Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Generosity in the Germanic World

• How do you define generosity?
    • Do you consider yourself generous?
    • Are most of the Germanics you know particularly generous, or are they particularly not?
    • Are there different kinds of generosity?
    • Can one be selectively generous and still be generous?
    • If an act is distantly selfish, can it still be generous?
    • Is generosity genetic, environmental, part of groups, or individualistic?
    • How do you think Germanics compare to non-Germanics in terms of generosity?
    • Do you see trends in generosity amongst age groups, the sexes, or people of different psychographics?

I find that I have a sort of generosity that is different from most people I know, but it is like my mother's. I often give people things just because I think they might like or make good use of them... usually books or vitamins/herbs. I do this with most everyone I know who I don't particularly dislike, sometimes I even do give people I dislike things that I think might help them to be better people. However, when it comes to the holiday seasons and gift-giving, I give gifts to very few people, yet I wind up spending about as much if not more time and money and thought than people who buy for tons of folks.

I'm pretty stingy when it comes to my time, though. I am very patient when I see a positive means becoming, but if I feel like someone is simply and crudely wasting my time I can get very angry and I'll just cut them off. Most of my time is spent selfishly, even if it does wind up benefitting other people. I am very reluctant to do things that I do not see a grand purpose in or that I do not want to do.

How about you all?
    Polygamy: it might not be for you, but what right do you have to keep it from me?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I think Germanics are generally too generous for their own good... their generosity of spirit and highly evolved ability to empathise with all has led to other populations taking advantage of Germanics for their own greedy benefit, without consideration for how their greed is hurting their generous (Germanic) host.

Offer a suffering primitive a place in your home country so that they can have a better life, see if he is grateful. No chance. Not only will he feel that it is his God-given right to live in your country, but he will think that it is his right to degrade it too... attempting to turn it into the land that they were so keen to escape. Welcome to Little Arabia in Norway, or Little Africa in England, or Little Turkey in Germany, or Little China in Australia.

Germanics need to toughen up and get selfish. We must look after ourselves first.... otherwise we won't survive.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    On the subject of Germanic bodies being too generous, I think it follows the same trend as the average individual Germanic. Most Germanics seem to be very generous, even when it kicks them in the gut. However, as opposed to a sliding scale, there seems to be a point where individuals or groups appear to "snap". As in, they will deal with being abused in whatever way, and then without much warning, they will remove all of their generosity, pull the rug out from beneath the feet of those they are helping.

This is just my observation, and I don't think it is cruel or anything of the sort. I just think that Germanics, like most groups, expect others to have the same expectations of self. When they don't act accordingly, we believe that they should know what is wrong. If they don't change it within a given amount of time, we ought not to explain it to them or prompt them to do things as we instruct, we just say, "K. I'mma have my country back now. You can leave or I'll shoot you." or something else to that effect.

Another thing I noticed is that Germanics have no trouble telling other people when they are being too generous, but they can't recognize it within themselves most of the time. I think in most cases they just want to believe that their generosity is going to amount to something.

On the subject of giving... how do you all feel about
    If You Give A Mouse a Cookie?

It's pretty popular amongst young children in the US and now has two alternate versions (Pig/Pancake, Moose/Muffin). For those of you who are unfamiliar with the story, it goes something like this:

If you give a mouse a cookie... he'll want a glass of milk. If you give him a glass of milk... he'll ask for a straw. If you give him a straw... he'll ask for a napkin. If you give him a napkin... he'll want to look in the mirror. If he looks in the mirror... he'll notice his hair needs a trim....

It's a cute little story and by the end of it, the mouse is back to wanting a cookie and a glass of milk again.

When I was reading it for myself, years ago, I didn't notice that it could perhaps be a warning against generosity to certain groups. Do you think it could be interpreted this way? Do you think the author intended it to be this way? If you were teaching this story to children, would you say that is the moral of it?
    Polygamy: it might not be for you, but what right do you have to keep it from me?