Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Post Re: Racial sub-types and personality

Quote Originally Posted by Scoob
    Other than that: current USA youth culture de-values whiteness. Most kids of all backgrounds have adopted black mannerisms in some manner, and this has a certain prestige.
    Many white inventions are devalued in the USA. For instance, I notice that Germans I deal with quite readily express interest in things like Star Trek etc. American culture tends to view such things as "nerdy" or "geeky". Yet they are an expression of an evolved form of modern culture! (I have heard many blacks say that they consider such things "crazy" - they have no comprehension.)

White pop stars now tend to style themselves more black-like as well. Think of Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears.

Otherwise, I agree with much of what Gunther said about white subraces. I find it to be true. I find that more Northern Euro whites tend to have deeply-ingrained feelings of honor, rightness, fairness, etc that other ethnic groups simply do not have - they view it as naive, but actually it's a group survival strategy that works well within the group.

I'll also mention that whites in general are the least racist group on the planet, without doubt!
    I would agree with you about the chivalrous soul of the Northern European, but this also leads to our liberalism, which is destroying us. We must not forget to honor ourselves and not be the pawns of others. Charity is our downfall.

Yes, blacks are very antithetic in many ways. They view honesty and charity as "weakness", which in some ways it might be. If they get more money than they should from a cashier, or if they see someone drop money, giving it back is stupid to them. This isn't true for every single black, but they tend to believe this. You can see this type of personality in their comedy too. Overall they are much less empathetic. Levin wrote that blacks also have a very high self-esteem, even when it's totally without merit. A study done with highschool students and their self-esteem, found that even the blacks who made the worst grades thought of themselves much more than white and Asians who even made A's. They're full of BS and bravado. Unfortunately such false worth is viewed by women as attractive, such is the high rate of white female and black male unions.

Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 08:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My own probably false idea:

I'm going to stick the argument in the other direction: personality is phenotype - external expression of the genes. How's that work? It's proven that personality changes with hormones (I read in my old psychology textbook that a tiny chimp was drugged up on testosterone and within an hour he was ordering around the biggest chimp who used to run the pack) - if hormones are triggered by the right environment (adrenaline is triggered in fights etc.), and genes are hardwired to trigger hormones under certain stimuli, then personality is phenotype, just like getting fat. Feed someone with a fast metabolism a lot, then someone with a slow metabolism the same amount, give them the same exercise, and the person with the slow metabolism will put on a lot of weight far more likely than the person with the fast metabolism.

Memory serves as, amongst other things, storage series of practical rules for action. If a rule is broken and particularly cuts close to the individual's own chances for success and passing on his genes, then this exception, supressed, will weigh heavily and form its own 'rule' for future actions of that individual.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

Last Online
    Friday, April 1st, 2005 @ 10:39 AM
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Posthuman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I don't know if I'd call Nords chivalrous: I think they have group behavioral standards that work within the group (fairness, honesty, etc) that are also simple-minded in many ways. Guenther said this also, and added that Nords are not good at "reading" other people's intentions at all - totally unlike Meds, who excell at this and are socially adept.

Nords are often considered "naive" or "bimbos" or "suckers" by Meds, at least here in the USA. The "Pollyanna" stereotype comes to mind. A lot of East Coast city types (lots of Jews and Italians) look down on these "dumb blonds" and consider them fools who are easy to take advantage of.

Blacks "play whitey" - but they also have a bottomless pit of "need" from whitey. They want endlessly from whitey, and feel they are entitled to it. It's a different dynamic. Notice that the blacks had no clue how to play the "guilt game" with whitey until some Jews acted as their leaders in the Civil Rights era.
    "Whatever is done from love always occurs beyond good and evil." - F. Nietzsche

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 06:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Wink Re: Racial sub-types and personality

Quote Originally Posted by Scoob
    Very interesting ideas. I also suspect any personality/social status of types or occurrence of types is very dependent on social and physical environment. (It's known that diet, vitamins taken, etc by parents can have effects on phenotypes and even genotypes of offspring that are passed on to subsequent generations).

There are so many factors at play in the modern USA that it is difficult to make useful generalizations.

I've known many UP types that are quiet tough guys, who tend to actually have a pretty gentle nature.

Tall/slender types do tend to be more restless, sometimes neurotic, aggressive, creative, etc. Tall types that have a little ruggedness tend to be honored in positions of authority, etc.

Other than that: current USA youth culture de-values whiteness. Most kids of all backgrounds have adopted black mannerisms in some manner, and this has a certain prestige.
    Many white inventions are devalued in the USA. For instance, I notice that Germans I deal with quite readily express interest in things like Star Trek etc. American culture tends to view such things as "nerdy" or "geeky". Yet they are an expression of an evolved form of modern culture! (I have heard many blacks say that they consider such things "crazy" - they have no comprehension.)

White pop stars now tend to style themselves more black-like as well. Think of Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears.

Otherwise, I agree with much of what Gunther said about white subraces. I find it to be true. I find that more Northern Euro whites tend to have deeply-ingrained feelings of honor, rightness, fairness, etc that other ethnic groups simply do not have - they view it as naive, but actually it's a group survival strategy that works well within the group.

I'll also mention that whites in general are the least racist group on the planet, without doubt!

Scoob, I have noticed that when I feel proud and happy, peaceful, my UP elements seem to show themselves without effort. It feels like my body morphs based upon what physiological responses occur in different situations. My morpologic shifts occur greatest in changes of pride in who I am or what is relevant to my life on a fundemental level. It seems that emotive attachments to things bring about my changes in subtle appearance like complexion and pigment shades. My wife's hair changes seasonally red(fall/winter) to golden(spring/summer). Our eyes fluctuate in the shades of blue. My baby girl's blonde hair constantly lightens and darkens. I was born pale and very light pigmentation just to darken after Celtic culture exposure in lieu of my father's Nordic lineage(he's goldenrod hair, blue eyes and ruddy skin).

Last Online
    Thursday, June 16th, 2011 @ 11:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I think Gobineau's unsophisticated meddling with this idea has ruined my ability to even consider it. However, I might change my mind if *valid* data were ever collected. So far, I think I've met folks of every personality from every race, though certain sub-races might have a higher percentage of certain types of personalities.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Scoob wrote: "Many white inventions are devalued in the USA. For instance, I notice that Germans I deal with quite readily express interest in things like Star Trek etc. American culture tends to view such things as "nerdy" or "geeky". Yet they are an expression of an evolved form of modern culture! (I have heard many blacks say that they consider such things "crazy" - they have no comprehension.) "

No kidding. I, at least, have never seen anyone playing table-top RPG games but 'White' kids. Europeans play them as well. The only 'minority' that I can recall every having seen present at an RPG game (pen and paper, not cards) was Asian.

Other fields, like the Aviation industry, seem also to still be mostly/all White.

So, what is this thing about 'Nerdy' or 'Geeky' stuff and 'White' kids? And how can Europeans get away with the same interests, but still be rated as 'cool' by Americans who rate other Americans with the same interests as 'socially out of touch'?

Last Online
    Saturday, March 10th, 2007 @ 10:25 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Occupation
    Student.
    Politics
    I don't really have one.
    Religion
    Metalhead.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The first RPG game i played was with four friends, one of whom was Half-Arabic and half-Finn.

But, i suppose that doesn't really count too much, since he's only really half... and Arabic is... well, still kind of considered 'white' in a very general sense, isn't it? (*Vaguely remembers reading some place that the term could include people of northern Europe, all the way to those of India.)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Arabic as in from the Arabian Peninsula, or Arabic as from 'Arabic Civilization'? Outside of the Bedouin, Yemen, and Gulf-States ... I think the only Arabs are the 'descendants of the Prophet' that hold a sort of upper caste status within the Umma of Islam. There are actually Slavic 'Arabs', Persian 'Arabs', Turkic 'Arabs', Syriac 'Arabs', etc.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 10th, 2007 @ 10:25 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Occupation
    Student.
    Politics
    I don't really have one.
    Religion
    Metalhead.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, though I do get what you're saying... I'm not a real expert on Middle-eastern related things.

His dad is straight from Jordan, but i don't think that's exactly a direct part of the Arabian Peninsula.

So... uh... Feel free to lay down basic things about the middle east. (Such as, what are the differences between an arab and persian? I know there's a different, but not sure what specifically.)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Racial differences, to begin with. True Arabs are dark, curly haired... very similar to Yemenites, Somalis, Ethiopians, and Copts... and speak a Hamito-Semitic language (actually a W. Semitic language heavily modified by NE African languages). Persians are fair, and similar to Armenians, Greeks, and even some Slavic folk... and speak an Indo-European language. To get into actual anthropological differences, we should start a new category in one of the Physical Anthropology areas. Yemenites and Bedouin are probably the best example of 'real Arabs', the Bedouins are considered by civilized Arabs to be at the least the true cultural conservators of their tradition.

Jordan, is an iffy area. The base population was Assyrian, which are mostly fair. But, Jordan does have an Arab population: both Bedouin, and the ruling class (Hashemites, which are descended from Mohammed, etc.) In Jordan's case, even asking him if his Jordanian ancestors were Christians might not help, as Jordan and Palestine are a few of the places where there actually were a few Bedouin tribes that converted to Christianity between AD 200-700. The Arabian peninsula had Christians as well, but they have no survivors: having been killed to the last man by Jewish tribes, or killed off/converted by Islam. So, it could go either way: as the Muslims also have more than Arabic blood in that area (even Jordan.)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast