Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Harassment

Harassment comes in many forms,it can be a co-worker,the opposite sex,someone disliking your race,sexual preference,& a big issue these days...Peers.

Can so much harassment toward one individual cause breakdown?
    Definition~Under the United States Code Title 18 Subsection 1514(c)1. Harassment is defined as "a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such a person and serves no legitimate purpose".

Examples; The Columbine High School massacre occurred on Tuesday, April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School in unincorporated Jefferson County, Colorado (the CDP of Columbine) near Denver and Littleton. Two students, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, embarked on a shooting rampage, killing 12 students and a teacher, as well as wounding 23 others, before committing suicide.

Did constant harassment cause these boys to do this? Or would you believe it was deeper or a mental health issue?

Cho Seung-Hui the shooter in the Virginia Tech massacre~committed mass murder of 32 people and wounded 25 others in the shooting rampage which as come to be known as the Virginia Tech massacre.
    Fellow students described Cho as a "quiet" person who "would not respond if someone greeted him." Student Julie Poole recalled the first day of a literature class the previous year when the students introduced themselves one by one. When it was Cho's turn to introduce himself, he did not speak. According to Poole, the professor looked at the sign-in sheet and found that, whereas everyone else wrote out their names, Cho wrote only a question mark. Poole added that "we just really knew him as the question mark kid."

How far do you think harassment can take someone? Have you ever been harassed? What would you do? & another ? is this only common in the US recently? & if so what is that saying about our children?
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

Last Online
    Thursday, October 8th, 2009 @ 11:09 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If you can't take harrassment there's seriously something wrong with you. I don't believe in the whole counselling approach, but if people thinks it works better than some roughing up, I don't care - their kids, not mine!
    Perfection.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. - Ambrose Bierce

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 @ 10:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Back to Boilermaker/weldering
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    we often called bullying "character building" people in Australia need to HTFU!

i for one hate PC etc rubbish.....weak fools!....now if the law will look the other way as i dish out some "attitude re-adjustments" to my piss-head neighbours for what they are and do:
    Tasmanian twice the heads!!.......twice the intelligence!?

Naturbursche
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 10:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theTasmanian View Post
    we often called bullying "character building"
    Indeed. I'm sure everyone gets bullied and harassed sooner or later. People who can't take it have a weak character and probably no self-esteem at all.

Gruß,
    Boche

Last Online
    Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 @ 01:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtic/Romance/ Raised by Nordics and Celts
    Subrace
    Celtic/Romance
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Actor/Drama Student/Waiter
    Politics
    This and That
    Religion
    Asatru/Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thumbs Down

yea i have been harassed because of my faith but i just laugh at them and explain how my faith is older and more wise than the new wave of Jesus.
    i have had some half caste stand over me with a wooden bat threatening to hit me if i keep explain that it was a Pagan emperor that made her faith big.
    but that is just the slow and small minds of the lower classes found in New Zealand
    In order to build Odinism into a valid and inspiring religious expression we must overcome this tendency to trivialise divinity. The gods are not Vikings…they are spiritual beings, potent forces of numinous power"
    (Odinic Rite)

hearthtender
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 31st, 2010 @ 07:14 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Irish
    Ancestry
    Swedish Irish ?English?
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    Classical liberal
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Harrasment happens to most people it seems. Calling kids weak for being hurt by it does not help. Showing ways to be strong, healthy, and sucessful are helpfull. Encouraging art, sports, music or some other form of endevor helps most kids deal with the cruelty of other kids & teenagers. Being harrased is not an excuse for violence although in extreme cases it may be a reason.

This is one more reason that I think teens need a 'cool' aunt or uncle that they can talk/vent to and spend time with. The old fostering out of teenagers idea will not work now but having somewhere for them to go seems like it is still a good idea fot the sanity of both teens and parents.

I had the misforture to be a goth in highschool when the Columbine shooting happened. That led to some interesting harrasment by random adults but not so much in school. I was just glad that I had good art& vocational teachers.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave.
    "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." Dag Hammarskjold
    "Children know the truth. Love is not an emotion. Love is behavior." Andrew Vachss

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    My room mates and I harrass our other room mate for being an idealist. There is no malice in it and he knows it too.

Last Online
    Monday, April 4th, 2016 @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Shooting innocent people is as typically American as apple pie. And so is bullying, hazing, gang rape and other alleged 'outgrowths' of the American 'education' system. Stuff like that happens when you have a one-branch high school system with thousands of students and pseudo 'higher education' where being good at sports basically matters more than being able to read and write.

I have encountered ivy league exchange students (even had to play tutor for them for a while) who never would have been able to graduate high school here. Those at the unversities with above-average intelligence are almost exclusively Asian.
    And all my youth passed by sad-hearted,
    the joy of Spring was never mine;
    Autumn blows through me dread of parting,
    and my heart dreams and longs to die.

- Nikolaus Lenau (1802-1850)

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.

- Giacomo Leopardi (1798-1837)

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Shooting innocent people is as typically American as apple pie. And so is bullying, hazing, gang rape and other alleged 'outgrowths' of the American 'education' system. Stuff like that happens when you have a one-branch high school system with thousands of students and pseudo 'higher education' where being good at sports basically betters more than being able to read and write.

I have encountered ivy league exchange students (even had to play tutor for them for a while) who never would have been able to graduate high school here. Those at the unversities with above-average intelligence are almost exclusively Asian.
    Americans have tried to reform and make their schools less violent. But it has only led to a vicious cycle, of more violence. I hope people will realize that bullying others, is not ethical and therefore not in the best interests of society.

Last Online
    Saturday, June 28th, 2008 @ 03:31 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I remember when I was 12 and I worked out that "everyone makes fun of everyone" and that you just had to suck it up. Before that I took it really personally.:p I think I figured it out a bit late really but I was so relieved when I did because before that I had no friends.

But I think there is a point where it gets too far, there is a point where one of two things needs to be acceptable, teaching the bastard a lesson or having some legal recourse to make them leave you alone. Personally I would prefer the former, but in the absence of it, I think there ought to be the latter.
    A* I’m a dreadful reactionary, Mrs. Helena. I don’t like this progress one bit.
    H* Like Nana.
    A* Yes, like Nana. Does Nana have a prayer book?
    H* A big fat one.
    A* And are there prayers in it for various occurrences in life? Against storms? Against illness?
    H* Against temptation, against floods -
    A* But not against progress, I suppose?
    H* > I think not.
    A* That’s a shame.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast