Germany Germany
    State
    Lower Saxony Lower Saxony
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

AW: Re: Is Asexuality Unethical

Well I think those who have brought up the term are those who definate it. It has been brought up by some people who don't experience sexual attraction and they formed the AVEN (Asexual Visibility and Education Network) and gave asexuality a definition: Not experiencing sexual attraction. Most asexuals do also not have a sex drive but there are exceptions who sometimes have a totally unfocused sex drive since they want it but don't find anything attractive though the majority, like me, lacks of both. I don't think there's anything unethical in it. It's unknown yet whether asexuality is something that can be inherited and therefore it's also questionable whether asexuals should even multiply.
    Ceterum censeo Iudaeam esse delendam.

Auf der Durchreise
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, September 27th, 2008 @ 10:26 PM
    Subrace
    Nordocromagnosomething
    Country
    Germany Germany
    NS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminatus View Post
    Well I think those who have brought up the term are those who definate it. It has been brought up by some people who don't experience sexual attraction and they formed the AVEN (Asexual Visibility and Education Network) and gave asexuality a definition: Not experiencing sexual attraction. Most asexuals do also not have a sex drive but there are exceptions who sometimes have a totally unfocused sex drive since they want it but don't find anything attractive though the majority, like me, lacks of both. I don't think there's anything unethical in it. It's unknown yet whether asexuality is something that can be inherited and therefore it's also questionable whether asexuals should even multiply.
    If asexuality is defined along the lines of AVEN it sounds to me like a disability, so it cannot sensibly be called "unethical".

But it might become unethical (in the racial preservation sense) as soon as someone finds a cure for it and an asexual refuses to be cured.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 13th, 2010 @ 02:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pervitinist View Post
    If asexuality is defined along the lines of AVEN it sounds to me like a disability, so it cannot sensibly be called "unethical".

But it might become unethical (in the racial preservation sense) as soon as someone finds a cure for it and an asexual refuses to be cured.
    I clearly would refuse that. I, and the vast majority of the other asexuals, like to be this way. We don't want our minds to be manipulated by something dull as the view of a beautiful person. Most of us are happy not to have to bear this instinct.

Tell me what is unethical in not feeling sexual attraction? Besides that for the racial preservation argument I found a poll there if they want children and the result was not worse than in any forum whose members are sexual.

Last Online
    15 Hours Ago @ 11:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    Alemanni-Suebi/Irish
    Subrace
    Dalophælid-Nordid
    State
    Hessen-Darmstadt Hessen-Darmstadt
    Hagestolz
    Politics
    reactionary ancap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pervitinist
    Asexuality does not equal impotence. Impotence is a disability, I do t think asexuality is a disability.
    I strongly oppose minority rights like gays have and such sort of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pervitinist
    A cure, that's interesting, never have thought about that. In fact there are many asexuals living in sexual relationships, but for them sex is just is as interesting than let's say picking someone's nose. They do it to please their partners...many even have children. Asexuals are a minority of 1% max. 2%, I do not think they can be blamed for the large number of sexuals that are childless.
    Last edited by Aptrgangr; Sunday, October 22nd, 2006 at 02:08 PM. Reason: typo
    When men cease to fight — they cease to be — Men.
    “Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.” Brendan Behan

Auf der Durchreise
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordocromagnosomething
    Country
    Germany Germany
    NS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I clearly would refuse that. I, and the vast majority of the other asexuals, like to be this way. We don't want our minds to be manipulated by something dull as the view of a beautiful person. Most of us are happy not to have to bear this instinct.
    But how do you know whether you might not become even more happy with an active sex life? I remember reading reports about psychological studies that came to the conclusion that sexual activity statistically improves the health of an individual, raises performance in IQ-related tasks and expands life expectancies.

Tell me what is unethical in not feeling sexual attraction? Besides that for the racial preservation argument I found a poll there if they want children and the result was not worse than in any forum whose members are sexual.
    As I said, I dont find it unethical not to feel sexual attraction. But imagine you are given the choice either to be cured from asexuality or to remain asexual. In such a situation it might be unethical - at least according to racial preservation standards and in the context of a society that is based on the idea of racial preservation - to reject such an offer.

Anyway, I dont see ethics as something absolute but as a means to an end, this end being the survival of our people and our race for the sake of the future of humanity. Thats why I differentiate sharply between "morals" as an ethics that is founded on absolutes (religious/ideological/traditional) and "ethics" in a broader, philosophical sense.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Who says that asexuals live in celibate? Asexuals don't experience sexual attraction and most have no sex drive but that doesn't mean that we are not able to have fun with it. Let's use a bad analogy comparing it with videogames. Nobody is attracted by them and has a drive to play them but yet many people enjoy it. We don't need sex but that doesn't mean that we're not able to enjoy it, does it?

BTW: I think those tests were made almost entirely with sexual people

Auf der Durchreise
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordocromagnosomething
    Country
    Germany Germany
    NS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who says that asexuals live in celibate? Asexuals don't experience sexual attraction and most have no sex drive but that doesn't mean that we are not able to have fun with it. Let's use a bad analogy comparing it with videogames. Nobody is attracted by them and has a drive to play them but yet many people enjoy it. We don't need sex but that doesn't mean that we're not able to enjoy it, does it?

BTW: I think those tests were made almost entirely with sexual people
    All right, perhaps I just dont know enough about asexuality.

I thought that every (male) asexual is also impotent, but if they are able to have sex, they might even be phenotypically 'sexual' so that the ethical problem would vanish.

But as for myself I couldnt imagine having fun with something I dont feel attracted to. Take the case of homosexuals. They are not attracted by women, so they dont have sex with them unless they are forced to, and even then it might simply not 'work'.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pervitinist View Post
    All right, perhaps I just dont know enough about asexuality.

I thought that every (male) asexual is also impotent, but if they are able to have sex, they might even be phenotypically 'sexual' so that the ethical problem would vanish.

But as for myself I couldnt imagine having fun with something I dont feel attracted to. Take the case of homosexuals. They are not attracted by women, so they dont have sex with them unless they are forced to, and even then it might simply not 'work'.
    Hardly any asexual is impotent infact. Asexuality is like homo, hetero or bi sexuality an "orientation" as it's called in modern English though that word implies that it is actually a choice which is not the case.
    A big part of the asexual community already tried it and the results vary. Some liked it, some disliked it and the majority said it was pleasant but nothing they must have. I myself haven't tried it so far since I my curiousity about is much smaller than my aversion against the human mating ritual that is necessary to have meat to try it.

Since we are attracted by nobody this problem does not exist for us though I would never let somebody else touch me if that person is not atleast very sympathic as a person to me but that's just me.
    Besides that, many homosexuals do have sex with women and even have offspring with them especially in the past when they had to hide their "orientation".

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maybe useful for people who want to see how other asexuals beside me are: www.asexuality.org --> community. There are also polls for the curious one to see some statistics.

Odin

Asexuality

A platonic love is a non-sexual relationship between a male and a female. Asexuals are people who don't like sex. They can still have relationships, but without sex (platonic). Do you think platonic love and asexuality are destructive to the preservation of our heritage?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast