorry for the Muslims then because they have had so many chances to go away in peace.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast