Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrueLoyalist View Post
    No one's telling you what you can and cannot post here. However, I am reminding you that this is a Germanic forum
    I have no need to be reminded by you that this is a Germanic forum, I am more than aware of it.

and therefore not a place to preach the achievements of Polish or Slavic groups.
    I guess saying anything remotely postive about Poles and Slavs amounts to "preaching" to you.

If you have a problem with what is being posted here, then simply stop visiting.
    The same logic can easily apply to you.

I, and the others in this thread, will continue to examine Poles from our perspective and without concern for your indignant attitude.
    Well then, why don't you practice what you preach and stop paying attention to my "indignant"(HA!) attitude. Better yet, just place me on ignore. It's not like I'm forcing you to read my posts.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 02:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taras View Post
    I guess saying anything remotely postive about Poles and Slavs amounts to "preaching" to you.
    Doing so in an attempt to justify the Polish invasion of Germanic nations today amounts to just that.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Doing so in an attempt to justify the Polish invasion of Germanic nations today amounts to just that.
    Yeah ok, except I wasn't referring to current immigration issues but dealing with historical ones, in relation to Americ's statement that Poles have "no" connection to America's founding. Nothing else.

Whatever "indignation" I showed or justifying of current "invasions" I put forth are nothing more than figments of your own imagination that you projected onto me.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 02:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Yeah ok, except I wasn't referring to current immigration issues but dealing with historical ones, in relation to Americ's statement that Poles have "no" connection to America's founding. Nothing else.

Whatever "indignation" I showed or justifying of current "invasions" I put forth are nothing more than figments of your own imagination that you projected onto me.
    Americ is correct: Poles do not have a connection to the establishment of America. Providing biased pseudo-sources and using own arguments does not change this fact. Americ's statement was given to support a further point, that being said group is counter-productive to the goal of preserving the true, Germanic United States. By attempting to refute this, you have, even if unintentionally, supported the legitimacy of non-Germanic migration to the US.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    227 Posts
    No connection to America's early history.....huh?

There were Polish settlers at Jamestown. Then there were Polish soldiers in the American Continental Army, most famously Pułaski("the father of the American calvary") and Kosciuszko. Then there was the pioneer Jacob Sadowski, who helped open much of the West to white settlers.

Then of course Poles fought on both sides in the Civil War. Interestingly, there was actually a plan on the Confederate side to smuggle in 30,000 Polish volunteers from Mexico.

And so on.
    Yes, I have heard about those Poles at Jamestown. I believe there may have been a couple of Ukrainians as well.eyes:

As for the Poles who fought in the American Revolution, the fact that they were Freemasons is more relevent then whether they were Poles. Other Freemasons fighting for the American side in that war were La Faywtte & von Steuben. But most of the actually fighting was carried out by Americans of British stock. The war was won by the Continental Army & the French Navy.

Some Confederate was scheming to bring 30,000 Polish troops in via Mexico. It's possible. There was also a nutty scheme to draft slaves to fight for the Confederacy.

There were also other ethnic groups, Italians for example, present on the American continent at the time. Their numbers were small, and their influence minute. Whether or not they were present would have been inconsequential to the eventual outcomes of the events you have stated. I would suggest you consider the purpose of this forum before you continue.
    This is right on point. Jamestown & the founding of Virginia was a English undertaking. The presence of a few Poles was in inconsequential. What was the ration of English to Poles in early Jamestown. 50 to 1? 100 to 1? 500 to 1? And what exactly were their unique contribution that ensured the survival of the Jamestown colony? Did these Poles leave any descendents in America?

Nowhere, however, you have attempted to elevate Poles to special status above other groups who were alien to the norm of North American demographics at the time.
    Taras's arguments reminds me of the inclusionary, multicultural version of history that started being taught in the 70s. It's the "America was always multicultural & a nation of immigrants ", bullsh*t that has been feed to american children for too long. Which is why obscure examples of Poles, Jews or whatever ethnicty was uncommon at the time, must be held up has an example of historical diversity.

This is a Germanic forum, you should know what to expect here, and since you have decided to became a part of this community, should not question that. Examination of Polish identity is pertinent to Germanic individuals, especially given the recent influx of Poles into Germanic nations and the seizure of German land by said group. If you wish to pursue a pro-Polish or pro-Slavic agenda, I'm sure those ideals will be more welcome at Stirpes as opposed to the Althing.
    Americ is correct: Poles do not have a connection to the establishment of America. Providing biased pseudo-sources and using own arguments does not change this fact. Americ's statement was given to support a further point, that being said group is counter-productive to the goal of preserving the true, Germanic United States. By attempting to refute this, you have, even if unintentionally, supported the legitimacy of non-Germanic migration to the US.
    I don't have anything else to add. OneTrueLoyalist has done an excellent job of defending my points & the heritage of Anglo-Americans in my absensce.:thumb001:

Last Online
    Sunday, December 30th, 2007 @ 11:57 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I live in Poland and i know:

Polish peopless are fanatic patriotic (big part of nation)
    Poles are fanatic catholic (little, but powerful part of nation)

Last Online
    Sunday, May 24th, 2009 @ 06:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norway (P) + Scotland (PM) + Austria (MP + MM) + Swabia (MP) + Prussia (MM)
    Subrace
    Nordid-Atlantid and Bruenn
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Paleo-Liberalism
    Religion
    AGNOS/Athiest
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Big heads, small beady eyes and lazy.
    As the expression goes: "Everyone hates the Poles"

Last Online
    Thursday, March 11th, 2010 @ 07:37 PM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    ScotsIrish, English, Norwegian and German
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Married
    Occupation
    Retired* Commercial Truck Driver
    Politics
    White Nationalist
    Religion
    Nordic/Germanic Folkway
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba View Post
    No connection to America's early history.....huh?

There were Polish settlers at Jamestown.
    Please cite your source.
    I'd tend to agree with your other historical claims based on casual knowledge, but not the Jamestown claim.

As a matter of fact, there were not any settlers of Slavic or even Prussian origin in the first northern colonial settlements.

Last Online
    Sunday, May 24th, 2009 @ 06:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norway (P) + Scotland (PM) + Austria (MP + MM) + Swabia (MP) + Prussia (MM)
    Subrace
    Nordid-Atlantid and Bruenn
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Paleo-Liberalism
    Religion
    AGNOS/Athiest
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaleiz View Post
    Please cite your source.
    I'd tend to agree with your other historical claims based on casual knowledge, but not the Jamestown claim.

As a matter of fact, there were not any settlers of Slavic or even Prussian origin in the first northern colonial settlements.

There was no reason for a Slav to migrate to the New World. Poland-Lithuania was one of the freest states in the world, both noblemen and peasants enjoying a great amount of liberties. No one would had traded that for an oppressive colonial government in the New World.

Most of the migration to the New World was an effect from a certain cause, being a traumatic and/or economic event.

1. Religious prosecution and the English Civil War

2. The Irish Potato Famine. (Don't believe the stories of Ireland being poor before the potato famine. It was a major agriculture exporter and one of the richest regions of Europe).

3. Economic slump in Scandinavia

4. The collapse of Poland-Lithuania and exodus of Polish dissidents into the New World.

5. The 1848 revolutions in Central Europe which caused tens of millions to migrate to the United States and Canada.

6. Processes of industrialization and the attraction of cheap agricultural land on the Mid-West.

Those six events more or less account for 90% of Americans being here.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 3rd, 2019 @ 04:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Western Australia Western Australia
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    NS
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaleiz View Post
    Please cite your source.

Jamestown did have Polish settlers, as much as some would like to pretend that everyone in the 13 Colonies was "Germanic"*

http://www.historycooperative.org/jo...65.2/pula.html

These Poles were probably Protestant, though.

*Or that Germanic people never intermarried with Slavs, or that despite their Celtic language and culture, the Scottish Highlanders were actually Germanic, etc.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678