Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 80

Thread: Describe the Polish Character

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Posts
    3,309
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post

    From an American viewpoint, Poles have been better immigrants then the Italians, Irish-Catholics or Jews. But the Poles never had the national political clout any of those groups ever had. But they also have no connection to America's early history or to the experiences of old stock Anglo-Americans so they are of limited help in trying to preserve what is left of old America. Polish-Americans may be in favor of White Nationalism, but have no interest in Germanic preservationism.
    No connection to America's early history.....huh?

    There were Polish settlers at Jamestown. Then there were Polish soldiers in the American Continental Army, most famously Pułaski("the father of the American calvary") and Kosciuszko. Then there was the pioneer Jacob Sadowski, who helped open much of the West to white settlers.

    Then of course Poles fought on both sides in the Civil War. Interestingly, there was actually a plan on the Confederate side to smuggle in 30,000 Polish volunteers from Mexico.

    And so on.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    1,165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taras View Post
    No connection to America's early history.....huh?

    There were Polish settlers at Jamestown. Then there were Polish soldiers in the American Continental Army, most famously Pułaski("the father of the American calvary") and Kosciuszko. Then there was the pioneer Jacob Sadowski, who helped open much of the West to white settlers.

    Then of course Poles fought on both sides in the Civil War. Interestingly, there was actually a plan on the Confederate side to smuggle in 30,000 Polish volunteers from Mexico.

    And so on.
    There were also other ethnic groups, Italians for example, present on the American continent at the time. Their numbers were small, and their influence minute. Whether or not they were present would have been inconsequential to the eventual outcomes of the events you have stated. I would suggest you consider the purpose of this forum before you continue.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Posts
    3,309
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrueLoyalist View Post
    There were also other ethnic groups, Italians for example, present on the American continent at the time.
    Where did I deny that?

    Their numbers were small, and their influence minute. Whether or not they were present would have been inconsequential to the eventual outcomes of the events you have stated.
    Claiming their influence was minute is still different then claiming no connection to early American history.

    I would suggest you consider the purpose of this forum before you continue.
    Im well aware of the purpose of this forum; that doesn't mean one has the right to spread inaccurate information about non-Germanics.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    1,165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taras View Post
    Where did I deny that?
    Nowhere, however, you have attempted to elevate Poles to special status above other groups who were alien to the norm of North American demographics at the time.

    Claiming their influence was minute is still different then claiming no connection to early American history.
    Hardly; no Poles made any decisive contribution to the formation of the United States. Even the examples given by yourself are questionable, at best.

    Im well aware of the purpose of this forum; that doesn't mean one has the right to spread inaccurate information about non-Germanics.
    This is a Germanic forum, you should know what to expect here, and since you have decided to became a part of this community, should not question that. Examination of Polish identity is pertinent to Germanic individuals, especially given the recent influx of Poles into Germanic nations and the seizure of German land by said group. If you wish to pursue a pro-Polish or pro-Slavic agenda, I'm sure those ideals will be more welcome at Stirpes as opposed to the Althing.

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Posts
    3,309
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrueLoyalist View Post
    Nowhere, however, you have attempted to elevate Poles to special status above other groups who were alien to the norm of North American demographics at the time.
    I did no such thing. Americ claimed that Poles have no connection to America's early history, and I refuted that.


    This is a Germanic forum, you should know what to expect here, and since you have decided to became a part of this community, should not question that.
    And where exactly have I questioned the Germanic nature of this forum?

    Examination of Polish identity is pertinent to Germanic individuals, especially given the recent influx of Poles into Germanic nations and the seizure of German land by said group. If you wish to pursue a pro-Polish or pro-Slavic agenda, I'm sure those ideals will be more welcome at Stirpes as opposed to the Althing.
    It's interesting you accuse me of pursuing a pro-Polish/pro-Slavic agenda here, when in fact I've largely abstained from such discussions here.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    1,165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taras View Post
    I did no such thing. Americ claimed that Poles have no connection to America's early history, and I refuted that.
    They have no valid connection to the early United States. One or two mercenaries serving in the Revolutionary War and, as you claim, a handful of Polish settlers in Jamestown (source?) do not constitute any meaningful presence.

    And where exactly have I questioned the Germanic nature of this forum?
    In your response to Americ, and your continued attempts to connect the formation of a Germanic nation to Poles.

    It's interesting you accuse me of pursuing a pro-Polish/pro-Slavic agenda here, when in fact I've largely abstained from such discussions here.
    Until now, it seems.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Posts
    3,309
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrueLoyalist View Post
    They have no valid connection to the early United States. One or two mercenaries serving in the Revolutionary War and, as you claim, a handful of Polish settlers in Jamestown (source?) do not constitute any meaningful presence.
    Whether or not you consider their presence "meaningful" is besides the point. The fact still remains that Poles have connected to American history since the beginning in one way or another.


    As for Jamestown:
    http://www.polamcon.org/jamestown/roles-and-accomp.htm


    In your response to Americ, and your continued attempts to connect the
    formation of a Germanic nation to Poles.
    I fail to see how that's denying the Germanic nature of this forum. Not only that, you're pretty much setting up a strawman here.

    I've never denied America being a predominately Germanic(specifically Anglo-Saxon) nation, in fact I've argued that countless times on other forums to refute the common misconception of America as largely an abstract entity.

    Nevertheless, its never been exclusively Germanic. A nation is a community of communities; and this is especially true with a nation like America.

    Non-Germanic peoples and communities have existed in America since the beginning, and in some cases even before the English came over(Im not referring to "Native Americans" btw). They deserve recognition for their roles in building America; even if it was smaller than that of the larger Anglo population.

    By stating simple facts about Polish involvement within early American history; nowhere did I ever state that they exclusively built this country.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    1,165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taras View Post
    Whether or not you consider their presence "meaningful" is besides the point. The fact still remains that Poles have connected to American history since the beginning in one way or another.


    As for Jamestown:
    http://www.polamcon.org/jamestown/roles-and-accomp.htm
    The "Polish American Congress"? eyes: Unbiased sources, please. That aside, the article only proved my point.

    I fail to see how that's denying the Germanic nature of this forum. Not only that, you're pretty much setting up a strawman here.

    I've never denied America being a predominately Germanic(specifically Anglo-Saxon) nation, in fact I've argued that countless times on other forums to refute the common misconception of America as largely an abstract entity.

    Nevertheless, its never been exclusively Germanic. A nation is a community of communities; and this is especially true with a nation like America.

    Non-Germanic peoples and communities have existed in America since the beginning, and in some cases even before the English came over(Im not referring to "Native Americans" btw). They deserve recognition for their roles in building America; even if it was smaller than that of the larger Anglo population.

    By stating simple facts about Polish involvement within early American history; nowhere did I ever state that they exclusively built this country.
    By that logic, there is no exclusively-Germanic nation, as there are various elements of non-Germanic input in virtually every such nation. If you wish to celebrate the apparent contributions to America by the Polish, take it somewhere else, as this is not the focus of the Althing. Amerindians have contributed more to the development of the US than the Polish.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Posts
    3,309
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrueLoyalist View Post
    The "Polish American Congress"? eyes:
    Genetic fallacy.

    By that logic, there is no exclusively-Germanic nation, as there are various elements of non-Germanic input in virtually every such nation.
    That is true. The whole notion of ethnic homogenity is wishful thinking on the part of "nationalists". Every nation has minority communities within them. A nation doesn't become less of a nation when you acknowledge this simple fact.

    If you wish to celebrate the apparent contributions to America by the Polish, take it somewhere else, as this is not the focus of the Althing.
    You're not on the staff, so you really have no business telling me what I can and cannot post here. I have not received any notices from the staff that my posts violate any of the rules.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    1,165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taras View Post
    That is true. The whole notion of ethnic homogenity is wishful thinking on the part of "nationalists". Every nation has minority communities within them. A nation doesn't become less of a nation when you acknowledge this simple fact.
    Wrong. Ethnic homogenity is threatened by immigration, a concept which the Poles have mastered. The states cited by this forum as Germanic nations and Germanic settlements are, I'm sure, considered Germanic and nothing else by the majority (predominantly Germanic by the rest). Even if today the gene pool is clouded by alien elements, in it's heart and soul the nation stays true to its roots.

    You're not on the staff, so you really have no business telling me what I can and cannot post here. I have not received any notices from the staff that my posts violate any of the rules.
    No one's telling you what you can and cannot post here. However, I am reminding you that this is a Germanic forum, and therefore not a place to preach the achievements of Polish or Slavic groups. If you have a problem with what is being posted here, then simply stop visiting. I, and the others in this thread, will continue to examine Poles from our perspective and without concern for your indignant attitude.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Polish Culture From The Polish Perspective
    By bocian in forum Cultural & Linguistic Anthropology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 02:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •