View Poll Results: Do you believe in equality between men and women?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

104 42.80%
  • No.

111 45.68%
  • Other.

28 11.52%
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe in Equality Between Men and Women?

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
    I think both males and females are capable of devotion.
    Yes, I have misworded it, it's about a type of devotion, a type where you give up social bondings, which is a prerequisite to create a new social group, a society, that's why the housewife gatherings are not what I understand about social groups, a social group (society) needs to separate itself from others, or it's just a mere social gathering, to tighten the already established (by men) social bonds.

But I agree with Blaxis... becoming so consumed by a computer game that one's whole life revolves around it to the detriment of other areas of one's life is actually a sign of mental dysfunction.
    E.g. A. Hitler had to do the same, that A. Hitler did something which was necessary, and not what he liked to do is different, a better example, Kant was the same. He did what he wanted to do, and this with a devotion which cut him off of all social bondings, just to create.
    I agree, that playing a computer game is a one way street in this regard, however they just don't play it, they actually create with it, and many talents have been discovered through this kind of devotion (e.g. people that created art for it), it is not enough, but it is an expression of what is needed as a prerequisite, to say "there are so few women, because they only do stuff that matters" (and I said I don't limit it to a computer game, see Barbie doll collections) would be idiotic at best.
    They simply lack the ability to cut themselves off of societies to really do something on their own.
    Men have the same hurdles, however as a group they overcome it regularly, all (successful) "sub-"cultures today are the product of men, as are the most successful cultures on our planet, women just switch between them, that's why you have female CounterStrike player.
    Yet, most computer addicted females are addicted to chats, social gatherings.

We can't know that exceptional women with leadership abilities have been "non-existant" throughout history.... only a small fraction of history is recorded in word afterall.
    Such greatness is measured in how strong your name burned in the memories of the people. This is no argument. Even those who despise Hitler must acknowledge his greatness, in this regard.

But no doubt, men living in a patriarchal society, where males are given far superior privileges to females from birth, will have more of a chance to succeed to powerful positions.
    The problem is not privileges, it's female dependence on males, in so far I agree, that's why females had to submit themselves to the male.
    In ancient times, this might have been due to strength, however, this might be exactly the reason why females are how they are, it might be a biological reason due to selection.

And as it happens, history has shown that more matriarchal societies were not in possession of written language, so their histories are essentially lost forever.
    The fairytales of the Brothers Grimm, have been written down in the 19th century, however most tales have been around for hundreds or even a thousand of years, without being written down.

That's just disrespectful. Shows that you have no real arguments to support your position.
    Kekekekekeke.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Axis View Post
    Oh, my, his devotion to Medal of Honor clearly shows that he'll make a great politician one day."
    To understand, you have to be capable of logical thinking, people who lack such devotion (females) never will be great politicians, this doesn't mean all males who have this devotion will be great politicians.

So this is a poor analogy.
    What analogy? Anyway, I am sure I could have mentioned Isaac Rothschild or similar (), but he works for the enemy

Even if so, it is poor politics that revolves around gross generalizations. That's why 'we' are losing Because 'our' politicians are basing their arguments on gross generalizations. "It is the jews/immigrants/women/homosexual's fault for the decline of our society"
    Obviously what is said is not true, just because it is said as a generalization, this doesn't mean all generalizations are wrong (logical thinking again )

Successful politics involves an as much in depth analysis of socioeconomic phenomena as can be.
    Yes, and then formulate generalizations, and act accordingly, because it is not possible to please every exception.

But your lack of recognition the existence of all sorts of female social groups as a whole, indicates a vast lack of understanding of the female habits.
    Ya, social groups is a broad term, see my response to Bridie for clarification.

"Intelligent", i.e. career-driven women, ugly women, 40+ women who haven't managed to find a partner yet, say exactly the same thing about themselves:
    Men avoid me because my intelligence intimidates them
    This absolutely not the same, in my example, intelligent men say: All women want me, but I don't want them, because they are not intelligent enough.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Friday, April 20th, 2012 @ 10:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish/English
    Ancestry
    Scotland and England
    Subrace
    Nordid/Bruenn
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Family
    DeFacto Relationship
    Occupation
    IT Analyst
    Politics
    Ride the Tiger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    I am not sure where to put this Thread so if it needs moved please do so.

Today I have heard some statements about what Women should & should not be able to do. Although, the source isn't very source reliant I wonder if any males here would agree that Women are not equal to Men? Should we Vote? Should we be in Politics? Why and Why Not?

Do you respect Women or do you just think they should be home cleaning,cooking,etc?

Do you value the Women on the Althing?
    & for the lovely ladies...have you ever experienced things of this nature?

Please no horrible statements which will cause infractions or closing of the Thread...
    I haven't the time to read replies so here is mine.

No women are not equal to men, the serve a completely different purpose and different roles. Regardless of what feminism and liberal societies say.

No women shouldn't be allowed to vote, nor should anyone. Ideally democratic systems should not even exist.

In regards to respect, I respect the roles they serve. As individual people that differs as respect is earned and not given.

Do I value women on The Althing? Not particularly, in general I find the nature of this forum to be relatively invaluable, with the odd gem showing from time to time. If someone has something of interest to offer I'm going to find it interesting of course.

I assume you wanted an honest opinion so there is mine.
    "For the authentic revolutionary conservative, what really counts is to be faithful not to past forms and institutions, but rather to principles of which such forms and institutions have been particular expressions, adequate for a specific period of time and in a specific geographical area." Julius Evola - Men Among the Ruins

Last Online
    Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTheVistula View Post
    True, but who is going to decide? And how? It is simply impossible to fairly and accurately analyze over 300 million people, thus we have to make group decisions such as "people under 18 years of age may not vote" and "women should not be able to vote"
    People with that kind of lazy attitude should not be allowed to vote. I think it would be entirely possible, reasonable and fair to develop a test for a voter's license. What does it take to cast a good vote? Knowledge of related facts, the seemingly basic intelligence it takes to weigh the facts, and the audacity to make a decision about the facts. It should not be at all hard to test people on this--schools do it often.

Dividing groups along lines of sex or age simply isn't going to cut it, especially if we want it cut well. If the achievement of a High School Diploma or a degree of sorts were in fact representative of what it claims to represent--that would be a good indicator of someone capable of voting. However, people can now graduate without being able to comprehend basic English, with no knowledge of history, and with complete obliviousness to the world around them. Similarly, in "the good ol' days", it was common for land-ownership to qualify a male as a voter. Part of this, of course, was because this person owned a piece of the State so he ought to be able to contribute to the actions involving the State. The other part of this is simple: it was assumed that you were smart and well-bred if you owned land. Either you worked out a plan on your own and found some way to afford land, or you inherited it from your father (it is assumed that he also raised you properly and sent you to school). Obviously, now, ownership of anything isn't a good indicator of someone capable of voting.

• Are you stupid?
    • Are you aware of the past?
    • Are you aware of the present?
    • Do you have your own ideas about things?
    • Can you be objective?

Fairly simply questions that there are all ready many tests to determine the answers for. They'd just need to be made into a decent "mega-test". I'd say it would have to be fill-ins, essay questions, perhaps some charts, or chronologies, though. Being a good guesser doesn't do much for society.

What's more, if only the people who made the effort to go out and earn their voters' licenses were allowed to vote, the process would be much more simplistic.

Plus, it’d be a lot harder for a group of people known to be stupid and ignorant, no matter how great in numbers they are, to overtake a system run by people who are intelligent and knowledgeable. If the vote is taken from women, again, if all political representation is removed–things might go nicely for a while, but in the end, feminism is going to come back... and it’s going to be even uglier, if you can imagine that.
    Polygamy: it might not be for you, but what right do you have to keep it from me?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I believe two aspects where women possess more intelligence than men are aestethics and sexuality. Germanic women in battle would encourage their men by promising them sexual favours for the victory. Men can be controlled by beauty and sex easier than females can. A man would do anything for a beautiful woman. I believe women are more able to control their sexual urges. There are few cases of female rapists compared to male ones.

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 @ 09:44 AM
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagna View Post
    I believe women are more able to control their sexual urges. There are few cases of female rapists compared to male ones.
    Rape often has little to do with actual sexual urges, but more to do with wanting to have power and control over someone

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mischak View Post
    Rape often has little to do with actual sexual urges, but more to do with wanting to have power and control over someone
    That is the popular belief, but it has been proven that it also has to do with sexual urges in some cases. I believe the motive is besides the point anyway. The point is that on average, men have a harder time to control themselves when it comes to anything involving sexuality.

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 @ 09:44 AM
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagna View Post
    That is the popular belief, but it has been proven that it also has to do with sexual urges in some cases. I believe the motive is besides the point anyway.
    I said often. The motive is not beside the point when you're claiming it's because of sexual urges, when in fact the majority of cases have little to do with an uncontrollable or overwhelming desire to have sex, but instead with wanting to have control over someone else.

The point is that on average, men have a harder time to control themselves when it comes to anything involving sexuality.
    Men may have higher sex drives than women, on average, but they're only considered "harder to control" because that is what society allows and sometimes even expects of them.

Last Online
    Monday, March 12th, 2012 @ 02:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Northwest Europe
    Subrace
    Dalo-Faelid w/ Bruenn
    Country
    Other Other
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    student
    Politics
    Representative Town Meeting
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I don't understand the old expectations of women. Perhaps I would if I read into it a little more. All I know is that women are no better or no worse than men, and while women have more of a knack for cleaning and cooking or what have you, I am still guilty when I'm not helping. Call me too modern, but I believe both people in the relationship would be happier if all pitched in. My dad works extremely hard, so that's a limitation of course. However, he does what he can.

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 04:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    It's been stated before, but there are just innate reasons built into us, why a male will tend to be "top dog". Men will always tend to occupy the very top and very bottom of any social structure. Even ugly women have a chance of creating a child, whereas men have to "prove themselves" to others. Men are also not held back in advancing their own interests by child rearing, whereas the best chance for a woman to "improve herself" is by associating with high-value males.

1) Male - tribal chief

2) Female - wife of tribal chief

3) Males - associates & sons of tribal chief

4) Females - wives of leaders

5) Males & Females - ordinary tribal members

6) Females - "easy" & unhealthy women

7) Males - exist outside main group either individually or in small groups, resort to violence, rape, theft

Last Online
    Friday, April 6th, 2012 @ 05:11 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Wisconsin Wisconsin
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So anyways back to the original question.... So obviously nobody is equel to anyone in the same way which has been stated, But
    I belive that in a household, or community setting everyone thats an adult should have their own say on decisions. I was raised by my mother until I was around 5 and that gave me a great appreceation for strong women in my life and I find myself attracted to just that sort of woman. Then MA married the guy I call my Pops, he raised me to be a Man. My mother couldn't have ever tought (<---brain fart) me the things that my Father has....I think in America atleast most everyone is all fucked up with the roles they have to play. Women and men go to work and leave there kids at daycare instead of one of them staying there to raise the kid.....
    I might be ranting but I guess what I'm trying to say is that the world would be much better off if housholds were set-up like viking age homesteads....the man worked and provided but in the end the head woman was in charge of most everything!!

Ha its late and this is too big of a can of worms!!

OX

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast