View Poll Results: Do you believe in equality between men and women?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

104 42.80%
  • No.

111 45.68%
  • Other.

28 11.52%
Page 1 of 41 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe in Equality Between Men and Women?

Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 11:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Exclamation Do You Believe in Equality Between Men and Women?

I am not sure where to put this Thread so if it needs moved please do so.

Today I have heard some statements about what Women should & should not be able to do. Although, the source isn't very source reliant I wonder if any males here would agree that Women are not equal to Men? Should we Vote? Should we be in Politics? Why and Why Not?

Do you respect Women or do you just think they should be home cleaning,cooking,etc?

Do you value the Women on the Althing?
    & for the lovely ladies...have you ever experienced things of this nature?

Please no horrible statements which will cause infractions or closing of the Thread...
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I think this would be the approptiate section for gender role issues.

Women?

I'll be bloody honest here and don't get me wrong, but I always got along better with men. It either seems to be that women are af(in/)fected by the superficiality of our age more, or it has to do with my own personality and the fact that I had little to none family support growing up, which made me cynical and independent.
    Being a general trend that women are more dependent than men in various social settings, I just can't relate to most women that expect everything to be handed to them because they're pretty or simply...female.

I made some attempts to make some female friends lately, which soon went down the drain, as from our first encounters they started talking about their sexual adventures and/or the lack of them thereof -and only that.
    Is he good for me? Will he call me? What do you think he meant by that? Etc, etc.....

The very few women I have encountered in my life who actually have interests and an entity of their own (some of them in this forum), I hold high respect & admiration for.

Are they equal to men? No. And they shouldn't be.
    That doesn't mean they're better or worse.
    It merely means they're different, their sociobiology is different and their gender roles are different. Nothing to be ashamed about, they both offer their valuable contributions and their fates are interwoven.

As for the voting/politics issue:
    I think it's the majority of people that should be excluded from voting & politics, not just women.

Last Online
    Monday, June 7th, 2010 @ 01:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Do you respect Women or do you just think they should be home cleaning,cooking,etc?
    Does one necessarily eliminate the other? Maybe we're just not respecting cleaning, cooking &c these days.

I have not made my mind up about this. I do think today's society focuses too much on money and carreers; women postpone building a family, parents spend too much time working rather than being with their children, and so on. It would probably be a good thing if the mother would stay away from work until the child goes to school, and if all the children's mothers were with the children at the day nursery, so that the child wouldn't be left without its mother, and the mother wouldn't be alone with its child all days for years.

Or maybe it's a good thing for a child to be completely away from its mother during the days? I don't know. It seems like a long time without parents though, who then come home all tired from work, watch some tv, go to bed.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ÆinvargR View Post
    I have not made my mind up about this. I do think today's society focuses too much on money and carreers; women postpone building a family, parents spend too much time working rather than being with their children, and so on. It would probably be a good thing if the mother would stay away from work until the child goes to school, and if all the children's mothers were with the children at the day nursery, so that the child wouldn't be left without its mother, and the mother wouldn't be alone with its child all days for years.
    I agree mostly,it probably is better for mothers to stay home,money wise some just can't. Some are single moms who have no choice but to work everyday. It would be hard for me to leave my daughter everyday,she is almost 4 but I am lucky & have a reliable husband to take care of us.

Quote Originally Posted by ÆinvargR View Post
    Or maybe it's a good thing for a child to be completely away from its mother during the days? I don't know. It seems like a long time without parents though, who then come home all tired from work, watch some tv, go to bed.
    Very true. I wish people would dedicate themselves to their children & family always.
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ÆinvargR
    I do think today's society focuses too much on money and carreers; women postpone building a family, parents spend too much time working rather than being with their children, and so on.
    I wouldn't want to have children if I couldn't stay with them, at least during the first couple of years.
    And staying at home to raise the kids does not make one an uneducated housewife.
    In some countries you can still study, work part-time, do your own thing and take care of the kids at the same time. Provided that your husband's income is adequate, of course.

So, I mean to say that it is capitalism and today's society that forces most women out of the home and makes them postpone or abort the family issue altogether -because in most cases, a couple can't afford to bring up their children or even to support themselves with the husband's salary alone.
    I know it's not that bad in Scandinavia (yet) but in Greece and other countries, it is. Salaries are not enough for peanuts and state benefits are non-existent.
    Hell, you can even get fired from work for getting pregnant. Some companies even force you to sign that you won't. This is one of the most ruthless faces of capitalism.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Axis View Post
    I'll be bloody honest here and don't get me wrong, but I always got along better with men. It either seems to be that women are af(in/)fected by the superficiality of our age more, or it has to do with my own personality and the fact that I had little to none family support growing up, which made me cynical and independent.
    Being a general trend that women are more dependent than men in various social settings, I just can't relate to most women that expect everything to be handed to them because they're pretty or simply...female.
    I always got along with men better as well,even trusting them more,usually,although I have had a few girl friends that were loyal & made the best girlfriends. They are far & few tho

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Axis View Post
    I made some attempts to make some female friends lately, which soon went down the drain, as from our first encounters they started talking about their sexual adventures and/or the lack of them thereof -and only that.
    Is he good for me? Will he call me? What do you think he meant by that? Etc, etc.....
    Yea, very annoying behavior for more mature ladies. I think there can definitely be to much "girly"

Naturbursche
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It lies in the Eye of the Beholder of if the Women should stay at Home and do Homework or if she should go into Business.

I'm not against any of those. It's their Decision. I could never be happy with a women which only stays at home and cares for the Home and the Children and cook for me. I could also never be happy with a Women who's always gone and busy.
    A Woman in the Middle is perfect. Because a Woman shouldn't be totally dependent on her Husband nor totally focuses on herself and her carrier.

Gruß,
    Boche
    "We Germans fear God, but nothing else in the world; and already that godliness is it, which let us love and foster peace."
    - Otto von Bismarck, 1888

Last Online
    Sunday, October 19th, 2008 @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are men and women equal? No. In fact, no two people are equal, much less two races or genders. Nature does not follow egalitarianism.

Should women vote? I don't think anyone should vote. Democracy is mob rule. Voting will change nothing. Should women be involved in politics? I don't see why not, women can be effective leaders. Maybe we need a woman's touch to get meaningful change...

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 04:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olen View Post
    Should women vote? I don't think anyone should vote. Democracy is mob rule. Voting will change nothing. Should women be involved in politics? I don't see why not, women can be effective leaders. Maybe we need a woman's touch to get meaningful change...
    I agree on voting as mob rule. I don't mind women voting. Men are better voters, IMHO more likely to arrive at a rational viewpoint.

I don't see why I should hold a viewpoint on women working / staying at home. There are too many individual circumstances.

Senior Member Soldier of Wodann's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 11:01 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I don't think we are equal because we are essentially too different. Any attempt to minimize these differences, as has been done by feminism and liberalism is a huge insult to both men and women, and is essentially telling you that you are the same as the opposite gender, just with different sexual organs. It is typical for liberalism to subvert such a thing to its lowest and most perverse possible level, namely physical differences, and quite frankly I find is disgusting. Which rights they should and should not have would be very clear if our societies weren't as degenerate as they are today.

We are born to fight and to die and to continue the Flow
    The Flow of our People

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.

Page 1 of 41 12345611 ... LastLast