Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Stance Towards Naturism?

Last Online
    4 Hours Ago @ 04:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Nativism/Nationalism
    Religion
    Summum bonum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    For me, personally, I think it's weird and uncomfortable (also would be incredibly expensive sunscreen-wise). I can't fully explain why but I think there are reasons beyond protection from the elements that people wear clothes, it's like some dignity has been lost (re nudist colonies). I like saunas but I couldn't ever go into one naked, even if it was just other women. I'm not judgmental of this being standard practice in other countries though, they have a different relationship with the human body, just a couple centuries ago it was even normal for my own people to swim naked.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coillearnach For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Daci, Suebi, Carpi & Bastarni
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Single adult
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    Anyway, here's some information I found interesting (from Wikipedia):
    Danke schön!

Also from Wikipedia (Naturism in Germany):
    Germans are typically the most commonly seen foreigners at nude beaches all around Europe.
    Well, not so long ago, I met a German guy who told me something similar (he told me that "Germans are famous for swimming naked in lakes all around Europe!"). And now I read this...

Visiting Germany this summer, I was so shocked to see people going nude in public parks in the heart of the city... Even the commercial to a natural juice shows nude people:

Name:  PurWieValensina_JPFL_Bullets_V2.png
Views: 72
Size:  282.2 KB
    And this commercial appears publicly in Germany, with the two people in natural size, at bus stops, for example... Well, I didn't know Germans are typically so open about nudity, I guess that German guy I met not so long ago opened my eyes about this.

I'm fine with it, of course! I was shocked just because I am not used to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Separate saunas for both genders (like swimming pools, hotels, huge car ferries between Sweden and Finland) ... it is often even denied that one could go to sauna with swimming suits.
    Sounds like the right thing to do! By the way, thanks for the description of Finnish saunas, I didn't know all those things... I wonder if the same rules apply in all Nordic countries, for example in Norway, or not... Does anyone here know?

Honestly, I've never been to a sauna in my life so far, and I really wish to! I wanted to go to the sauna with that German guy I met, I asked him questions about it... and well, I guess I was just too "prudish" to go naked with him into the sauna, since I didn't know him well enough... Better to go to the sauna with someone when doing it for the first time, right? Other people, before, told me about going into the sauna with swimming suits on, but that seems as weird to me as bathing with clothes on... Better try it nude, like you do it in Finland...
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

Last Online
    23 Minutes Ago @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alsatian/Suevi
    Ancestry
    germanic/alsatian/Elsaesser
    Subrace
    Child of Creator God
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    retired - Aerospace Quality Engi
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Born again Christian,
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    The Scriptures give us an inside of nudity.........

Genesis 2:25

And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

Genesis 3:21

And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them.

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Single adult
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schwab View Post
    The Scriptures give us an inside of nudity.........

Genesis 2:25

And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
    The primordial state. And then...

Quote Originally Posted by schwab View Post
    Genesis 3:21

And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them.
    This happened after one particular biblical event, isn't it? Please quote that one too... Why were they clothed?

I guess we all that appreciate nudity are, more or less, connecting to the primordial state, which is pure and caste... Back to Nature, beyond good and evil, just the natural state of the primordial creation...

Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 12:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,285 Posts
    No big deal.

I worked on a naturist beach in the South of France during the early 80's and after a while you don't even notice that people are naked.

We have a local one here in Studland. I've walked past it a couple of times and it's frequented mainly by older people. I've often found this to be the case.

Last Online
    23 Minutes Ago @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alsatian/Suevi
    Ancestry
    germanic/alsatian/Elsaesser
    Subrace
    Child of Creator God
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    retired - Aerospace Quality Engi
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Born again Christian,
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    I bet the creator knew the problems that would arise with nudity, so he clothed them. Just common sense.

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Single adult
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonPagan View Post
    No big deal.

I worked on a naturist beach in the South of France during the early 80's and after a while you don't even notice that people are naked.

We have a local one here in Studland. I've walked past it a couple of times and it's frequented mainly by older people. I've often found this to be the case.
    I forgot to mention, I lived for more than one month in a tent on a naturist beach... So I know the feeling: in less than a few days you get used to the fact that everyone is naked, you don't even notice it anymore.

No one stares at you, and you don't stare at anyone. I was with my first (and only) partner there, so I didn't have any reason to stare at other people's bodies anyway (the sea and the sky were interesting enough to stare at them the whole day and night!)... Sometimes we had 'visitors', I mean 'textilists', who came just to stare at the wonderful nude women on our beach... Because yes, we were people of all ages, mostly people of average adult age, just very few old people... and most women there were (and still are) looking very good. I didn't like people who were coming just to stare at women, it was easy to recognize them, even if they were taking their clothes off too... And even if not all people were sleeping in tents, during the day the beach was really crowded...

I've been a few times, with the same partner, to another naturist beach, not so far away from 'ours', and on that one there were just very few old people... Honestly, I am not so fond of beaches with 'textilists'...

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Víđálfr View Post

Sounds like the right thing to do! By the way, thanks for the description of Finnish saunas, I didn't know all those things... I wonder if the same rules apply in all Nordic countries, for example in Norway, or not... Does anyone here know?
    Ţoreiđar: Can you comment this? You have sauna in Norway?
    What I have seen (in saunas) is that ... Swedish are more ''shy'' than Finns. Among of unknown same sex people .... Swedes ''likes'' to cover themselves sometimes. Among of same sex people they knows, then they are just a same ways naturally naked in saunas.

Quote Originally Posted by Víđálfr View Post
    Honestly, I've never been to a sauna in my life so far, and I really wish to! I wanted to go to the sauna with that German guy I met, I asked him questions about it... and well, I guess I was just too "prudish" to go naked with him into the sauna, since I didn't know him well enough... Better to go to the sauna with someone when doing it for the first time, right? Other people, before, told me about going into the sauna with swimming suits on, but that seems as weird to me as bathing with clothes on... Better try it nude, like you do it in Finland...
    Saunas in Finland and in Sweden are pretty much similar. There are many saunas in Sweden but here? .... 5,5 million people and 2,8 million saunas. So for every 1,96 person ... there is one sauna in Finland (incl.everybody from babies to aged). No other country gets even close to that rate.

One other matter ... Finns heated their saunas hotter than Swedes. Swedes likes saunas as there are +70C inside. Opposite Finns goes their saunas as there are +80C - +90C inside ... some even then there is > +100C.

Lastly ... smog saunas are absolutely the best ones. Hands down! If you ever have change to test one ... Do it! But heating smog sauna will take time (plus only via burning real woods (never conifer trees); no electricity) and they unfortunately tends to burn sooner or later. In reality one can have that kind of sauna only in country sides ... in separate building. Not in city homes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    5 Hours Ago @ 03:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Ţoreiđar: Can you comment this? You have sauna in Norway?
    Norway doesn't really have a culture around saunas to the same extent as the Finns, or even the Swedes. Up until I moved to Sweden, I hadn't been in a sauna for almost fifteen years. In Norway, I think I've seen someone have a sauna in their home only once. Although it's more common to have one in one's cabin out in the mountains or countryside.

But I recall from my time as a kid, frequenting public swimming halls, which often are equipped with gender-separated saunas, that it was common for the old men to sit there naked. Kids and young people would usually wear their swimming trunks. When I was very little, I was even so lucky to follow along with my mother to the women's sauna. I believe they were all nude there. Good times.

In recent years, when I've went to saunas in Sweden, it seems common to cover up with a towel if you don't know all the others very well, or if it's gender-mixed. Otherwise, full nude seems to be the deal. Personally, I prefer to at least have a towel to sit on, so I don't burn any valuable possessions on the wooden benches.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts
    Munich’s Topless Women Spark Heated Debate About Nudity As Temperatures Soar Across Europe

Topless female sunbathers were told to cover up their breasts in Munich, angering other women who then whipped off their bikini tops in solidarity. The issue is now being debated by political parties in the city council.

Germans have been flocking to lakes and pools to cool off as the country experiences a heatwave. A group of women sunbathing on the banks of Munich’s Isar River over the weekend were ordered to cover up by security guards.

However, other sunbathers were outraged at the clampdown and took their own bikini tops off in solidarity, Süddeutsche Zeitung reports. The security guards then called the police, who told the women they had to cover up.

Germany allows nudity but only in designated areas, of which there are six in Munich. An ordinance on naked swimming applies to the rest of the city and says people must wear swimwear.

Locals complained on Twitter that they thought Munich “stood for tolerance” and are appalled at women being told to cover up, with some suggesting Germany has become too ‘prudish’ in recent years for topless sunbathing to be considered acceptable.

When did Germans become prudes? I worked there for 2 years about 20 yrs ago and on my walks always came across naked people sunbathing. Also from the office window we could see people walking around their gardens nude.

— Daz (@DazSanddancer) June 26, 2019
    Note to Men:
    Breasts are not 'sex organs.'

— FOP30 (@SOPage30) June 26, 2019
    https://www.rt.com/news/462747-tople...munich-debate/

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nachtengel For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast