View Poll Results: Which Germanic country/region has stayed most true to its heritage?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denmark

25 14.37%
  • The German lands (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg etc.)

30 17.24%
  • England

3 1.72%
  • Iceland

98 56.32%
  • The Netherlands/Flanders

10 5.75%
  • Norway

45 25.86%
  • Sweden

20 11.49%
  • Australia/NZ

6 3.45%
  • Canada

2 1.15%
  • South Africa

8 4.60%
  • The USA

6 3.45%
  • The Germanic Enclaves

19 10.92%
  • Other

13 7.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Germanic Nation Excels Presently/Has Stayed Truest to Its Heritage?

Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    German Empire German Empire
    Single adult
    Politics
    Reactionary
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Which Germanic nation excels presently?

Quote Originally Posted by Aistulf View Post
    [*]Fryslân/Friesland - I'd say it's the most livable place in the Netherlands. Except bigger cities like Leeuwarden. It's more or less my favorite province.[/list][/list]
    Thank you for mentioning Friesland, which I completely forgot to consider in the poll. Of course Friesland stretches far into NW-Germany too. I am not so sure about the Padania region in Northern Italy because no Germanic language is spoken there.

Senior Member FinstererStreiter's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 24th, 2016 @ 12:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Psychologist
    Politics
    Law&Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AW: Re: Which Germanic nation excels presently?

Quote Originally Posted by Leofric View Post
    I must say that at the moment, it looks like the English have the greatest advantage over the long term in a multilingual European state, since no other language enjoys the same prestige on a global scale as does the language of the English.
    I´ve to disagree here. The most spoken language in Europe is, by far, German. Germany isn´t going to lose this advantage. Today, around 91 mio. Europeans speak German as their native language (Germany, Austria, big parts of Switzerland and some other small german-speaking territories), followed by some more million people who speak German as a foreign language.
    English is not in the strongest position anymore. The ethnical composition of Britain is changing, and so does the language.

I wouldn´t be amazed if the EU would set German as a main language in the future. The role and the prestige of the German language in the world is rising, not declining. Chinese for example are learning German to an very high extent, as Asia generally.
    Sure, English is the major worldwide language right now, but I´m unsure about the future of this premisse.

To the topic: I think Iceland and Deutsch-Schweiz are in a good condition.

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009 @ 11:53 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Euhesperides View Post
    Thank you for mentioning Friesland, which I completely forgot to consider in the poll. Of course Friesland stretches far into NW-Germany too.
    I know, unfortunately the Frisians from Germany barely speak their dialect of Frisian anymore...

I am not so sure about the Padania region in Northern Italy because no Germanic language is spoken there.
    That's unfortunate, though, does that make them a different people all of a sudden? I mean, speaking of the earlier; Are the Frisians from Ostfriesland any less Frisian because they've adopted Deutsch as their tongue? Really, the North-South divide in Italy is rather apparant; even the multiculti media often makes notice of it and official statistics are often measured seperately for the north and south.

There are some very good books on the history of that region. Bayrischer Rundfund produced a nice DVD also some time ago, which I ordered and really enjoyed. (They basically concluded what everybody can see and conclude there).

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 @ 10:48 AM
    Subrace
    Teutonordid (Hallstatt)
    Crossed in love
    Occupation
    student/musician/
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: AW: Re: Which Germanic nation excels presently?

Quote Originally Posted by Vhailor View Post
    I´ve to disagree here. The most spoken language in Europe is, by far, German. Germany isn´t going to lose this advantage. Today, around 91 mio. Europeans speak German as their native language (Germany, Austria, big parts of Switzerland and some other small german-speaking territories), followed by some more million people who speak German as a foreign language.
    English is not in the strongest position anymore. The ethnical composition of Britain is changing, and so does the language.

I wouldn´t be amazed if the EU would set German as a main language in the future. The role and the prestige of the German language in the world is rising, not declining. Chinese for example are learning German to an very high extent, as Asia generally.
    Sure, English is the major worldwide language right now, but I´m unsure about the future of this premisse.

To the topic: I think Iceland and Deutsch-Schweiz are in a good condition.
    Beg me to disagree.

English is the dominant language in business thanks to England and US, the biggest economy in the world. I do not see anything that would hinder this development. I haven't heard chinese studying Germany, I've heard them studying English. Even in Eastern European countries where Germany has previously had strong position more young people are choosing to english. Unlike with English I don't believe the number of German speakers will increase in the future.

Etnical composition in Britain is changing indeed, however as long as the institutions remain english so does the rest of the kingdom.

The english language dominates the world and will dominate in the future as well.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aistulf View Post
    (German) South Tyrol in Northern Italy - Lovely place with very few foreigners. I've been there a few years ago, I don't think much has changed.
    Bringing "foreigners" there is state policy! There were great efforts to settle ethnic Italians on once German land. Last time I have been there there were quite a few, but I don't know how it has changed, does someone else have more information here?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Senior Member FinstererStreiter's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 24th, 2016 @ 12:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Psychologist
    Politics
    Law&Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AW: Re: AW: Re: Which Germanic nation excels presently?

Quote Originally Posted by peterthegreat View Post
    Beg me to disagree.

English is the dominant language in business thanks to England and US, the biggest economy in the world. I do not see anything that would hinder this development.
    The British economy is already on a lower level than the German one, and the US economy will get severe trouble by the consequences of globalisation. The globalisation is eating it´s founders. China is rising up, and even if the USA have a rising economy right now, the production factors are becoming more expensive. The cheap labour leaves the country, called outsourcing.

As I said: English is the major and most important language on the globe right now. But I don´t think this language will be so influencal in, lets say, 30 or 40 years. Sure it will stay very important, but other languages will gain importance.
    The english language dominates the world and will dominate in the future as well.
    The same things said the Romans, who´ve dominated the known world back then, regarding "Latin" 2000 years ago, and look what happened...

The only constance in the development of languages is "Change".

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 03:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Some public school systems in the US are starting to teach Mandarin.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 @ 10:48 AM
    Subrace
    Teutonordid (Hallstatt)
    Crossed in love
    Occupation
    student/musician/
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Which Germanic nation excels presently?

Quote Originally Posted by Vhailor View Post
    The British economy is already on a lower level than the German one, and the US economy will get severe trouble by the consequences of globalisation. The globalisation is eating it´s founders. China is rising up, and even if the USA have a rising economy right now, the production factors are becoming more expensive. The cheap labour leaves the country, called outsourcing.

As I said: English is the major and most important language on the globe right now. But I don´t think this language will be so influencal in, lets say, 30 or 40 years. Sure it will stay very important, but other languages will gain importance.

The same things said the Romans, who´ve dominated the known world back then, regarding "Latin" 2000 years ago, and look what happened...

The only constance in the development of languages is "Change".
    This goes slightly off topic,

Since after the WW2 The British economy has always been "on a lower level" than Germanys, If recent trend continues, not for long though.

I wonder where this talk about US diminishing economic power originates. Everyone seems to repeat it except the bankers. Standards & Poor, biggest credit rate provider in the world, couldn't praise US economy more this year.

www.standardandpoors.com

Outsourcing and the escape of manufacturing jobs has made US more prosperous than ever. They increase productivity. There's no indication that future belongs Germany quite the contrary, German had its moment already, now its turn for English

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 03:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The US dollar is the reserve currency of the world. This is the only reason the US economy hasn't collapsed. All the other major economies are dependent on US consumption & have to finance that consumption. America's main export is money. But when the deluge finally comes it could be the Asians who end up getting burned. They have all that cash & we have all that junk made in Asia.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 12th, 2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Madoc View Post
    But when the deluge finally comes it could be the Asians who end up getting burned. They have all that cash & we have all that junk made in Asia.
    You think it's funny?

Quote Originally Posted by peterthegreat View Post
    Outsourcing and the escape of manufacturing jobs has made US more prosperous than ever. They increase productivity.
    This you must explain in detail to me. If the production is being outsourced to an extend that their is no production anymore, then this is increasing productivity (=output of production)

Well, if this is so, I'suggest the US should outsource all their aerospace and defence production. Best places - recommended by Rich & Poor - would be China, or maybe Nigeria. Mexico also is a good place. Or Russia.

Dude, tell me which goddamned jews have washed your brain?

If you are one of the Chosen, then sorry.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast