View Poll Results: Would you change your ideology for someone you love?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep

2 3.57%
  • Nope

49 87.50%
  • No idea

5 8.93%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would You Change Your Ideology For Someone You Love?

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 07:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger
    They don't even try to understand it, the best analogy would be Christianity, with many people who call themselves Christian, but haven't even read the Bible, or just dismiss parts of the Bible because it doesn't fit in their little self made world.
    That's a good analogy.
    That's what I said above 'ideology is opium for the people'. We live in a confused, fast-changing era. Most people today 'adopt' an ideology and follow it blindly, fanatically, religiously, in an attempt to 'define' themselves, to find their niche and fit into some construct, due to a lack of a more natural & realistic identity. You said that yourself:

It's like when we are arguing about who is German, if you don't really know who is German, then you can't be a German nationalist, no matter of which flavor

Last Online
    Monday, December 7th, 2009 @ 03:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    Lombardic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    No, I wouldn't change it.

If I date someone I want her to accept me as I am and viceversa , otherwise is a relationship based in fake, and what's the point of having a faked relationship?, it isn't good for any of both :
    "Cuando la Patria está en peligro, todo está permitido excepto no defenderla"
    José de San Martín

Last Online
    Monday, January 19th, 2009 @ 04:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with Janus that changing your "ideology" because of love is pathetic. People who do that just never had any "ideology" at all in the first place. But so are most humans. Idealists are rare people. As for me, I cannot even imagine changing "ideology" because I simply wouldn't be myself anymore without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Axis View Post
    Unfortunately for him: I kept rejecting him for months because of his miserable 'blame it all on capitalism" defeatist attitude, and as soon as he supposedly turned NS, I told him I grew out of it and do not consider myself as such anymore
    I think that accepting capitalism is the defeatist attitude because it's easier to give in and just do like the rest of the human morons (consumers) do. Unfortunately this swindle is ruining not only our own lives, but the whole planet.

Ideology today is the opium of the people, a form of scapegoating, and it is usually the most desperate people that embrace extreme ideologies fanatically, and also those who change their minds and jumb from one extreme to the other most frequently.
    Most people don't have an ideology, they pretend they do, but they often don't live by it. A so called "extreme ideology" is just orwellian speech to talk about anyone whose ideology denies the status quo.

So, someone who blames his misery on 'the State, the cops' or 'U.S.A. imperialism and capitalism' can easily shift to blaming his misery on the jews, the immigrants, the homosexuals, and so on.
    What a wonderful world we live in. I can see the world getting a better place each passing day
    "The Star of David and the Pentagram go hand in hand like black metal and a camera." - Gelal of Grand Belial's Key

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Last Online
    Monday, April 4th, 2016 @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    It's either my way or the highway. I have never been famous for compromising, being inconsistent, erratic or yearning to get public applause. So the Phleg you see is the Phleg you get - no upgrades, plug-ins, add-ons or revisions. I may be outdated, but I am reliable. And ideological Volkswagen, so to say.
    And all my youth passed by sad-hearted,
    the joy of Spring was never mine;
    Autumn blows through me dread of parting,
    and my heart dreams and longs to die.

- Nikolaus Lenau (1802-1850)

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.

- Giacomo Leopardi (1798-1837)

Last Online
    Saturday, June 14th, 2008 @ 02:40 PM
    Subrace
    Baltid+Brunn+Atlantid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Disoriented
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    on the general topic of changing ideology for someone - i would never do it. just because i don't think it's possible to just decide one day that you will agree with someone (even if you love that person)...but my opinions are not static and ideology evolves over time, so it could be that falling in love with someone will make me more likely to listen to what they have to say and i will realize that it makes sense and modify my views to incorporate it.

on the specific topic of falling in love with someone of a different ethnicity/race, i'm not 100% against it. here it comes down to love for your culture vs love for your partner. imo love for partner will always win (if it's true love anw) so it's never a matter of choice...the thing is i don't see how you can fall in love with someone you don't approve of in the first place :

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I don't have a specific ideology. However, I support preservation. So I wouldn't change my preservationist views for anyone. However, I would be open to changing my religion or politics (or, rather lack thereof), if it remained in the frame of preserving my heritage.

Secure a future for Germanic children
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    I wouldn't change my ideology for anyone. In fact my ex and I broke because of political differences. I think it's the best to have the same ideology as your partner.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 1st, 2012 @ 06:30 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, France, Denmark.
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Nordicism
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    My girlfriend and I are both proud white people with origins in England and Northwestern Europe. We both are Protestant, and have the same ideas about social issues and race. So, I wouldn't have to change my ideals, I got lucky.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts
    I think that it is natural that within a relationship, especially a long-lasting one, people will approximate some views of theirs to those of their partner. You will have lengthy conversations and will get to see things from a slightly different angle, this can change your views on a topic.

I have never really had that problem, relationships with girls from a different end of the spectrum were doomed pretty quickly, and for years I've made a point of dating but women with preservationist ideals or that are at least open towards learning about them, it just takes away one possible source of strife. I am often a little opinionated in a political debate, and set in my views, so trying to convert me to another point of view would be useless except on the minor issues.

The ideological squabbling is going to be there even with a partner of a similar ideological background, just that you're going to agree on more. I went out for almost a year with a Nationalist & Odinist girl, yet we still had our discussions and our moments of being mad for the views of the other on some topic we considered all-important to ourselves. At the same time, there were moments when she'd argue my points without me having to do something, and those were special in their own way.

I think this is one reason why ideologically similar partners are better, in such cases it feels like they're defending not but their own stance but defending you as well, and you love them all the more for it because it's a bonding thing to be walking the same path not just in life, but also in terms of your world view.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Choice of partner should be an extension of ideology imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12