@
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

"It's Only the Inside That Counts"

Do you think that's true? I think focusing on the inside qualities of a person while asking us to ignore the physical aspect is as superficial/shallow as they claim focusing on the physical aspect is.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 13th, 2010 @ 01:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Lower Saxony Lower Saxony
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yes. In the beginning, a nice looking partner can be nice for person searching a partner but does that really show any compatibilities? When people get older they lose their beauty and only their character remains. That's why many older guys deeply regret their choice - they chose the beautiful one but now got only trouble with her and do not even have any feelings anymore because they beauty is gone.
    Ceterum censeo Iudaeam esse delendam.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, October 1st, 2010 @ 11:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Physical appearance is the first aspect we notice in others. We determine whether or not an individual is approachable or even a suitable partner based on how he/she looks and acts, which is why we place so much emphasis on dressing our best, often with the help of cosmetics and expensive clothing. Having a pretty face and good social skills gives us that VIP ticket we need in society to progress. Our success in life and love boils down to the "superficial" qualification of looking good and first impressions. The idea that "it's only the inside that matters" is just another all-encompassing point of view to make those unlucky few feel more accepted.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    Yes. In the beginning, a nice looking partner can be nice for person searching a partner but does that really show any compatibilities? When people get older they lose their beauty and only their character remains. That's why many older guys deeply regret their choice - they chose the beautiful one but now got only trouble with her and do not even have any feelings anymore because they beauty is gone.
    Hmm, well you're asexual Janus, of course you agree. :p I'd say it shows sexual compatibilities at least. When we're young adults, we choose partners we are physically attracted to. If we can't get aroused by them in bed, well, you know... and if we can't get it on, we can't have a good relationship, nor have kids. When we get older and older and our beauty fades (and sex gets rarer and rarer too :p) it won't matter so much but by then we'll already have built families for ourselves.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Hmm, well you're asexual Janus, of course you agree. :p I'd say it shows sexual compatibilities at least. When we're young adults, we choose partners we are physically attracted to. If we can't get aroused by them in bed, well, you know... and if we can't get it on, we can't have a good relationship, nor have kids. When we get older and older and our beauty fades (and sex gets rarer and rarer too :p) it won't matter so much but by then we'll already have built families for ourselves.
    I am asexual but most men are not really choosy on the look on their possible partner either if they get along eachother as persons. As long as the partner is not totally repulsive it will work for men.
    Well, unfortunately, people do not build families anymore today.

Quote Originally Posted by Deary
    Physical appearance is the first aspect we notice in others. We determine whether or not an individual is approachable or even a suitable partner based on how he/she looks and acts, which is why we place so much emphasis on dressing our best, often with the help of cosmetics and expensive clothing. Having a pretty face and good social skills gives us that VIP ticket we need in society to progress. Our success in life and love boils down to the "superficial" qualification of looking good and first impressions. The idea that "it's only the inside that matters" is just another all-encompassing point of view to make those unlucky few feel more accepted.
    That's why I despise almost all females...

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 10:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I don't see why it should be 'only' this or 'only' that.

Both the inside and the outside count, I don't see why they should be mutually exclusive or how they're not equally important.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    I am asexual but most men are not really choosy on the look on their possible partner either if they get along eachother as persons. As long as the partner is not totally repulsive it will work for men.
    Well, unfortunately, people do not build families anymore today.
    Ya see, when you say "as long as the partner is not totally repulsive", you just prove that the outside does count for them too. If it didn't and the assertion were true, totally repulsive women shouldn't be rejected. When I say that the outside counts I don't mean someone should be a supermodel or even attractive by general standards, I'm sayin that when a man cares about how a woman looks or vice versa, to them the outside counts. Who knows, maybe some folks are especially attracted to uglies.
    That's why I despise almost all females...
    You shouldn't keep saying that cause some females find this an attractive challenge. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Axis View Post
    I don't see why it should be 'only' this or 'only' that.

Both the inside and the outside count, I don't see why they should be mutually exclusive or how they're not equally important.
    Oh I totally agree with you there. To me, both the inside and the outside count.

Case in point, the person who told me about this "it's only the inside..." thing was a fat lady with a moustache who couldn't get a date. :p So I'm just sayin, some folks seem to be bothered that the outide counts too.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Ya see, when you say "as long as the partner is not totally repulsive", you just prove that the outside does count for them too. If it didn't and the assertion were true, totally repulsive women shouldn't be rejected. When I say that the outside counts I don't mean someone should be a supermodel or even attractive by general standards, I'm sayin that when a man cares about how a woman looks or vice versa, to them the outside counts. Who knows, maybe some folks are especially attracted to uglies.

You shouldn't keep saying that cause some females find this an attractive challenge. :p
    Sure, they do. Only in extreme situations but they usually do.

Well, I'd love to see them taking my sayings as challenge. Maybe it makes them challenge their own behaviour and become less superficial beings ;D

Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2009 @ 07:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "It's only the inside that counts"
    No, no, no and no. The "inside" & the "outside" are both intertwined facets of an individual. How we feel about a person's look is often influenced (whether we notice or not) by our general opinion of the said person, and vice versa. We often forgive things we shouldn't to beautiful individuals, or find a basically attractive "slutty" women disgusting because of how she acts and lives.

The person who'd come to me and talk about this inside-outside distinction in real life would get laughed at. There is no way our brains are designated to separate people in two parts we can judge singly.
    "The heavenly motions... are nothing but a continuous song for several voices, perceived not by the ear but by the intellect,
    a figured music which sets landmarks
    in the immeasurable flow of time."

Last Online
    Sunday, November 9th, 2008 @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    MYOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Kurtz's view and mine are identical on this matter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast