Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 80

Thread: Describe the Polish Character

  1. #41
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 @ 11:48 AM
    Subrace
    Teutonordid (Hallstatt)
    Gender
    Family
    Crossed in love
    Occupation
    student/musician/
    Posts
    757
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Thorsson View Post
    What I have seen from the thousands of Poles invading my country. They are rather poor people without any knowledge. Lot's of alchoholics, who steal our jobs and try to have fights with the local community. So in my humble opinion I think they're idiots who have to return to Poland.
    Hah:p Post like these always make my day. However I cannnot fully concur, most of the Poles I've met here have been polite and nice, however I read an article on my local newspaper that some pubs in some rural Finnish town had raised a ban for Polish customers The town has a huge contsruction site and lot of the workers there are Poles but also plenty of French and Germans (obviously holding managerial positions), no other etnic group was banned for entering the town nighclub apart from Poles due to the hassles and fights they've been accused of. Ironically, the pubs who are violating the constitution by banning entire etnic group have gone unnoticed by authorities, if they were banning, let say Sudanese or Nigerian negro workers, the goverment ,local authorities and every human rights organization would be after them

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    I think it's a tragedy for you to believe that Germanic countries and cultures started to exist in the 16th century. Because the whole of Europe was Catholic before this time, you knew that Peter?
    What you makes you think I didn't know this? Thanks to the reformist's Northern Europe was liberated; stick on worshipping your Pope!

  2. #42
    Senior Member Drakkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    Monday, March 12th, 2012 @ 02:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Northwest Europe
    Subrace
    Dalo-Faelid w/ Bruenn
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Veneto, Italia
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    student
    Politics
    Representative Town Meeting
    Religion
    Catholic
    Posts
    626
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I just thought about this.. My friend is half Polish and sometimes when he wants to use something, he'll just take it thinking nothing of it, and when I ask him if he's going to say anything about borrowing it, he suspects me of Jewry...
    His dad is exactly like that, when he wants to go fishing, he'll just call up my dad and tell him that he wants to go out expecting that my dad will automatically go ahead even if he has other plans. I just wanted to throw that out there.. I don't know if it's a Polish characteristic or not, since I don't know any other Poles.

  3. #43
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Blood_Axis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Gender
    Age
    41
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Posts
    5,158
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    31
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IlluSionSxxx
    The ones who come to our countries to look for a job are usually the ones who can't find a job in their own country.
    Yes, that's very true. That being said, I think it is unfair to judge a whole nation based on observations that come from their immigrant populations. Since, in general, those who migrate are usually the lowest of the low, when it comes to education and socioeconomic status.

  4. #44
    Senior Member IlluSionSxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 03:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Gender
    Age
    38
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Posts
    582
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Axis View Post
    Yes, that's very true. That being said, I think it is unfair to judge a whole nation based on observations that come from their immigrant populations. Since, in general, those who migrate are usually the lowest of the low, when it comes to education and socioeconomic status.
    That was the point I was trying to make. :p

  5. #45
    Senior Member Jantelover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 @ 10:56 PM
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Gender
    Occupation
    Philosopher
    Posts
    95
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkar View Post
    I just thought about this.. My friend is half Polish and sometimes when he wants to use something, he'll just take it thinking nothing of it, and when I ask him if he's going to say anything about borrowing it, he suspects me of Jewry...
    His dad is exactly like that, when he wants to go fishing, he'll just call up my dad and tell him that he wants to go out expecting that my dad will automatically go ahead even if he has other plans. I just wanted to throw that out there.. I don't know if it's a Polish characteristic or not, since I don't know any other Poles.
    Refreshingly spontaneous or stupefyingly boorish, you decide.eyes:
    In a woman's love is injustice and blindness towards all that she does not love... Woman is not yet capable of friendship: women are still cats and birds. Or, at best, cows. Woman is not yet capable of friendship. But tell me, you men, which of you is yet capable of friendship? --- Nietzsche, TSZ

  6. #46
    Senior Member Angelcynn Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Last Online
    Friday, November 29th, 2019 @ 12:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Politics
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    868
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbionMP View Post


    True! but we did have the Normans who hoisted xInsanity onto the rest of us in the first place!
    You do know that England had been a Christian country for roughly 400 years before the Normans even conquered us, don't you?
    I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger.
    I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night.
    Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power!
    I AM BEOWULF!

  7. #47
    Senior Member Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    1,165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    On the surface, many appear to be honest and hard-working, but I find the vast majority also are opportunistic, manipulative, deceitful and, like the other Slavic groups, have dull and occasionally hostile personalities. They also tend to be arrogant, especially when exporting their heritage and identity abroad, and unaccepting of those outside of their generally close-knit communities.

  8. #48
    Senior Member IlluSionSxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 03:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Gender
    Age
    38
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Posts
    582
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrueLoyalist View Post
    On the surface, many appear to be honest and hard-working, but I find the vast majority also are opportunistic, manipulative, deceitful and, like the other Slavic groups, have dull and occasionally hostile personalities. They also tend to be arrogant, especially when exporting their heritage and identity abroad, and unaccepting of those outside of their generally close-knit communities.
    I would agree with the claim that some Poles are opportunistic, manipulative and deceitful, which I blame on the Jewish element within Polish blood. Nevertheless, I can't tell if this feature is more common among Poles than it is among Western-Europeans. I find it very hard to determine the underlying movies of many of the Poles I hung around with, since I had only three months to live there. What you call arrogant, I'd rather define as ultra-patriotic.

    Their attitude towards foreigners is quite peculiar. In the area I lived (pretty close to the Ukranian border), most Poles are very eager to meet a Western-European when they know one is around, because they see to little Western-Europeans out there. Many, however, lose interest after some time. Basically, this means that they will be extremely hospitable, kind and interested in the first few days or weeks, but they'll become more distant and disinterested afterwards. Of course, there are always exceptions.

    For you to be accepted as a foreigner, however, it is important that you do not behave like the typical "rich" and arrogant Western-European or American. I know a couple of Belgians who were beaten up the very evening they arrived in Poland, most likely because of their own behavior. I dressed and behaved like a Pole, which never lead to any problems but rather to numerous friendly contacts.

    And what about Poles being dull? Well, I've been on a company trip to the Tatra mountains, on a student pilgrimage to Częstochowa and Auschwitz, I was invited to stay for the weekend with a Polish family (with five beautiful daughters ), I frequently went to a pub or disco with some Polish friends, etc. Besides that, I had to work and live my daily life among them. I've experienced Poles both when they're serious and when they're having fun and I can't say they really differ from Western-Europeans in sense of dullness.

  9. #49
    Member Sarmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Thursday, March 15th, 2012 @ 09:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Pommerania Pommerania
    Location
    Thorn
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Posts
    22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't know if it's ok for polish to reply this post but well...we are big nation with lots of differences. Lots of people are catholic, sure thing, but lots are not . Too many polish go to other countries to work and they doesn't learn language and respect for other. I was in England for some time, and polish there are other people than polish in our fatherland. Most of us complain about Poland, because it's hard place to live, comparing to England. But after all I think we love this place (Poland, of course ).
    Once I had a short chat with Russian, he said russian tv claim polish hate russians, and polish tely claim this about them, I said. But it's not whole nations opinions. We can understand and know a man after long time with him. We can know whole nation in same way, not from tv
    But its only a part of my opinion, and I am a one person from large nation, and huge world

    pozdrawiam!

  10. #50
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Dagna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Age
    41
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Posts
    2,098
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    84
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatt View Post
    Don't know if it's ok for polish to reply this post but well...we are big nation with lots of differences. Lots of people are catholic, sure thing, but lots are not . Too many polish go to other countries to work and they doesn't learn language and respect for other. I was in England for some time, and polish there are other people than polish in our fatherland. Most of us complain about Poland, because it's hard place to live, comparing to England. But after all I think we love this place (Poland, of course ).
    Once I had a short chat with Russian, he said russian tv claim polish hate russians, and polish tely claim this about them, I said. But it's not whole nations opinions. We can understand and know a man after long time with him. We can know whole nation in same way, not from tv
    But its only a part of my opinion, and I am a one person from large nation, and huge world

    pozdrawiam!
    Hello. Do you mind me asking what are you doing on a Germanic forum? Do you hold interest in our folk?


    Die Sonne scheint noch.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Polish Culture From The Polish Perspective
    By bocian in forum Cultural & Linguistic Anthropology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 02:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •