View Poll Results: Should we immunise against diseases?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    12 57.14%
  • No

    9 42.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Immunisations

  1. #11
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 @ 08:44 AM
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Gender
    Posts
    1,479
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Next World View Post
    I think I'd be entirely thrilled. I love when children die. Let's be serious--I'd feel just how I'd feel if they had died from something that they couldn't have received a vaccination from. I'd be upset, because they were my children and then they died. I'm sure I'd deal with it, though.

    I would let him get better. People do get better without treatment. Do you think wild animals walk into the veterinary office? Or do they just stay healthy? Or if they get sick, do they all just fall over and die? Our bodies are very capable of caring for themselves. People have cured themselves of cancer without "treatment". If my child could not do that, then I suppose he would die, and I would have to accept that, however hurtful it would be.

    If you would not seek treatment or do whatever possible to help your child recover from a terminal illness, or any serious illness for that matter, I would hope you do not have children. To sit there and watch your child die is disgusting, I'm sorry.

  2. #12
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Gender
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horned God View Post
    I understand that some parents don't see the need to vaccinate for illnesses which don't appear to exist, but the thing is they do still exist.
    I've never known a parent who is against vaccination to be against it because they think that the diseases don't exist anymore. (Most anti-vaccers are far more knowledgeable about diseases, vaccinations and immunity than those who never question the validity or safety of it and just do it because its what they are told to do.) It is usually a matter of being concerned about the possible adverse side effects of the vaccines, combined with being sceptical about whether or not they actually work as they are claimed to!

    I remember having these sorts of debates, VERY in depth, when I was an active member of a popular parenting board years ago... I had soooo much info at one time about how vaccinations work, how effective they actually are, what the possible side-effects are etc etc. (A lot of this info came from my nursing days too.) But I would have to search for it now to back up my claims with evidence, and I just can't be bothered. :p So you will either just have to take my word for it, or search for the info yourself (there's plenty of it out there) - all of the stats I've seen, point to the lowered incidences of diseases that are now vaccinated against being a result of factors other than vaccination... eg, factors like improved hygiene and nutrition. Many of the diseases now vaccinated against were on the decline BEFORE the vaccinations were ever introduced onto the market by large pharmaceutical companies.


    Quote Originally Posted by Horny
    Without mass vaccination there would be the recurrence of the widespread childhood epidemic's, yes epidemics of Measles, Mumps and Rubella. Some children used to catch all three illnesses and longterm care homes in the early 20th century were full of the unfortunate brain-damaged measles casualties.
    Measles, mumps and rubella are not usually so devastating. You are more likely to have extreme, life-threatening complications from influenza. Don't believe all of the propaganda that you read. Be critical. Contrast and compare.

    Childhood diseases were most ferocious in the early days of industrialisation due to unhygienic living standards (poor sewerage management etc) of newly formed, densely populated urban centres. As masses of country dwellers descended upon inadequate cities, resources and infrastructure were stretched beyond their limits, and this had repercussions on the health status of the inhabitants.

    Luckily in time, this was resolved.

    And why Rubella is vaccinated against in young babies is beyond me... it is an EXTREMELY MILD disease, many people don't even know they've got it when they do, and the only real threat that it poses is if a pregnant woman catches it... but then other diseases can cause birth defects in unborn babies if the mother catches them during pregnancy too... yet no one harps on about how the entire population should be vaccinated against them from the age of 12 months!!


    Unfortunately the only measurable effect such a vaccine will have, will be on your wallet. Homeopathy is really just a form of "counseling"; if you feel better afterward then fine.However if worked against contagious diseases like Measles and Mumps they should have more or less disappeared in the 1800's. They didn't. Instead it took modern vaccination (which can count Smallpox and at least in the western world, Polio, among it's successes), to significantly reduce the incidence of those illnesses.
    I agree with you that homeopathic vaccination is ineffective.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Mrs. Lyfing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Location
    Where the mountains are
    Gender
    Age
    37
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Next World View Post
    I think I'd be entirely thrilled. I love when children die. Let's be serious--I'd feel just how I'd feel if they had died from something that they couldn't have received a vaccination from. I'd be upset, because they were my children and then they died. I'm sure I'd deal with it, though. People are getting weaker and weaker physically and emotionally with each generation. I really wonder how my fourth-great-grandmother felt laying eight of her children to death before her. For some reason, I don't think she'd be in favor of vaccination, either, though. Just the same as she wouldn't excuse one of her sons from doing the amount of work he needed to get done because he was weak, just the same as she wouldn't excuse herself from her work due to fatigue, just the same as she wouldn't excuse the fact that things need to keep moving.
    You would deal with it? Hmmmmmmm? It is obvious you are not a mother. You would be upset? No, your life would be over if you lost a child, I promise. If not, then you don't need children.

    Your fourth great-grandmother didn't have the opportunities we have now with medicine,Without medicine "things wouldn't keep moving" A lot would stop because of deaths.
    I would let him get better. People do get better without treatment. Do you think wild animals walk into the veterinary office? Or do they just stay healthy? Or if they get sick, do they all just fall over and die? Our bodies are very capable of caring for themselves. People have cured themselves of cancer without "treatment". If my child could not do that, then I suppose he would die, and I would have to accept that, however hurtful it would be.
    Animals are another subject, but Yes, many animals go to a Vet.

    So, you are telling me you would sit your son/daughter down & explain to them that mommy doesn't believe in medicine so there will be no help & your going to die?

    And which site did you just read that off of? Where do you get your information from? I have plenty of convincing scientific evidence for my purposes, and what's more, I see the stuff with my own eyes. Above that--Autism is not the only concern. The coveted "ADD" is also attributed to many vaccines, as well as actual physical problems. Some vaccines even kill people. The actual number of infant deaths related to vaccination will probably never be known, as the medical establishment likes to refer to the majority of infant deaths as SIDS, even when it is something with a clear-cut cause.
    Well, I know someone who is Autistic, I have read from many different things, books, doctors, not just a Site. Vaccines kill people rarely.

    Well, then. Tendencies toward overweight are also highly heritable. Does that mean that we should stuff everyone full of junk food and encourage them not to work out? Your argument isn't even an argument. It is entirely non-sequitur. Even if every horrible thing that happens to people was in more cases an attribute of genetics than of environment, there is no reason to act as though the environment means nothing--especially when it is so much more easily controlled than genetics. Responsible parents do their best to prevent problems. Just as most parents wouldn't hand their kid a brick of lard and tell them to eat up, because such practices have been shown to increase health risks, parents who are genuinely informed and concerned about the issue will not have their children, especially at young ages, vaccinated.
    Oh yea My argument is an argument ... Your examples above are poor ones.

    There is the potential of regret with every decision. The only people I know who are better informed about this issue are the doctors I have consulted about it and the families I know where vaccinations have changed their course of life, either by creating autism in a child who was born healthy, or any other number of heart-wrenching things. I check my facts, I don't talk out of my ass, and I don't let my soft spot for babies and fluffy kittens guide my world view.
    Autism can not be blamed on immunizations, there is no scientific proof, if there was, don't you think they would change some things? Check your facts again, by people who do not believe what you do...get their view.
    If you go to some Quack who believes in this blame & crap of coarse they will feed you their ideas. Ya, there is some out of the ass talk going on ...

    Nor do I let my love for babies and fluffy kittens guide my world, I am 26 years old, not a girl, but a Mother.

    Oh really? I was advised to get braces when I was around 8 or 9 years old. I told my mother not to bother. Strangely enough, as soon as my mother told the dentist that she didn't think I needed braces--my "need" for them became entirely less severe and within a year, went away. The same thing is happening with my wisdom teeth. The same thing happened with my tonsils. Doctors in our country advise a lot of things because it makes them a lot of money. If you're so naive as to believe that everyone in the medical establishment truly just wants to "help people", you ought to think a little bit harder about your choices as a parent.
    Thats great, I am not saying you should always need medicine but some cases are just different than braces...sorry.

    I had chicken pox when I was a kid, it's common, it rarely ever harms people. I'm fine. Why should I get my child vaccinated for chicken pox? Why should I get my child vaccinated for the flu? If "polio is dead" why should I get my child a polio shot? If I lived in a small village in Africa, I might consider vaccination, but living in what is a relatively cleanly, civilized environment, I don't see a reason for vaccinating myself or my children.
    Do you know what kind of germs your child will be around at school? You and your child may be the cleanest & the healthiest but the others won't be.
    I received a chicken pox vaccination as a baby, & guess what, it didn't make me sick nor have I ever had chicken pox & I don't have Autism ...whata shocker!


    Why don't you catch HIV so you can get the substantiative treatments they have for it now? Many homosexuals go around trying to contract HIV because it is now possible for people to live fulfilling lives with HIV without developing AIDS.

    You should go get HIV because it may prevent you from getting AIDS.
    First of all thats the most stupid comment yet...your age is shining through & through....You will learn.


    I knew somebody would ask me this. The answer is: rarely. When I do take medicine, it is usually for the sake of expediting a remedy, rather than being in itself the remedy. Usually when I am sick, I fast and I sleep. If I don't have the time to recover Naturally, because I have school and other such things, then I will consider medication. I see a difference.
    So you take medicine but wouldn't let your children? Hmmmmmm?

    I have nothing more to say on this subject. Your poor Children.
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

  4. #14
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    The Horned God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Friday, June 30th, 2017 @ 08:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Age
    41
    Family
    Single adult
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridie
    all of the stats I've seen, point to the lowered incidences of diseases that are now vaccinated against being a result of factors other than vaccination... eg, factors like improved hygiene and nutrition.
    Does that include Polio and Smallpox?

    Regarding the pre-industrialisation argument; if children are malnourished then they are certainly at greater risk of many diseases, however, many or most modern city dwelling children are also malnourished enough to have under performing immune systems due to a very poor diet consisting largly of sweets and junk food. In terms of infection due to over-crowding, Creches and a classrooms are crowded enough to allow ample chance for transmission of infections.

    Reports show that Society as whole was actually at it's best nourished in the period of rationing during and after and the second world war, but adequate nutrition alone, in the absence of vaccination, didn't prevent measles out-breaks.



    This is the situation in Ireland as it was in 2001;

    Between 150 and 235 cases were reported annually between 1995 and 1999.

    However, during this period, scientists presented what was described as evidence of a possible link between the MMR jab and both autism and bowel disease.

    Despite reassurances, public confidence in the vaccine was jolted, and immunisation rates dropped off.

    Hospitalised

    Last year, Ireland suffered the consequences.

    Over the year, there were more than 1,500 cases of measles, hundreds of young children had to be hospitalised, some suffering from dangerous inflammation of the brain. Two did not survive, and many more were left with long-lasting disabilities.

    Celine Daly's young daughter cannot walk properly, months after the infection.

    She said: "She is back to being like a new-born baby now, she's still not the same."

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1100174.stm
    Measles is a serious disease. If a child gets it, the chances are good they'll need hospitalisation;


    The medical newspaper Pulse has warned that there could be a measles epidemic this winter on a scale last seen in the 1960s.

    It said that lowering levels of immunity meant as many as 12% of children and 20% of adults could be hospitalised if infected by measles.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3708318.stm
    Childhood Vacination against measles also prevents the adult form of the disease, "Shingles" which is invariably very nasty if not also occasionally life threatening.

    As for comparing Measles with Flu, well Flu can also be serious for babies and I believe it may soon be recommended that babies and very young children especially those with asthma get the Flu jab as well.As for your assertion that Flu being more likely to cause serious complications than Measles, well, I'll hold off on stating an opinion on that, until I see a convincing report.

    The final point I'll make on all of this, is that the statistics published by all western governments on the matter seem to show, pretty clearly, that the risks of not vaccinating children are higher than any associated with vaccinating them.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Next World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Posts
    470
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    You would deal with it? Hmmmmmmm? It is obvious you are not a mother. You would be upset? No, your life would be over if you lost a child, I promise. If not, then you don't need children.
    Really? It's funny that you'd say a mother's life is over when she loses a child. She's hurt, without a doubt, to different degrees depending upon the circumstances, but I know plenty of women and men who are still living, and quite well, despite having lost children. I dare you to look any of them in the eye and tell them that their lives are over. Better yet, tell it to the children they still have and love and care for on a daily basis.

    Your fourth great-grandmother didn't have the opportunities we have now with medicine,Without medicine "things wouldn't keep moving" A lot would stop because of deaths.
    A lot of progress is also being prevented on multiple planes due to a lack of deaths. Are you saying that you support keeping people on life support when all they can do is stare at a wall and blink--and some not even that? Are you saying that you think people with inheritable conditions that typically kill an individual before they have a chance to reproduce should be maintained until they can reproduce and allowed to?

    My fourth great-grandmother also didn't have a television. Am I evil because I don't watch TV? My fourth great-grandmother also did not live in a country possessing nuclear weapons. My fourth great-grandmother also did not go out to the store to purchase food that is literally carcinogenic as if it's normal.

    Not all advancements truly help societies or individuals. You think that just because you have been told "all doctors are good and all that they do is for the good of the people" that it is true. It is not the truth. Doctors do harmful things, often intentionally, often unintentionally.

    Animals are another subject, but Yes, many animals go to a Vet.
    I was talking about wild animals, you know, like out in the woods and stuff. They don't go there and check themselves in.

    So, you are telling me you would sit your son/daughter down & explain to them that mommy doesn't believe in medicine so there will be no help & your going to die?
    No. You're not reading this properly. I do not believe in polluting the body in unnecessary ways. I believe in medicine--so long as it is within the course of the Natural ways. What's more--if my child were automatically destined to die without medicine, he might as well. I don't care how sick that sounds, but sheesh. Who hasn't had a cold and gotten over it without medicine? It's a Natural bodily function. I wouldn't see a point in keeping a child alive who could not digest properly, if he couldn't use his immune system to a decent level, why would that be any different.

    Vaccines kill people rarely.
    Same with chicken pox. The point is, getting chicken pox makes one sick for a while, then they recover. There are problems associated with vaccinations that are in comparison huge and unnecessary risks.

    Oh yea My argument is an argument ... Your examples above are poor ones.
    Care to explain how on either point?

    Autism can not be blamed on immunizations, there is no scientific proof, if there was, don't you think they would change some things? Check your facts again, by people who do not believe what you do...get their view.
    I believe how I do because I have studied this for a while. Autism can't be blamed on immunizations in the same way that high crime rates cannot be blamed on black people. No, we can't directly say that all black people will always yield high crime rates, but they certainly have been shown to contribute to it.

    If you go to some Quack who believes in this blame & crap of coarse they will feed you their ideas. Ya, there is some out of the ass talk going on ...
    The doctor I visit is a real doctor. Homeopathic doctors are required to study longer and further than regular doctors. I chose my doctor because she practices the kind of medicine I accept. I chose my doctor because she is a reasonable person, knows what is appropriate when and why. My doctor does write prescriptions. I talk to other doctors, too, though. I have the audacity to ask medical experts about things for my own personal knowledge. She is in my main human source outside of myself and my mother for Naturopathic knowledge, but she is not the only.

    And it's not that I'm putting blame on something--I'm taking responsibility for my organism.

    Thats great, I am not saying you should always need medicine but some cases are just different than braces...sorry.
    What's with the sorry? Do you think you were being witty? The point is that doctors lie excessively in order to make money. I never needed any of the procedures mentioned, but they are easy, socially accepted procedures that help them to make a quick buck.

    Do you know what kind of germs your child will be around at school? You and your child may be the cleanest & the healthiest but the others won't be.
    The cleanliest aren't the healthiest. And FYI, I'll be homeschooling my children. The idea of homeschooling actually makes me MORE inclined to look at vaccination options because my children will NOT be as exposed to as many diseases and thus won't build as many immunities if they don't attend a public school. I think whatever choir or sports or clubs they are in ought to handle it, though.

    I received a chicken pox vaccination as a baby, & guess what, it didn't make me sick nor have I ever had chicken pox & I don't have Autism ...whata shocker!
    The chicken pox vaccine wasn't available to the US until 1995. I find it funny that you're trying to play up your age and your maturity, yet I was five years old and had already become immune to chicken pox when you were a "baby" and allegedly got it. Were you born in Japan?

    You can laugh and giggle about it all you want now, and plenty of people do. When they're the ones with the autistic children, they realize why people feel how I do. Just how you claim I'll "feel" the way you do when I become a mother. I don't think I'm going to be the hyperintensive sort.

    First of all thats the most stupid comment yet...your age is shining through & through....You will learn.
    I'm entirely serious. It is now possible for people with HIV to be maintained without developing AIDS. We all ought to take the preventative measure of contracting HIV so that we can be sustained with it now and won't develop AIDS. Obviously, if we don't knowingly put a preventative manner into our system, our bodies will not be able to handle it. One of these days, we'll just be walking down the street and HIV will come up out of nowhere and give us AIDS! It'll be too late by then. Seriously. Everybody should go get the HIV right now.

    So you take medicine but wouldn't let your children? Hmmmmmm?
    So you can't read, but you expect your children to be able to?

    I think medicine is fine to a point. I do not rely on medicine to make my body better, I rely on it to quicken my body's Natural ability to make itself better. It is not the medicine's job to save my life, it is my body's job. Medicine is the oar I put in my rowboat, not the motor I slap on the back.

    I have nothing more to say on this subject. Your poor Children.
    Your poor children.


    Quote Originally Posted by mischak View Post
    If you would not seek treatment or do whatever possible to help your child recover from a terminal illness, or any serious illness for that matter, I would hope you do not have children. To sit there and watch your child die is disgusting, I'm sorry.
    Don't be sorry if it's something you truly mean.

    You people read too much into things. I will not seek treatment for myself or for my children when avoidable and sensible. That doesn't mean I won't help my child to recover or that I don't help myself.

    I'd rather put my child on a macrobiotic diet and bring him to pranic healing circles now and then, let him live as normally as possible, and recover on his own, than to slap him into a cancer ward where he can be even more sick from radiation day in and day out.

    Oh, it's so horrible to practice the alternative (Natural) healing arts! May those like me burn in hell for trusting what God and Nature have given to us on the planet and within ourselves.

    A lot of people I've known have had serious illnesses, a lot of them have had cancer.

    My Oma sought no treatment for her cancer, but she didn't take care of herself. Nobody knew she had it until she was dead. I do not support this sort of behavior. Ignorance to one's own medical state is sad, especially when it is chosen.

    Out of the many people I know who have sought treatment, the overwhelming majority of them have either relapsed severely or died. I know a few women who have recovered in full from breast cancer because their tumors were fully amputated on the first shot. However, these people don't have good odds.

    Then there are the people I know who have not sought treatment, but have been cured. The only person I know who had childhood leukemia and had no relapse was someone who did nothing, other than having stopped eating overly processed foods, and started going to church. It's not like his cancer was any less severe or he was any stronger in general.

    And if my child were to die, I'd rather that he is at home with his family, feeling the warmth of love, than in some cold hospital bed feeling ill from his last session.





    I suppose, by your standards, most everybody is sick. There are children dying from diseases everywhere right now--why aren't you out lobbying for free and mandatory vaccinations throughout all of Africa, South and Central America? Why aren't you adopting Chinese orphans so that they can come here and get our medical treatment? Why aren't you combing the streets for people who need vaccines?

    Because you don't care about those people, because you don't know them. I will take responsibility for my children, but I will not change the application of my world view to apply to "everyone, except my kids", or negate it entirely. My children will be human (as human as I, at least), they will be the same sort of animal as all of those starving babies in outer Mongolia or the toddlers with AIDS in Africa. I'm not going to change my view of Natural Selection if it turns out that my kids have poor immunity, just the same as it wouldn't make sense for me to change my view of abortion because my daughter got pregnant when she wasn't "ready", or for someone to decide that even though homosexuality is a sin in their eyes, it's OK for their son.

    If, when my children are of a reasonable age, they become informed of vaccination issues, which I'm sure they will, and they decide that they would like to be vaccinated, then that's fine. I will not have them vaccinated, though, just the same as every vaccination offered to be is turned down.





    Who here has gotten Gardasil or is letting their daughter get it? I'm not getting it, as I have no reason to. On top of that, it has already (within such a short running time) killed several girls and made a disproportionate number of recipients sick. Even if I were having sex, it would be with one trusted partner, and even if he didn't know he had HPV, there's less than 1% of a chance that it would matter in any way, and a fraction of a fraction of that would yield a serious result. I certainly don't feel that the states or even universities should have the right to make it mandatory, especially when the negative side effects have shown themselves in such great and grave numbers.
    Polygamy: it might not be for you, but what right do you have to keep it from me?

  6. #16
    Senior Member Istigkeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 27th, 2009 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    Scottish, Alsatian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Gender
    Posts
    1,006
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Next World View Post
    Who here has gotten Gardasil or is letting their daughter get it? I'm not getting it, as I have no reason to. On top of that, it has already (within such a short running time) killed several girls and made a disproportionate number of recipients sick. Even if I were having sex, it would be with one trusted partner, and even if he didn't know he had HPV, there's less than 1% of a chance that it would matter in any way, and a fraction of a fraction of that would yield a serious result. I certainly don't feel that the states or even universities should have the right to make it mandatory, especially when the negative side effects have shown themselves in such great and grave numbers.
    I actually thought that over when I first heard about and discussed it with my mother, who had cervical cancer. Unless you're promiscuous, it's really unnecessary. I've only had sex with one person (both virgins before anyway) and plan on keeping it that way, so why should I get it? It is just another pointless procedure like most of the antibiotics on the market. They just make us weaker as it is.

    On the chicken pox vaccine: My brother got that when he was born, and now instead of the two-weeks of chicken pox like my sister, mother, his father, my father, and I, etc, had, he gets cold sores about every 3 weeks, 10 1/2 years after the vaccination. Two-weeks of chicken pox sounds a lot better.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Brynhild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Friday, May 8th, 2009 @ 02:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Subrace
    Heinz variety
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    New South Wales New South Wales
    Location
    South Coast
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Family
    It's nobody's business!
    Occupation
    Cleaner/Home duties
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was a parent who thought I was doing the right thing by vaccinating my kids against diseases. I got a hell of a fright when one of my nephews nearly died from meningitis when I was pregnant with my first.

    Since I've taken a more holistic approach to my family's and my health, I came across some research in regards to what goes into the vaccines, and I'm more frightened by the lack of information and feedback that parents get in order to make the right decisions for themselves.

    People need to get naturally sick in order to build up an immunity against these diseases. But in saying that, I don't live in a 3rd world country where diseases like Cholera, Typhoid and Malaria are present. I don't live in those countries where poor hygiene is also present either. Although I voted no, I agree that sometimes, vaccines are necessary but so, too, are good hygienic practises.

    There is still an ongoing debate about vaccinations and Autism. I won't rule out that possibility, but I have one autistic child out of three. It's the same argument with genetics. Nobody really knows for sure.

    What really concerns me about vaccinations are the long-term side effects (they don't know - or for fear of financial reprisal, they won't divulge what they know) and that the world's population are getting sicker, not healthier. There are loads of reasons for that, but I think vaccinations are one of them.
    Dick Dastardly: "MUTTLEY, DO SOMETHING!!!!"
    Muttley: "Hehehehehehehehehe"

    "And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." - Albus Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Gender
    Posts
    2,673
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Axis
    vaccination is mandatory in Europe
    Not quite. At least in the Netherlands, there are quite a few Christians who consider vaccination a sign of distrust in divine providence and therefore refuse to vaccinate their children - and they are allowed to do so based on their freedom of religion.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Brynhild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Friday, May 8th, 2009 @ 02:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Subrace
    Heinz variety
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    New South Wales New South Wales
    Location
    South Coast
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Family
    It's nobody's business!
    Occupation
    Cleaner/Home duties
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There is a new vaccine for cervical cancer in Australia that they are implementing in schools for teenage girls to get the shot.

    I told my daughter in no uncertain terms that she won't be taking the vaccine, and ripped the form up. I'm willing to bet it will be recommended that women still have their regular check-ups anyway.

    Ye Gods, if this isn't another scare-mongering tactic, it's an excuse for girls to think: "Hey, I can have a load of partners and still avoid cancer by taking the shot."

    The establishment can go stick their needles where the sun don't shine!
    Dick Dastardly: "MUTTLEY, DO SOMETHING!!!!"
    Muttley: "Hehehehehehehehehe"

    "And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." - Albus Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, October 19th, 2008 @ 04:59 PM
    Age
    44
    Posts
    44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    When you have children your not going to give them any of the immunizations the doctor of Your Choice suggests?
    And, if you didn't, and your child became ill & died how would you feel?
    Having a perfectly normal child develop autism would devastate me just as much if not more.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    And also, Autism caused from vaccines are controversial and the vaccine hypotheses lack convincing scientific evidence.
    Autism is highly heritable, although the genetics of autism are complex and it is generally unclear which genes are responsible. Children who develop Autism that was inherited happens much more than from a vaccine.
    There is a recent scientific study linking the two. If I come across the source I will post it. Who knows if there is a linkage with other diseases later in life such as MS. These studies are not aggressively being done, I fear because of nefarious motives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    If babies didn't need it they wouldn't advise it. Ya bla bla bla it may cause this or that but walking down the street may cause you to get run over by a car.
    I remember just a few years ago, Saddam Hussein was going to spread Small Pox to everyone in America, or so the propaganda went. Millions upon millions of vaccines were produced. Military was forced to take them. The threat was completely unfounded, yet someone made a pretty penny off of the vaccines. If I advised you of some wonderful beach front property in Arizona would you be interested?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Both my children were, I was, everyone I know was, and we are all just fine
    Anecdotal evidence... hardly "scientific"



    The idea of a vaccine is great. It served a great purpose with polio. I am all for being immune to disease, but there are risks and benefits to everything. The ideal way to avoid disease is have everyone around you take the vaccine with its associated risk, effectively eliminating your risk of contracting the disease. Of course, in the civilized nations today, the powers that be insist on forcing scum from the third world upon us, always risking the reintroduction of previously eradicated disease. Oh the joys of diversity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •