Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing For Christmas?

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

What Are You Doing For Christmas?

I get presents from my parents. And We have a nice family dinner.

But this year I opt to be away from family. To be alone. Because I'm tired of them.

When I was a young child, I used to get on my knees and pray to God for world peace and that he help all those in need.

I plan to just rest and enjoy my solitude this year, catch up on my zzz's.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 13th, 2010 @ 02:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Lower Saxony Lower Saxony
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I will do the same as always. I will sit alone infront of my pc, answer emails, browse forums and hope some people to come online to get rid of my boredom and soltitude

Just an ordinary day for me.
    Ceterum censeo Iudaeam esse delendam.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 @ 08:02 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I don't celebrate it. Just the same thing as always: answering mails, browsing a forum. Being bored and lonely.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, January 16th, 2021 @ 09:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftWood View Post
    I plan to just rest and enjoy my solitude this year, catch up on my zzz's.
    I have all of next week off of work and into the following week as well. I have plenty of chores to do around the house but I plan to catch up on some sleep myself. ee20:

For Christmas day, I'll drive down to my brother's house and spend the day with him and his family. He's the closest to me and the rest of my family has left the cold of northern New England for warmer climes...so, they're thousands of miles away, alas.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    On Christmas I'm gonna celebrate our Lord's birth and have a good meal with my hubby and some friends.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Saturday, January 16th, 2021 @ 09:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    On Christmas I'm gonna celebrate our Lord's birth and have a good meal with my hubby and some friends.

Happy birthday, Jesus!

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Sunday, September 28th, 2008 @ 03:36 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    For my girlfriend I'm painting an abstract of the view from her bedroom window, to hang on the wall beneath it. I'll try not to drink too much at the feast so that I'll feel like shopping on-line the next day. And I might take my little brother to his first midnight Mass.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well, I'm doing lots for Christmas and Yule, but just for Christmas day...

I'll probably get up around 8AM because I can't sleep until forever like everybody else. Instead of running around the house trying to wake everyone else up for presents, as I used to when I was younger, I'll spend the time between my rise and the rise of my family to make Christmas breakfast. I'm not sure what is going to be on the menu, still. I wrote out a few preliminary menus, but I'm not positive. I think I'm going to be making a cherry cream cheese pound cake, a frittata of some sort and sausage, though.

Then my household family (myself, my mother, my brother, and my foster sister) will sit around the table and eat breakfast. The dog will probably beg for scraps, and because we love him and it's Christmas, we'll probably make him his own separate bowl of breakfast.

Next, we'll do presents. I'll probably have to crawl under the tree to get them out, because for some reason our household-to-household gifts always wind up near the interior. We'll unwrap them. Mom will squirrel any re-usable bags and paper away. Mom probably won't understand the card on her presents, so my brother and I will make some strange and comical sounds to make it seem as though she is actually laughing at the joke on the card.

Next, will come "the loaf period". People will be taking turns getting their showers in and their hair dried. Meanwhile, as we wait, everyone has their own ordeals to attend to. The dog will graciously slobber over his special holiday treats and hide them so that we don't try to get our mouths around them. My brother will repeat, a bunch of lines from the 300 movie. My sister will be happy and rearrange her carebears so the new one will fit. She'll probably call me into her room to ask for an opinion as to the best way to arrange them. I think I'll recommend a fading gradient with the new white bear at the end further from the wall. She'll flip through her books and comment on interesting things that catch her eye. My mother will attempt to use her new coffee machine, unpack the new set of knives, and try to decide which old knives she is willing to throw out. She'll brew herself some strong coffee and compare and contrast it to Starbuck's and Dunkin' Donuts. I'll look around my room and try to figure out where to put my new crap. I'll probably color a few Mandalas because I know my mother got me two Mandala coloring books. There will probably be a fight over the DVD player in the family room, because everyone else is getting at least one DVD. It will be resolved that considering there are 5 different DVD players in the house (der), my sister can watch hers on her computer, my brother can watch 300 on his TV, and Mom can sit and watch her dolphin movie in the family room.

Once everyone is clean and in their Sunday best, the next adventure will begin. My mother will complain that all of my formal and semi-formal shoes are open-toed and that my feet are going to freeze off. I will do what teenagers do best--ignore her. We'll pack up Mom's famous fruit and gelatin mold and whatever sort of cake I make. I'll probably have to keep them company in the back seat of the car. Mother, Mike and I are all going to one of my paternal aunt's homes a few cities away. My foster sister is spending the day with members of her blood family. We'll bring a few bags of gifts along with us, for Aunt Terry (our hostess), Uncle Luke (her husband), Aunt Dolores, Uncle Steve, Aunt Renee, Uncle Ed, and cousin Tara's family (Tara is Renee's daughter.). I picked out a great gift for Tara's family, even though her kids are brats, she's a brat, and her husband is... not really part of our family in our opinion. I have a feeling that cousin Sharon and her son Kyle might show up this year, although they normally never come. She's been strange since her mother, my Aunty Anne, died. I'm going to tell Mom to stick an extra gift in the bag just in case. My brother will insist that everyone in the car listens to either speed metal or emo music on the way to Greenwich. I'll argue in favor of classic rock or soft and contemporary. We'll settle on S&C up and emo on the way back. I'll either read or take a nap. I might try to beat the turnstile again.

About 40 minutes later we'll be at Terry's house. I'll bring a bag of presents and the cake in. Terry will greet me, take my things and kiss me on the cheek. She'll comment on what a spectacular young woman I am, and how my brother is a Titan amongst men... except Uncle Steve. We'll probably be early. Mike and I will sit in their den or foyer and pretend to care about whatever is on TV. We'll talk. Cousin Lukey will probably swing in and lisp at us and give me a death stare. Cousin David will come in and talk to us about Star Wars and poker. The various other family members will arrive, greet us and give us gift money. Aunt Renee usually gives me an actual gift. Aunt Dolores will try to talk to Mike and I about what we plan to do in the future.

Uncle Luke's mother will arrive--then the party will really be started. We'll eat whatever sort of Italian food they made. They usually have a ham. Mike and I will talk to Uncle Luke's mother and she'll say some hilarious things. Then we'll eat the cheesecake she made and some of the peanut-butter-balls Aunt Dolores made. Mom will be in the other room talking about how she is sending both of her children to Europe, the grades we've been getting, the choir we're in, the projects we've taken to. My aunts will say something about each to me. I'll treat it like it's not as big of a deal as Mom makes it out to be--because it's not. Mike will get yelled at for having a bizarre or instable career aspiration. I will bring up the artist argument ("If I told you all I wanted to be an artist, you would sit there and say it was wonderful."). My aunts will stop trying to argue with him about it, then. We'll low-five under the coffee table.

We'll see new pictures of cousin Autumn and everybody else we haven't seen in forever. I'll start to feel tired and ask my mother when we're going to leave.

We'll leave around 5. We'll gather up our things and they'll make us mandatory "care packages". I won't want anything other than a piece of Luke's Mom's cheesecake and if Luke's brother makes something, that too. He's a chef. He's good at cooking. Wouldn't you hope? Once we're in the car, I'll look back at the house and I'll see cousin Lukey standing on the porch glaring at me.

We'll come home and it'll be dark. It won't be that late, but I'll be tired because being around old people takes a lot out of me. I'll change into pajamas and eat the other piece of cheesecake. I'll say I'm going to bed, but really, I'll get sidetracked by either a movie or something on the computer or a book. I'll be up until probably 3AM.

I think that's the extent of what I'm doing for Christmas.
    Polygamy: it might not be for you, but what right do you have to keep it from me?

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon & Swedish
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    My young brothers will probably wake me up at 6am like they do every year so we can open presents. :o Then we'll go to Church. After that, have a big family lunch with all the uncles/aunts/cousins/etc. In the afternoon we'll probably go swimming, either using someone's pool or walking down to the beach. In the evening we'll have dinner with family again.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 07:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Wow, Next World, that was quite a report!

On Yule day I will basically wake up early, catch one or two trains to Geneva airport and head back home. My sweetheart's gonna pick me up by noon time and hopefully we'll spent the rest of the day cuddling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast