View Poll Results: Do you believe such phenomena exist?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I can control them with practice.

10 26.32%
  • I had such experiences but they happened involuntarily.

13 34.21%
  • I never had such experiences/I don't believe in such.

11 28.95%
  • Other (explain) ...

4 10.53%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Astral Projection / Out of Body Experience

Last Online
    Friday, August 8th, 2008 @ 12:31 AM
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm really glad you have all shared your experiences with me. Even though I have only had a handfull in which nothing major has happened I like to know that other people have had somewhat similar experiences.

I've another regular occurence to detail that I can definitely say happens a lot. I guess you could say it is related to astral projection. In my daily life I feel energy around my solar plexus area: where the solar plexus chakra is. I'm sure this happens to everyone. However, I have read that everyone has a chakra that is most active. In this case mine is the above. I find that the energy I feel around the solar plexus area intensifies when I listen to music that evokes emotion, when I see mountains/woodland/trees and when I'm around people I am fond of etc.

So, what is/are your most active chakra(s)? Tell us in which situations you feel the energy most.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 23rd, 2006 @ 03:08 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    My head, it feels like its about to lift off my brain case and open out like an umbrella.

Then I get the reverse for stress or negativity. That happens in the throat one and the heart one. Squeezing, like the opposite is happening. :runaway

Last Online
    Saturday, July 22nd, 2006 @ 02:06 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Astral projection only ever happened to me once and it was really really brief, but I remember looking down at my steps while not in my body

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 09:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,228 Posts

Exclamation Out-of-Body Experience (OBE) Recreated

I think I'll pass for the next age of gaming if PC based technology intermixes with a discovery like this. Nothing is holy anymore these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC news
    Experts have found a way to trigger an out-of-body experience in volunteers.
    The experiments, described in the Science journal, offer a scientific explanation for a phenomenon experienced by one in 10 people.

Two teams used virtual reality goggles to con the brain into thinking the body was located elsewhere.

The visual illusion plus the feel of their real bodies being touched made volunteers sense that they had moved outside of their physical bodies.

The researchers say their findings could have practical applications, such as helping take video games to the next level of virtuality so the players feel as if they are actually inside the game.

Clinically, surgeons might also be able to perform operations on patients thousands of miles away by controlling a robotic virtual self.

Teleported

For some, out-of-body experiences or OBEs occurs spontaneously, while for others it is linked to dangerous circumstances, a near-death experience, a dream-like state or use of alcohol or drugs.

One theory is that it is down to how people perceive their own body - those unhappy or less in touch with their body are more likely to have an OBE.

But the two teams, from University College London, UK, and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, believe there is a neurological explanation.
    Read everything
    “Every integral man has inside him, in his heart of hearts, a mystic center around which all else revolves. This mystic whirling lends unity to his thoughts and actions; it helps him find or invent the cosmic harmony. For some this center is love, for others kindness or beauty, others the thirst for knowledge or the longing for gold and power. They examine the relative value of all else and subordinate it to this central passion.” - Nikos Kazantzakis, 'Report to Greco'

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 @ 12:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That's pretty interesting. I've had OBEs before, but they were stimulated by deep meditation.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    While I've sometimes after deep reading or meditation felt very disconnected or dissassociated from my body, I've never actually had an OBE. But I do find it intriguing and would like to experience it someday.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2018 @ 03:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    California California
    Zodiac Sign
    Aquarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Telecommunications
    Politics
    Libertarian/Neo-Imperialist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    For some, out-of-body experiences or OBEs occurs spontaneously, while for others it is linked to dangerous circumstances, a near-death experience, a dream-like state or use of alcohol or drugs.
    I once read an account of a near death experience where the nearly dead man went to a bar and saw people getting drunk and passing out. He said he saw ghosts sitting around the bar waiting to dive into the body of the freshly unconscious people so they could experience drunkenness again, if only for a moment.

Kind of creepy. Reason enough for me to never, ever want to be that drunk, for any reason. Just in case.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, August 15th, 2019 @ 03:11 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-M405
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1
    Country
    State
    California California
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Property management
    Politics
    Germanic Preservation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I've had one OBE, I was laying on my couch and all the sudden I left my body went into space, circled the world once (within like 3 or 4 seconds) and came crashing down into my body.

I also have strange memories of things I've done where I watch myself do whatever it was. Its been more than 2 years since all this happened.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 13th, 2010 @ 02:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Lower Saxony Lower Saxony
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Doesn't explain the real out of body experiences where people actually sensed stuff that was later confirmed although they were clinically dead.
    Some die hard materialists want to prove everything just a psychological state and do not even consider the possibility of supernatural phenomena and do not realise that creating a similar feeling doesn't make it the same. Sadness makes people cry. Onions make people cry,too. Similar conclusion: onions can make people artificially sad

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 26th, 2010 @ 08:57 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've had a lot of out of body experiences. It usually happens when I have been stressed, had an irregular sleeping schedule, and poor eating. But I have been able to recreate out of body experiences via binaural beats. Two good free programs are SBaGen http://uazu.net/sbagen and Gnaural (which I personally recommend, especially for beginners) http://gnaural.sourceforge.net/

You need to listen with headphones that do not mix the sound channels, it has to be stereo sound. In Windows to do this make sure your speakers setting is "desktop speakers" and NOT "headphones" because the headphones setting mixes sound channels. For many people, myself included, binaural beats can be disappointing if you listen casually, it doesn't tend to produce an effect.

You may feel as though it's just a hoax, but you have to listen intently and cannot have an overactive mind. Breathing deeply and closing your eyes and just letting you mind lock into the sound is the best way to make it work. It depends on the frequencies used too. The default sequence in Gnaural is a good introduction, if you listen to it for maybe 15 minutes you should feel something if you take my advice. You will not go out of body probably, but you will feel a relaxation. I've noticed after listening to these beats, if I go to sleep it is more likely I will have an out of body experience. Take it for what it's worth. If you are interested I can give you more tips.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast