Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As stated, Brosnan has a heavy morphology. Compare him with predominantly Phalian Hugo Weaving

Neither are predominantly Nordic or anything of the sort.
    On the other hand check Ron Paul, who is Atlanto-Med

And a Swedish Nordic

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 09:40 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    I suppose most will now be acquainted with my "genetics in a nutshell" post, which describes how easy it is for people who are morphologically fully Nordid to have brown hair and eye pigment.

I actually agree with OEN. What are North-Atlantids really but an Atlanto-Med + Nordid mixture, often with a UP strain, which is so characteristic of a different "-Atlantid" type, the Paleo-Atlantid type, which is often a mixture between A-M and some fairly archaic, equivalent of Faelid?

Like a blond Bruenn, but he would give off a blond Phalian vibe, like Brad Pitt. Someone photoshopped Brosnan with blond hair before on Skadi. He looked more "German".
    Indeed. See above. Paleo-Atlantid even is often just a mixture between a dark A-M and a Faelid strain, however obviously more stabilised and distinct IMO than anything classified as N-A, which, as OEN proves, is fairly wide, unstabilised classification. And actually, the older Pierce Brosnan gets, and the less striking the contrast in his pigment is, the more "German" he indeed looks. Look at the greying picture and he doesn't strike me as much different from a Faelid-Atlantid/Nordid intermediate, anyway.

I am North Atlantid, Nord skull shape, pale skin, nearly black hair, and my father has blue eyes. My skin is very pale.
    And again. So you are like a Nordid, just with dark hair, you are saying? Using pigment as a major pointer rather than merely as an indicator isa major fallacy, as I have stated often enough, and which one again sees in the post I linked to in the beginning. Genetics are not always as clear cut, they are not like reading a textbook.

North-Atlantid is essentially an unproved excuse to make all of Britain "Nordish", or an easy attempt at explaining how some Atlantoform individuals end up with such pale skin and eyes and dark hair.A term "in the middle" it sure is, but I can, like OEN, not see much of a clear cut tendency other than some UP + some Atlant(omeditteran)id + some Nordid

Also interesting to some former Skadians in that respect might be the memory of how similar the morphology of Kadu, an Atlanto-Med Portuguese and Thruthheim, a Skandonordid Englishman throughout, is.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, December 4th, 2009 @ 12:38 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Also interesting to some former Skadians in that respect might be the memory of how similar the morphology of Kadu, an Atlanto-Med Portuguese and Thruthheim, a Skandonordid Englishman throughout, is.
    I wouldn't give my example since i'm not a standard Iberian AM, i would say Atlantid or British AM, with lighter pigmentation, head measurements and soft parts closer to the standard Nordid.

P.S. Like my Avatar

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    _________
    This is a summation of mine and Amorsite's thoughts on the "North-Atlantid" type.

---

Though Mediterranean-Nordic mixes may exist, there is no evidence that there are any blends stabilised in order to warrant them a new type.

It makes no sense that someone is classified as North-Atlantid for having dark hair and light eyes. Mediterraneans and Nordics are related anyway, and tendencies in an "Irano-Nordic" direction may not necessarily be the result of admixture.

Do you mean by "North-Atlantid" an Atlanto-Mediterranean? These being the type found in long barrows in the British Isles? Or are you really just complaining about some amateur's typology (such as McCulloch) not being represented in reality?

Coon as well as the German Anthropologists had distinct SKELETAL and CRANIAL morphology to which pigmentation was added. These "types" were not just based on jpegs. If your "North-Atlantid" is in fact a real type, please start with the skeleton and cranium and tell us what you mean.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The faces that OEN and Ricky Roma claim are "bigger" and "heavy" (not exactly technical, nor specific, terms ) are generally not at all. To claim that Hugo Weaving or Pierce Brosnan are more robust than that example of a "Swedish Nordic" that Ricky Roma gave, is clearly ridiculous.

Ricky Roma has already admitted an agenda of proving to everyone that Northern Europeans are overwhelmingly UP, with Nordids not really existing (as we think of them) and that Northern Europeans are racially and culturally primitive compared to Southern Europeans, who are pred. Med variants.

One gets the feeling that he thinks that Nordids do not exist at all.... but are merely Meds depigmented via UP admix.

But when one realises that he himself is a South American, and obviously of Southern European descent, one can clearly see from whence his agenda originates.

He's a very motivated and energetic Medicist, I'll give him that, but that's all he is. A Medicist on a Germanic forum.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    All this time I believed Ricky Roma was a Nordid Swiss German. Are you one of these Southern European Nordic supremacists who believe they are the last descendents of the Nordic aristocracy? You and OneEnglishNorman have been classifying almost everyone on the Althing as UP/Bruenn.

I have more respect about honest non-Germanics who are here to learn about our Germanic kin.

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 04:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagna View Post
    All this time I believed Ricky Roma was a Nordid Swiss German. Are you one of these delusionate Southern European Nordic supremacists who believe they are the last descendents of the Nordic aristocracy? You and OneEnglishNorman have been classifying almost everyone on the Althing as UP/Bruenn. I wish non-Germanics on this site would stop being wannabes. I have more respect about honest non-Germanics who are here to learn about our Germanic kin.
    ^ This is a trolling post. Nothing innocent about it.

The person in question does have Swiss German descent. You are condemning him based on allegations which are untrue. It is not acceptable. It's rude. It breaks the rules.

You have a problem with the classifications? Challenge them and say why. We can educate each other.

This post and the two above it should be deleted ASAP. This is all more forum drama. This thread is about the validity of the North-Atlantid type.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEnglishNorman View Post
    ^ This is a trolling post. Nothing innocent about it.

The member in question does have Swiss German descent.
    So he is a Southern European of Swiss German descent? Like the Russian who thinks he is Germanic because he had a "Norse" grandmother?
    I am not trolling, merely expressing my disappointment that once again, some people are trying to pass for something they are not. I, as a Nordid Germanic feel offended when others who are not claim my heritage.

You have a problem with the classifications? Challenge them and say why. We can educate each other.
    Because I don't believe the majority of Europeans are UP/Bruenn. I am not an expert in physical anthropology nor interested in it too much, but Europeans do not look alike. There is no way the majority of Scandinavians and the majority of Irish share the same racial type.

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 04:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagna View Post
    So he is a Southern European of Swiss German descent? Like the Russian who thinks he is Germanic because he had a "Norse" grandmother?
    Now you are asking me the question to clarify his descent AFTER YOU CONDEMNED HIM BASED ONLY ON ANOTHER PERSON'S POST.

I am not trolling, merely expressing my disappointment that once again, some people are trying to pass for something they are not. I, as a Nordid Germanic feel offended when others who are not claim my heritage.
    It was a mealy-mouthed post masquerading as indignant outrage.

Because I don't believe the majority of Europeans are UP/Bruenn. I am not an expert in physical anthropology nor interested in it too much, but Europeans do not look alike. There is no way the majority of Scandinavians and the majority of Irish share the same racial type.
    More Scandinavians are the local form of Phalian than they are Nordic. This will be covered in a new thread later in the year, when we publish our European system.

---

Now when a Mod is online they will have to spend time clearing all this crap up. Congratulations everyone (myself included) for creating drama.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OEN
    The person in question does have Swiss German descent. You are condemning him based on allegations which are untrue.
    If he has some Swiss ancestry, then it's well masked by all of his Southern European descent, that's for sure!

Anyway, the "allegations" are not untrue, and if you opened up your eyes OEN, you would acknowlege the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by OEN
    This post and the two above it should be deleted ASAP. This is all more forum drama. This thread is about the validity of the North-Atlantid type.
    Most of your posts regarding anthro lately have been working towards realising Ricky Roma's agenda. I don't know what's happened to you to see such a drastic turn around in your opinions in the last 6 months or so.

Anyway, my post was right on the money concerning Ricky Roma, and I have every right to express my insights into what's going on around here. I don't approve of what you two are doing, and I REALLY RESENT some South American Med dictating to us what Northern Europeans are and aren't.

First Ricky told us on Skadi that he was a Hallstatt Nordid, and would use this cover as a justification for insulting Nordic women and those from Scandinavian countries, saying such nonsense as "I am disappointed in my fellow Hallstatts for their immoral behaviour..." in a thread on Nordicism. Then he informed us all that there are virtually no true Nordids in Germany in another thread started by some anti-Nordicist who felt it necessary to critique NS theory and the Third Reich by stating that there were NO pred. Nordid high ranking, commanding officers.... and now, lo and behold, apparently there are virtually no Nordids in the Brit Isles too! What a surprise. It doesn't take a genius to see where all of this is leading....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast