Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Countries with a Germanic Influence?

Last Online
    Thursday, July 7th, 2011 @ 06:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That simple map shows the administrative status of Germanic languages - whether official or co-official. That's why French and Italian cantons of Switzerland are included: because even if Geneva and Tessin (for instance) aren't Germanic areas, German happens to be a co-official language there.

Anyway - I don't see why we are still arguing. We seem to agree in that Finland is not outright Germanic, but is clearly Germanic-influenced. Then this influence will have its place in this new section, along with other Germanic legacies which may be distinctly recognizable around the continent.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 @ 11:48 AM
    Subrace
    Teutonordid (Hallstatt)
    Crossed in love
    Occupation
    student/musician/
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    LOL Your answers contain less and less genuine arguments and more and more insults. Are you tired, Peter? That would explain your...unclear?..writing style.

Ouh please, the only argument you have is that I am allegedly wrong because I stated Finns and Finland has received more Germanic input than French and Italians. You are complete buffoon. To begin this topic had nothing top do whether Finland is actually Germanic or not, it was just something you pick out of thin air from me to use it against me since you were out of reasonable arguments to back your initial claims of French and Italians being more Germanic than Irish or Finns. I have to be honoust, I am getting slightly irritated. I've expressed enough information about historical events and the current situation of Finland. It's up to oneself to decide whether Finland is Germanic as a country or not and judging by my reputation posts many seem to agree with me. I couldn't give a damn what some docile French Canadian think about the issue.

YOU talk about Germanic influence on a WHOLE COUNTRY called Finland (sufficient to call Finland Germanic, according to your views, which is the core of the problem), while I'm more more moderate in telling certain regions and countries in Europe and N-America are non-Germanic but influenced to different level and on different faces. And Tyrol is downright Germanic, not more or less than Aaland islands because they're incorporated in a Romance state or because they look less Teutonic!
    Following your logic, I am being moderate too and legitimately tell that Finland is the most Germanic and Swedish country in the world since the most Swedish speaking municipality in the world is Kornäs, Finland (Österbotten). Åland comes very close too. (This is actually a fact, about)

Please inform me in which way it is. This is totally relevant in this forum, which is about Germanic influence on non-Germanic "ethnicities, cultures, countries and locations world-wide".
    French Canadian have arguably received Germanic. Has this affected in their culture? Please, tell us. I am interested.

What do I "wannabe"? If someone here wants to be someone or something he isn't, it has to be you. I know you must feel alien surrounded by Finno-Ugrians, but you could still move to Sweden.
    Nah, I am pretty damn happy to be the goodlooking me. Occasionally it's frusrating having to deal the French-Canadians without knowledge of genetics nor interest in any other country apart from the one where their ancestors left. Anyway, don't get me wrong. I love to educate you. I am sure by now you've learned that the most Germanic influenced non-Germanic people are Finns.

LOL x 1000! Goddamn Finland is considered peripherally Germanic by your little linguistic map. You know why? Because it is.
    It's considered Germanic because Germanic languae has an official position in the country.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2009 @ 08:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterThaGreat View Post
    Ouh please, the only argument you have is that I am allegedly wrong because I stated Finns and Finland has received more Germanic input than French and Italians. You are complete buffoon. To begin this topic had nothing top do whether Finland is actually Germanic or not, it was just something you pick out of thin air from me to use it against me since you were out of reasonable arguments to back your initial claims of French and Italians being more Germanic than Irish or Finns. I have to be honoust, I am getting slightly irritated. I've expressed enough information about historical events and the current situation of Finland. It's up to oneself to decide whether Finland is Germanic as a country or not and judging by my reputation posts many seem to agree with me. I couldn't give a damn what some docile French Canadian think about the issue.
    1) Your first sentence is erroneous. Finland as received more Germanic input than Italians and French. Where have I opposed this? That's a well-received fact.

2) Where do I claim that French and Italians are more Germanic than Irish or Finns?. Claiming things such as this would only make me look as obnoxious as you do by literally "claiming" Finland as a Swedish land because Swedish settled there and lived among the most numerous Finnic Finns.

3) I do like your penultimate sentence. This debate is mostly over, it's up to members here to decide whether they consider Finland a Germanic country or not. Keep in mind though that the admins of this forum do not.

4) Your last sentence reveals pretty much your ignorance of the mean of "docile".

Following your logic, I am being moderate too and legitimately tell that Finland is the most Germanic and Swedish country in the world since the most Swedish speaking municipality in the world is Kornäs, Finland (Österbotten). Åland comes very close too. (This is actually a fact, about)
    Finland is the most Swedish influenced country in the world, this without a doubt. Even if it's not a competition as you already said. The rest of this paragraph has no value.

French Canadian have arguably received Germanic. Has this affected in their culture? Please, tell us. I am interested.
    I'll open a topic very soon about it, while I'm on vacation.

Nah, I am pretty damn happy to be the goodlooking me. Occasionally it's frusrating having to deal the French-Canadians without knowledge of genetics nor interest in any other country apart from the one where their ancestors left. Anyway, don't get me wrong. I love to educate you. I am sure by now you've learned that the most Germanic influenced non-Germanic people are Finns.
    I surely have no interested in other countries if I spend hours debating with you about Finland, Ireland and Tyrol eyes:.

And are they the Finns or the Irish? Ah, well, I just forgot it's not a competition.

It's considered Germanic because Germanic languae has an official position in the country.
    Peripherally germanic. Blue =/= green, right?
    "The heavenly motions... are nothing but a continuous song for several voices, perceived not by the ear but by the intellect,
    a figured music which sets landmarks
    in the immeasurable flow of time."

Senior Member Soldier of Wodann's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 11:01 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Estonia is one of the most Germanic influenced non-Germanic countries, The Germanic component in a such a small popula as Estonians is far more greater than in French, not to even mentioning Italians.
    Maybe ethnically, which I still highly doubt, but it is certainly far more culturally foriegn than Italy or France. Western Europe and Central Europe (I.E. Germania) have a lot more in common than do Central and Eastern Europe. They are very alienated, even pre-USSR domination.

We are born to fight and to die and to continue the Flow
    The Flow of our People

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Teutonordid (Hallstatt)
    Crossed in love
    Occupation
    student/musician/
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Wodann View Post
    Maybe ethnically, which I still highly doubt, but it is certainly far more culturally foriegn than Italy or France. Western Europe and Central Europe (I.E. Germania) have a lot more in common than do Central and Eastern Europe. They are very alienated, even pre-USSR domination.
    Phew pure bollocks, you don't nothing about the country ruled over centuries by Teutonic order of knights. Estonia has been part of the Soviet Union for over 90 years, ofcourse they alienated, However Estonia is a protestant (Lutheran) nortern European country culturally way more closer to Germanic Northern Europe than catholic France and Italy have ever been. This comes to Estonia's and Estonians phenotype which way more closer Germanic sphere than your Dagoland or France.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Propaganda, are you on crack?
    No thank you, I am sober.
    We are debating in a thread about Germanic input of different non-Germanic folk. I believe it's very justifiable to include Finns in the discussion after all over 30% of the etnic-Finns of Finland can trace their direct paternal to Sweden. Same goes by culture, Finnic culture does not show in the political, religious, admistrative, educational institutions of the country, just as Negroid, Italian or Polish culture does not show in the institions of USA despite many Americans can trace their ancestry to those particular countries, why? Because the country is Germanic, not Italian, Polish or African.
    I believe you were saying Finland is a Germanic country. That is not the same as having Germanic influence.

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts
    So you're saying Finland is Germanic? OMG, what a crock of shit. For Pete's sake Pete ( ) the ancestral language of the Finns ain't Swedish, it's Finnish. Swedish is the ancestral language of the Swedes. It's like saying Negroes are Anglo-Saxons cause they speak English. eyes: Speaking of crack you gotta tell me what you're on, I want some whatever it is. :p

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Teutonordid (Hallstatt)
    Crossed in love
    Occupation
    student/musician/
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    So you're saying Finland is Germanic? OMG, what a crock of shit. For Pete's sake Pete ( ) the ancestral language of the Finns ain't Swedish, it's Finnish. Swedish is the ancestral language of the Swedes. It's like saying Negroes are Anglo-Saxons cause they speak English. eyes: Speaking of crack you gotta tell me what you're on, I want some whatever it is. :p

Have you actually any of the posts I've written nor any of the arguments; just a hint I am not talking about Finns but Finland, but I am sure that distinction is a bit too taugh bite for you, right? Anyway, figure it out the rest of the day.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts
    Have you actually any of the posts I've written nor any of the arguments;
    Nope, just the "Finland is Germanic part". When I saw that I didn't need to read more.
    just a hint I am not talking about Finns but Finland, but I am sure that distinction is a bit too taugh bite for you, right? Anyway, figure it out the rest of the day.
    Finland is the ancestral country of the Finns, not Swedes. It's no more a Germanic country than any other non-Germanic country where Germanics dwell. Sorry Petey, but you're just not right and no one here agrees with ya.

Naturbursche
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Let's compare Finland with the USA for Example concerning Germanic-Influence.

Finland received germanic culture and germanic character by germanics settling and living there.
    North America received germanic culture(s) and germanic character(s) by germanic settling there.

Both should not be considered "germanic" countries. The Finns have their own sort of Culture which is influenced by germanic ones but also has it's own unique features.
    North America has probably every culture possible, which results in an own "American" Culture, which is nor fully germanic, nor fully latin, nor fully slavic, nor fully amerinidian.

There will be always only parts of the USA which are germanic, but never as whole country.

Gruß,
    Boche

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast