Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe the Polish Character

Last Online
    Saturday, August 30th, 2008 @ 09:55 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As far as the Polish character is concerned I've addressed this issue in past threads I started, but I will repeat a few of those words.

I find Poles to be EXTREMELY stubborn! This inate stubborness is why they get this American characterisation for being dumb. Not only do I find them to be stubborn, but I've also noticed they can be highly emotional. Stubborness and lots of emotions together will often cloud good logic. This stubborness also explains why they remain so loyal to the Catholic Church in a period when most other cultures are seeing that religion for all its faults and foibles.

Physically, most Polish-Americans I've met seemed to be sallow skinned Alpines. I know everyone rushes to classify them as blonde-haired East-Baltids or Neo-Danubians, but I see a lot of them with balding, straight brown hair, tanned sallow skin, hazel eyes, short to medium in stature, stout in build, round faced, with fleshy, coarse facial features. Lots of mustaches and sunglasses too.

I also noticed they could be rather crude and vulgar in their mannerisms, but very hard-working and tidy in their premises. I also noticed that both men and women of this group seem to share a strong weakness for alcohol.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 29th, 2012 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo - Saxon.
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    [Psychologist]
    Politics
    Patriotic
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdm View Post
    I would say it would take at least 4 generations of inter-marriage into English families before someone of Polish descent could be considered English.
    It is very difficult when you start looking back so far. After all , we could do the same thing with the Poles. Many are people from the Baltic coast. Now as we found on Skadi, some Germans were well aware that even in the Nazi era, many Poles we considered 'sufficiently germanic' in racial terms to be incorparated into the future of the Volk. So apart from language - which certainly wouldn't be a problem for the children - many could indeed assimilate without too much difficulty. This would not obviously apply to all!

So I would argue that some may well be absorbed without too much difficulty - beyond the language issue, that is. It is this which underlies the immediate problem for primary schools.... but I do see that some schools at least are already learning to sing a few Polish Christmas carols.....better that than they teach the muslim faith to our own surely....

http://forums.skadi.net/showpost.php...93&postcount=2

Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEnglishNorman View Post
    Given that Poles are not, in the context of all the other immigrant groups, racially or culturally that different from the English, can a son or daughter born to Poles in England be considered English?
    Hmm, well, in comparison with Afroasians, of course they are compatible with English population.

But if youacceptthem, then you should accept any European immigrant as future english. Or any racially comptible people.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo - Saxon.
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    [Psychologist]
    Politics
    Patriotic
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    Hmm, well, in comparison with Afroasians, of course they are compatible with English population.

But if youacceptthem, then you should accept any European immigrant as future english. Or any racially comptible people.
    I would still want to distinguish folk from the North of Europe - even perhaps from the Baltic region, from those of Southern and South East Europe. It is however a matter of degree; we all know where the real problem lies!

Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    I would still want to distinguish folk from the North of Europe - even perhaps from the Baltic region, from those of Southern and South East Europe. It is however a matter of degree; we all know where the real problem lies!

......but at this point we are in the filed of Nordicism, and NOT Germanicism anymore.

And if it's so.......it's a question of subracial compatibilty than a cultural one, since all the immigrants should be anglicized anyway.
    So.......a precise nationality (northern , southern, eastern European) hasn't sense anymore.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 1st, 2012 @ 07:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I know amongst the Germans they have a reputation as thieves and troublemakers, but from my own personal experience, i've never seen this. Most of the Poles i've met have been extremely friendly, easy going, and generous. Although they also can be rude and very loud and intimidating, and most of them seem to like getting completely pissed out of their heads and having fights as well.

As Oswiu says though, there are far too many in England at the moment. Whether i like the Poles or not, i like the English better, and i prefer to keep my country as English as possible.
    I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger.
    I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night.
    Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power!
    I AM BEOWULF!

Last Online
    Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For some reason Poles don't seem to like Poland!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo - Saxon.
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    [Psychologist]
    Politics
    Patriotic
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbionMP View Post
    For some reason Poles don't seem to like Poland!
    well, it is rather poor -- and has an uncertain future ....

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 18th, 2017 @ 11:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    While Poles are much more compatible with English people, in a way that is the problem. It would take centuries to blend Africans into the population to the point that such ancestry would not be discernible. With Poles however in a couple of generations they would be blended to a point where they couldn't easily be separated out. With almost a million here already, the British population would soon be fundamentally altered on a racial level, and it would be irreversible. If there is interbreeding with Asians and Africans, people who want to stay true to the English people won't have a hard time avoiding those with non-English blood, if there was interbreeding with Poles then they would. It's the same sort of mistaken argument that mainstream conservatives make in favour of integration and against multiculturalism, I say if immigrants have to be here, then it is better to have clear lines between them and us by letting them keep their own culture and staying in their own areas, rather than slowly blending everything together.

Put simply it's the thin end of the wedge; first it is Poles, then Bulgarians, beacuse they're fairly close to Poles, then Armenians, because they're not that different to Bulgarians, then Turks, because they aren't far off Armenians, then it's Arabs, because they aren't that different from Turks, then there's Berbers, because they're a lot like arabs, then there's nigerians, because hey, they're fairly compatible with Berbers.

Whether you ship in Poles first, or skip straight to the Nigerians, the end result is the same.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 @ 10:48 AM
    Subrace
    Teutonordid (Hallstatt)
    Crossed in love
    Occupation
    student/musician/
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What I have problem with Poles is their catholism. That's the most un-germanic faith ever, there's no room for Pope benders in the protestant Germanic sphere. However if these new immigrant adopt the Northern European protestantism, culturally assimilate I have no problems with Polako's.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast