63 Posts

Historic Proof of Israel’s Migrations

Historic Proof of Israel’s Migrations

by Bertrand L. Comparet

Taken From Your Heritage
    Prepared into a PDF file by:
    Clifton A. Emahiser’s Teaching Ministries
    Plus Critical Notes

In my lesson called Israel’s Fingerprints, I have briefly sketched for you some of the Bible’s evidence that the Anglo-Saxon, Scandinavian and Germanic people of today are the living descendants of the Israel of the Bible. This evidence is in the form of many Bible prophecies of Israel’s future, which has been accurately fulfilled by these nations and by no others. If the people who have actually done all the things which Yahweh said Israel would do, and who have received the exact blessings which Yahweh said He would give to Israel, if they are not Israel, how could Yahweh be so greatly mistaken? No, Yahweh was not mistaken, He knew what He would do and for whom He would do it. By making good all His prophecies and promises, He has identified these nations as Israel.

There are some people that won’t believe Yahweh and will not accept His identification of these nations as Israel. In fact, one clergyman with whom I discussed this, a minister of a church in this country, wrote to me demanding to know what other historians of the time, in what books, chapters and verses record their migrations into northern and western Europe and the British Isles? He is only one of many skeptics who ask this and to these skeptics the answer is yes, various historians of those centuries have traced many steps of this migration. What I propose to do for you now is to trace this migration historically. Remember, within the time limits which must necessarily be fixed on such a lesson as this, I can only hit the high spots. You know how large a library can be filled with history books, so I can’t quote them all verbatim. However, I will have time enough to show you that the historians have traced this migration from Israel’s old Palestinian home into the European homes as the Anglo-Saxon, Scandinavian and Germanic peoples. Not under their old names of course, but that also is the fulfillment of Yahweh’s prophesy that He would call His servants by another name. Surely you now know that the Bible identifies Israel and only Israel, as Yahweh’s servants. The migration of the Israelites covered about 12 centuries, during which time they were mentioned by various historians, writing in different languages, during different centuries so therefore they are mentioned under different names. Even today, if you were to read a London newspaper, a Paris newspaper and a Berlin newspaper, all dated about the end of 1940, you would find that the British newspaper said that in that year France was invaded by the Germans. The French newspaper said that the invasion was by Les Allemans and the German newspaper said that the invasion was by der Deutsch. Yet, all three were talking about the same people and the same invasion. We must not be surprised to find the Israelites were given different names in the Assyrian, Greek and Latin languages. Even in the same language names change from century to century, just as today we never speak of Bohemia, as it was called a century ago, but only of Czechoslovakia. Remember, the original 12 tribed nation of Israel broke up into two nations upon the death of King Solomon, about 975 B.C.. The northern 2/3rds of the land, containing the ten tribes, kept the name Israel, while the southern 1/3rd, containing the tribes of Benjamin and Judah, with many of the Levites, took the name of Judah after the royal tribe. From that time on, they kept their separate existence until they were finally merged into a vast migration, as we will see. Most of the kings of the 10 tribed northern kingdom of Israel were distinguished more for their wickedness than for any ability.

However Omri, who reigned from 885 B.C. to 874 B.C., was a vigorous and able king. Although as wicked as the others his reign was considered, among the other nations of western Asia, as the foundation upon which the national identity thereafter rested. The language of that day spoke of a family, a tribe, or even a whole nation as a house or household. If you have read your Bible much, you must surely remember Yahweh’s many references to the house of Israel or the kingdom of Judah. The phrase was also used in those days to refer to a nation as the house of a great king who ruled it. The Assyrians among others, began calling the 10 tribed kingdom of Israel, the house of Omri. In Hebrew, house was babyith or bayth, in English it was usually spelled beth and pronounced beth. In the related Semitic languages of Assyrian, this was bit. The Hebrew Omri, was in Assyrian sometimes written Humari, sometimes Kumri. With this preface in mind, let’s start tracing the Israelites from their Palestinian homeland, in the Assyrian conquest and deportation. In II Kings 15:29 we read, “ in the days of Pekah, king of Israel, came Tiglath-Pileser, king of Assyria, and took Ijon and Abel-beth-maachah and Janoa and Kedesh and Hazor and Gilead and Galilee, all the land of Naphtali and carried them captive to Assyria.” Chronicles 5:26 records, “ And the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul, king of Assyria, and the spirit of Tiglath- Pileser, king of Assyria and he carried them away, even the Reubenites and the Gadites and the half tribe of Manasseh and brought them unto Halah and Habor and Hara and to the river Gozan, unto this day.”

Confirmation of this is found in inscriptions of Tiglath-Pileser, which archaeologists have dug up and are in our museums today. One of these says, “ The cities of Gala’za (probably Assyrian for Galilee), Abilkka (probably Assyrian for Abelbeth maacha), which are on the border of Bit Humria, the whole land of Naphtali in its entirety, I brought within the border of Assyria. My official I set over them as governor. The land of Bit Humria, all of its people, together with all their goods, I carried off to Assyria. Pahaka their king they deposed and I placed Ausi as king.” In confirmation of this change in kings, we read in I I Kings 15:30, “ And Hoshea the son of Elah made a conspiracy against Pekah son of Remaliah and smote him and slew him and reigned in his stead.”

The conquest thus had begun in the northeastern and northern parts of the kingdom about 740 B.C.. Then it worked southward, down to the heavily fortified capital city to Samaria, which was captured about 721 B.C.. Another king of Assyria reigned by that time, II Kinds 18:9-11 records it as follows. “ And it came to pass in the 4th year of King Hezekiah (of Judah), which was the 7th year of Hoshea, son of Elah, king of Israel, that Shalmanezer, king of Assyria, came up against Samaria and besieged it. And at the end of 3 years they took it, even in the 6th year of Hezekiah, that is the 9th year of Hoshea, king of Israel, Samaria was taken. And the king of Assyria did carry away Israel unto Assyria and put them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan and in the cities of the Medes.”

We know King Shalmanezer died toward the latter part of this siege and the final conquest and deportation was carried on by his successor, King Sargon 11. In confirmation of this an inscription of Sargon II says, “ In the beginning of my reign, the city of Samaria I besieged, I captured 27,280 of its inhabitants which I carried away.” The deportation of a whole nation naturally took a considerable period of time. The journey had to be organized, with adequate supplies for each convoy on each stage of the journey and proper organization of the places selected to receive them. We know that Sargon II did not hold the cities of the Medes east of the Zagros mountains until a few years after 721 B.C.. (...)
    The madness continues here:
    Israelect.pdf
    Jahtruth
    SF - Aryans are Israelites

Last Online
    Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 @ 03:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Single adult
    Politics
    m.y.o.b.ismus
    Religion
    Zu kurz, leider, das Textfeld :(
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As far as I know, neither archeology nor genetics can confirm the view that we are related to the old Israelis.

From a religious or theological point of view we have to ask how we could "have received the exact blessings which Yahweh said He would give to Israel" if in this part of the world nearly no one kept the laws written in the OT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]