Anglo-American
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Women - Tougher Than the Rest

Women's innate ability to recover and regenerate gives them an upper hand in the battle of the sexes

A team of Danish researchers has discovered new evidence as to why women live longer than men, Politiken newspaper reports.

According to the statistical study performed at Hvidovre Hospital, women heal better than men when they develop a serious illness or suffer an accident or trauma.

'That enables them to live longer,' Dr Tom Skyhøj Olsen said. 'By nature's grace, women are endowed with a stronger will to survive than men.'

Click here to read it all

Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 11:01 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I guess having to be with a woman drains that will to live out of you.

We are born to fight and to die and to continue the Flow
    The Flow of our People

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.

Last Online
    Thursday, October 8th, 2009 @ 12:09 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All the women I know take 2 years to heal after a bruise. It takes me a few minutes usually depending on the surface area.

Anyway, women last longer because they do not:

1) Fight wars
    2) Do the dangerous jobs
    3) There's some "rule" that one can not kill women or children

Anyway, I don't see why anyone should be proving who's "better". Men and women are both useless and are only worth something when they're working together. All this "who's better" bullshit, which is inaccurate anyway, just helps to destroy that unity.
    Perfection.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. - Ambrose Bierce

Last Online
    Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 @ 09:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Family
    Single, looking
    Occupation
    Film Student
    Politics
    rergreheh
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    These studies shouldn't be taken serious because of the high level of politics fueling the debate and certainly no study posted in a source called 'politiken'. Men's higher testosterone levels means larger muscle mass, less fat and more aggression. This means men need higher amounts of certain supplements such as zinc since zinc is a natural aromatase inhibitor which means it prevents testosterone from converting into estrogen. This means, a male on the same diet as a female will have less zinc to allocate towards supporting the immune system.

I wouldn't call testosterone an immunosuppressive though since stronger bone and muscle structures are important for a healthy body but it certainly uses allocates to immune system to a different focus than women. Women would likely adapt so that they would stave off illness while men would adapt to be more aggressive and stronger to ward off foes and predators.

Last Online
    Monday, April 26th, 2010 @ 05:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Women's innate ability to recover and regenerate gives them an upper hand in the battle of the sexes
    Why does there always have to be a battle of the sexes?
    "The human state is an exit." -Frithjof Schuon

"Make me immortal in that realm where they move even as they list, in the third sphere of inmost heaven where lucid worlds are full of light." -Rig Veda IX.113

Last Online
    Friday, May 8th, 2009 @ 03:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Subrace
    Heinz variety
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    New South Wales New South Wales
    Family
    It's nobody's business!
    Occupation
    Cleaner/Home duties
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Let's put this another way. Men are built to fulfil certain physical tasks, as are women. A true Germanic society accepts these differences on the whole, and statistics are a load of bollocks - and I'm a woman ye gods!

Men and women would get on much better by simply accepting that there are differences, and not just physical.

I would like to add, however, that women used to fight alongside the men when their villages had to be defended, they were equal in terms of owning property and inheritance. They had equal footing in terms of standing in their community, and women are trying to reclaim what was once theirs in terms of this.

I guess this is just another form of liberal media brainwashing, yeah?
    Dick Dastardly: "MUTTLEY, DO SOMETHING!!!!"
    Muttley: "Hehehehehehehehehe"

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." - Albus Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    These are quite old news, it is already proven that woman have a better immune system, and sadly that is the reason why the are more likely to get autoimmune illnesses.
    Before puberty and roughly after the age of 65 both men and women are on the same level in this regard.
    Additionally in regards to inheritance of the immune system, the female is dominant, so if you want to see your potential age, look at the female line of your family, how old they have gotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhild View Post
    I would like to add, however, that women used to fight alongside the men when their villages had to be defended, they were equal in terms of owning property and inheritance.
    Where did you get that from?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Thursday, July 2nd, 2009 @ 12:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    with catoid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Not in the mood
    Occupation
    I've got projects ;P
    Politics
    ineffable
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I would like to add, however, that women used to fight alongside the men when their villages had to be defended, they were equal in terms of owning property and inheritance. They had equal footing in terms of standing in their community, and women are trying to reclaim what was once theirs in terms of this.
    @ Elysium, mostly..

My namesake in the Vinlandic Sagas stood against several native attackers...

Quote Originally Posted by The Saga of Eric the Red
    Freydis came out and saw how they were retreating. She called out, "Why run you away from such worthless creatures, stout men that ye are, when, as seems to me likely, you might slaughter them like so many cattle? Let me but have a weapon, I think I could fight better than any of you." They gave no heed to what she said. Freydis endeavoured to accompany them, still she soon lagged behind, because she was not well; she went after them into the wood, and the Skrælingar directed their pursuit after her. She came upon a dead man; Thorbrand, Snorri's son, with a flat stone fixed in his head; his sword lay beside him, so she took it up and prepared to defend herself therewith.

Then came the Skrælingar upon her. She let down her sark and struck her breast with the naked sword. At this they were frightened, rushed off to their boats, and fled away. Karlsefni and the rest came up to her and praised her zeal.
    However she is not the "cleanest" person, I must admit. But I can't seem to find the saga I was looking for with this information.

Continuing on, women could separate from husbands with good reason, such as Unna separating from Hrut in Brennu-Njals Saga (because he couldn't consummate the marriage because of the spell of a queen, basically)

Quote Originally Posted by Njals Saga
    Then she went to the Hill of Laws, and declared herself separated from Hrut; and men thought this strange news. Unna went home with her father, and never went west from that day forward.
    source of both quotations: http://www.sagadb.org/

Anyways, I don't think women were so much fighters anyways, it isn't really their role. But they had power in their own right. Inheritance, I am not so sure. Property, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    2) Do the dangerous jobs
    Childbirth, as I've heard, is pretty painful, and could result in death quite often before the advent of modern medicine ^^ But who cares. Men get stabbed and such. bla bla. We're different but I don't see a better or worse to the whole scheme.
    People turn to poison as quick as lager turns to piss

Last Online
    Friday, May 8th, 2009 @ 03:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Subrace
    Heinz variety
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    New South Wales New South Wales
    Family
    It's nobody's business!
    Occupation
    Cleaner/Home duties
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    These are quite old news, it is already proven that woman have a better immune system, and sadly that is the reason why the are more likely to get autoimmune illnesses.
    Before puberty and roughly after the age of 65 both men and women are on the same level in this regard.
    Additionally in regards to inheritance of the immune system, the female is dominant, so if you want to see your potential age, look at the female line of your family, how old they have gotten

Where did you get that from?
    Heard of Boudicca? Queen of the Iceni? She is but one example, maybe you should read more Celtic literature before you ask such questions

As for childbirth, it can be painful and complicated, but women haven't stopped yet..... I experienced it 3 times myself
    Dick Dastardly: "MUTTLEY, DO SOMETHING!!!!"
    Muttley: "Hehehehehehehehehe"

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." - Albus Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Heard of Boudicca? Queen of the Iceni? She is but one example, maybe you should read more Celtic literature before you ask such questions
    Then I wouldn't have to ask such questions, eh?
    Anyway, indeed I don't know many Celtic sagas, but in Germanic ones, it is always very clear, that when it comes to inheritance women and men were not equal, the same goes for fighting, which doesn't mean women never fought though, when it had to be done, it had to be done
    It seems in general Celtics had more of a matriarchy and Germanics more of a patriarchy.
    The important thing is Germanics were more successful
    So we shall ditch the Celtic habit of old
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast