Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Study: Blondes make men dumb

This looked interesting..
    LONDON, Nov. 18 (UPI) -- Encounters with blonde women such as U.S. film icon Marilyn Monroe make men's mental performance decline, a study has found.

University of Paris X-Nanterre professor Thierry Meyer said the study he co-authored found that when men are around blonde women, their mental performance declines due to prevailing social stereotypes, The Sunday Times of London reported.

The social psychology professor said study subjects were given general knowledge tests after being exposed to a variety of women, and seemed unconsciously to begin to "think blonde."

"This proves that people confronted with stereotypes generally behave in line with them," Meyer said. "In this case blondes have the potential to make people act in a dumber way, because they mimic the unconscious stereotype of the dumb blonde."

Although the finding appeared to reinforce the influence of stereotypes on behaviors and abilities, "EastEnders" and "Doctor Who" star Michelle Collins had a different take.

"I don't think it's to do with hair at all; it's all about the breasts," the blonde actress told the newspaper.
    Source
    http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle2890531.ece

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I am far too intelligent to fall for blondes. I only had one ex-girlfriend who's hair was slightly lighter then mine.

Nah.. I s''poose that it is the stereotype that blondes are stupid that make men "step down" because they don't want to act to "highbrow"I guess... in overall I find the behaviour of men around women at best unintelligent and at worst (esspecialy the younger boys) disturbing.

Last Online
    Monday, March 12th, 2012 @ 01:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Northwest Europe
    Subrace
    Dalo-Faelid w/ Bruenn
    Country
    Other Other
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    student
    Politics
    Representative Town Meeting
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lögsögumaður View Post
    I am far too intelligent to fall for blondes. I only had one ex-girlfriend who's hair was slightly lighter then mine.

Nah.. I s''poose that it is the stereotype that blondes are stupid that make men "step down" because they don't want to act to "highbrow"I guess... in overall I find the behaviour of men around women at best unintelligent and at worst (esspecialy the younger boys) disturbing.
    I agree. It is only in countries where the population is half or more blond that the stereotype fades. It is sad and tragic that people have formed a negative opinion about someone based on their racial traits. The same goes for red headed people.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 @ 11:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    with catoid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Not in the mood
    Occupation
    I've got projects ;P
    Politics
    ineffable
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I find it annoying when people treat me like I'm less intelligent because of my haircolour; oh, she made a mistake, must be stupid blonde. ^^

I don't understand what makes blondes unappealing to people. *pout*

Then again, I have this thing against ginger people... :p
    People turn to poison as quick as lager turns to piss

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freydis View Post
    I don't understand what makes blondes unappealing to people. *pout*
    I don't know... in my case I just go for brunettes, redheads or for some reason Asian (but westernised) girls..
    Perhaps brunettes are more "desired" because some people claim that they have more temperament (or as we say here "pittig")

Quote Originally Posted by Freydis View Post
    Then again, I have this thing against ginger people...
    Yeah, love you too :p (looking at my hair I seem to be slightly ginger)

Last Online
    Saturday, December 6th, 2008 @ 10:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Kansas Kansas
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Idealist
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I think the whole "blondes are dumb" thing is anti-Germanic bs.
    “Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people, a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs-Jon Jay, Federalist Papers

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    This stuff's nothing but a crock of shit. Blondes are the best, that's why everyone wants to be blonde. My hair is naturally dark blonde/light brown but I dye it light blonde cause I think it suits me better.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 @ 11:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    with catoid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Not in the mood
    Occupation
    I've got projects ;P
    Politics
    ineffable
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Wasn't Monroe a bottleblonde anyways?
    People turn to poison as quick as lager turns to piss

Last Online
    Sunday, April 15th, 2012 @ 10:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bayern, Baden, Schwaben, Württemberg
    Country
    German Empire German Empire
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Deutsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The dumb blonde stereotype is bs.I heard somewhere that the stereotype was started during WW2, as another way to make Germany seem bad, i dont know how much truth there is to this? The stereotype is further perpetuated in hollywood because of all the stupid blonde's, but when you look at the hollywood actress's that are blonde almost all are fake blonde's.especially that one girl by the name of paris that seems to stupid to evan have sex.lol i know for a fact that on my mother side, almost all of the women are blonde, and they are strong,smart beautiuful women.i agree with one of the previous posts, the dumb blonde stereotype, is just anti-germanic BS.
    "Sei, was Du willst, aber was Du bist, habe den Mut ganz zu sein."
    (Albert Leo Schlageter)

"Deutsche Einigkeit, meine Stärke - meine Stärke, Deutschlands Macht" (Hermann)

Its as though the stereotype of "dumb blondes" has been created over the last century or so as a symptom of widespread "tall poppy syndrome", in part. Blonde women have historically been celebrated as more beautiful than their swarthy sisters :p and it seems that one generalised response has been to bring blonde women "down a peg or two", in an attempt to neutralise their threat to other (non-blonde) women.

However, I don't think that's the whole picture...

The fact that popularised dumb blonde characters began being created in Hollywood after the end of WW2, (a time when Hollywood was churning out light-hearted, cheerful, fantasy-based films with the intention of elevating the mood en masse of a war torn population, and encouraging the masses to return to "normal" domestic life as quickly as possible) makes me think that the stereotype was also propagated as a response to making men feel less threatened by a growing population of everyday women who'd left the kitchen for the workforce during the years of the WWs.

Consider this scenario - Men return from war to find their naive, dependent little housewives have since become wisened, toughened, independent working women... this makes them feel threatened and worried about the state of society and family... hence, blonde (associated with infancy), unintelligent, ridiculously dependent (think Marilyn Monroe) women began dominating the silver screen... put there by a male dominated film industry. This new breed of infant-like starlets were intended to become role models for everyday women who were "supposed to" be happy to return to a life of domestic slavery... er, I mean, bliss.

Its no wonder that everyone loves to hate blondes now... its not only that they may be perceived as a sexual threat to darker pigmented women... but no one ever really liked the thick-as-a-brick, baby-talking, sexually open blonde Hollywood startlets anyway... maybe they were amusing for a while... but irritating as hell after even a short time...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast