View Poll Results: Can you be a Muslim and be a Germanic preservationist too?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure thing!

28 13.73%
  • No way!

165 80.88%
  • Other

11 5.39%
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Islam & Germanic Identity

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Sunday, October 6th, 2019 @ 06:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We don't need more or other religions there's already enough as it is what we need is a reemergence of European Philosophy. Kant, Hegel, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Marx, Heidegger - so many great minds our nation gave birth to, dwarfing any achievements Christianity could have or can possibly come up with, much less so a primitive cult such as Islam.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 06:10 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Wisconsin Wisconsin
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    This is not to say that Islam is a positive influence, but Germanics, in the long run, would put their own spin on the religion and make it their own. Just as various Germanic cultures have put their own spin on Christianity. I think that Islamic proselytizers realize this and try to prevent it by attaching Arabic cultural elements - names, foods, language - to the religious instruction.

I'd like to see all Germanics reject Bronze Age Middle Eastern desert gods, but I'm inclined to say that Christianity is the lesser of three evils...

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 12:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Þoreiðar
    If religion has no relevance in regards to one's Germanic belonging, what relevance does language, customs, mentality, traditions - or any cultural expression at all - have in regards to 'Germanicness'? Such a position would render the concept itself completely useless.
    That is ultimately what I'm trying to get at, that there really isn't any necessary reason to convert, everything you have and should hold dear, whether it be spiritually or culturally, is right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sven View Post
    European Philosophy. Kant, Hegel, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Marx, Heidegger -
    Mmm nah, those egotistical sophists only gave us the platform for post-modern idiocy. I'll stick with the likes of Zeno, Aristotle, Plato, Socrates & Marcus Aurelius.

Funny you should mention Marx ...

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Sunday, October 6th, 2019 @ 06:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    That is ultimately what I'm trying to get at, that there really isn't any necessary reason to convert, everything you have and should hold dear, whether it be spiritually or culturally, is right here.

Mmm nah, those egotistical sophists only gave us the platform for post-modern idiocy. I'll stick with the likes of Zeno, Aristotle, Plato, Socrates & Marcus Aurelius.

Funny you should mention Marx ...
    I don't have to agree with them to pay respect where it's due.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarian, Anglo Saxen
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Door Supervisor
    Politics
    NS
    Religion
    Anti Abraham
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One god to rule them all....

Quote Originally Posted by renownedwolf View Post
    Yes, In my opinion,and like I said to an extent. There are varying levels, but at the core it amounts to being traitor, if one would assume that worshiping an outside influence is bad. It leaves one more open to corruption. Christians, Muslims and other various and associated religions worship the one same God, the God of the Jews.
    yes i totally agree, the lies of the old testament are recycled and forced on all people through the 3 corporate religions. They all pray to the Jewish God and they are all trained to hate each other and kill each other (possibly to sacrifice the blood of each other for the god of jews is cruel and demads blood)

Last Online
    Monday, September 2nd, 2019 @ 10:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    British-German
    Subrace
    Nordid-Cromagnid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Throne and Altar
    Religion
    Aryajnana
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    The spiritual value is much higher and stronger in Islam.
    Today, in a generalized sense, you may be correct. Christianity has become degenerated, liberalized, rationalistic, emotional, and lost much of its original vitality. This of course doesn't mean that Christianity is still without spiritual value, I would contend that among Traditional Catholics and Eastern Orthodox this spiritual vigor is still quite strong.

However, are you saying that Islam always has had a much higher spiritual value, than say the Christianity of the Middle Ages?

Quote Originally Posted by Olav View Post
    Islam is an alien concept from a backwards part of the world that encourages people to act no better than the lawless warlords in the Congo.
    Perhaps the Islamic world, for all the problems it has, potentially has cause to call us backward and barbaric. Not because of lawlessness, lack of material comfort, or whatever else a modern Westerner would categorize as barbaric, but because of our current lifestyle and civilization which is entirely devoid of the sacred and has degenerated into a mere economic system for material gain with no higher purpose or order.

I for one would much prefer to live in a theocratic Islamic society with conservative, traditional values and society geared toward the sacred than the modern culturally Marxist West with its skyrocketing divorce rates, terrible family values, gay marriage, idolization of idiotic celebrity pop culture, sex obsession, femininity, greed, consumerism, and the corresponding intellectual regress one finds in such a society, not to speak of the void of utter meaninglessness pervading our society as a whole.

Here is an interesting excerpt from an article by Prince Charles regarding what I speak of--

Modern materialism in my humble opinion is unbalanced and increasingly damaging in its long-term consequences. Yet nearly all the great religions of the world have held an integral view of the sanctity of the world. The Christian message with, for example, its deeply mystical and symbolic doctrine of the Incarnation, has been traditionally a message of the unity of the worlds of spirit and matter, and of God's manifestation in this world and in mankind. But during the last three centuries, in the Western world at least, a dangerous division has come into being in the way we perceive the world around us. Science has tried to assume a monopoly—even a tyranny—over our understanding. Religion and science have become separated, with the result, as William Wordsworth said, "Little we see in nature that is ours". Science has attempted to take over the natural world from God, with the result that it has fragmented the cosmos and relegated the sacred to a separate, and secondary, compartment of our understanding, divorced from the practical day-to-day existence.

We are only now beginning to gauge the disastrous results of this outlook. We in the Western world seem to have lost a sense of the wholeness of our environment, and of our immense and inalienable responsibility to the whole of creation. This has led to an increasing failure to appreciate or understand tradition, and the wisdom of our forebears accumulated over the centuries. Indeed, tradition is positively discriminated against—as if it was some socially unacceptable disease.

I have always felt that tradition is not a man-made element in our lives, but a God-given intuition of natural rhythms, of the fundamental harmony which emerges from the union of those paradoxical opposites which exist in every aspect of Nature. Tradition reflects the timeless order of the cosmos, and anchors us into an awareness of the great mysteries of the universe so that, as Blake put it, we can see the whole universe in an atom and eternity in a moment. That is why I believe Man is so much more than just a biological phenomenon resting on what we now seem to define as "the bottom line" of the great balance sheet of life, according to which art and culture are seen increasingly as optional extras in life. This view is so contrary, for example, to the outlook of the Muslim craftsman or artist, which was never concerned with display for its own sake, nor with progressing ever forward in his own ingenuity, but was content to submit a man's craft to God. That outlook reflects, I believe, the memorable passage in the Qur'an: "Whithersoever you turn, there is the face of God, and God is All-Embracing, All-Knowing". While appreciating that this essential innocence has been destroyed, and destroyed everywhere, I nevertheless believe that the survival of civilized values, as we have inherited them from our ancestors, depends on the corresponding survival in our hearts of that profound sense of the sacred and the spiritual.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 12:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfadur View Post
    The gods of the Indo-European pantheons are not "God" in the monotheistic sense.
    No, that's why the Indians fleshed out Vedic pollytheism into Vedantic philosophy, nondualistic yet undeniably pantheistic (and later why the Buddha founded his philosophy, a drastic reform of hinduism), that's why Christ set out to reform Judaic principle into a more concise all encompasing theology (thus fufilling the Biblical prophecy). And thus why the Kings of Europe sought to convert the pagans, reflesh, and unify.

I don't understand this hatred of Monotheism. Neopagans can't hold water when they don't believe in "God" or Gods proper, when replace it with the "psyche" and the "self"(ego), what separates the Heathen from the LaVeyan? Being folkish? You don't have to be religious to be folkish.
    Can you say for certain what you believe is what the ancient pagans believe? It's no surprise Neopagan "theology" is influenced by the nontheistic age it was born in.

If you've read your Evola, he basically argues that polytheism came naturally to Indo-Europeans because they are a "solar race" and strive to become demi-gods themselves. The "will to power", so to speak.
    I'm not an "Evolist" , I do however find his philosophy interesting, and truthful in some regards. Pagan Indo-Europeans dont hold a monopoly on polytheism either, nor do Christians/Abrahamics with monotheism. Right to Rule is ordained by God, down through the centuries, from Mesopotamia to Her Majesty the Queen.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - I do not agree with the idea that the decline in religious superstition has caused the rise in liberalism, egalitarianism and racial mixing. It was inevitable that power-seeking, free-thinking Europeans would rise out of the medieval Christian darkness, sooner or later.
    Did you not inadvertently support my argument?
    Was it then these "free thinking, power-seeking" induviduals would go on to found our Modern Kali Yuga zeitgeist? This Luciferian clique who on a front values induvidualism, liberality, "democracy", who in reality pulls the strings? You may call it darkness, but nay, we live in a true Dark Age.

Last Online
    Friday, May 11th, 2012 @ 10:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Teutonic
    Ancestry
    Germany, England, Scotland
    Country
    Natural Law
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes, I'd definitely think less of a Germanic who converted to Islam. It's an alien Middle-Eastern religion, founded by a pedophile, and not fit for any sane European person. Muslims are easily as bad as their Semitic cousins, and Islam doesn't even have the few good traits of Judaism (putting a value on education and intelligence, and so on). It's a desert cult for idiots. A "Germanic Muslim" is an oxymoron.

I also find it hilarious when Muslims call us names like "barbarians". We're not the ones who are stoning girls to death and raping young boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfadur View Post
    And that, I guess, is the crux here. The polytheistic gods of Germanic paganism are basically idealized "divine" representations of all the different aspects of the human psyche, and are thus fallible like human beings and bound to the whims of fate. The gods of the Indo-European pantheons are not "God" in the monotheistic sense. If you've read your Evola, he basically argues that polytheism came naturally to Indo-Europeans because they are a "solar race" and strive to become demi-gods themselves. The "will to power", so to speak.
    Sounds very interesting, and true. Which book by Evola was that in?

Last Online
    Monday, September 2nd, 2019 @ 10:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    British-German
    Subrace
    Nordid-Cromagnid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Throne and Altar
    Religion
    Aryajnana
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Saxon View Post
    Islam doesn't even have the few good traits of Judaism (putting a value on education and intelligence, and so on).
    I believe I read somewhere that the Arabic word "Ilm" or knowledge is the second most used word in the Quran aside from "Allah" and that education, intelligence, and knowledge (especially of God) is the one the single most important values in Islam.

Before putting Islam below Judaism, perhaps you should investigate the morality of the Talmud, especially toward gentiles.

Last Online
    Friday, May 11th, 2012 @ 10:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Teutonic
    Ancestry
    Germany, England, Scotland
    Country
    Natural Law
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plantagenet View Post
    and that education, intelligence, and knowledge (especially of God) is the one the single most important values in Islam.
    Is this supposed to be a joke? I've actually seen Arab Muslims before, in their natural habitat. Easily among the most primitive and anti-intellectual people on the planet, and I don't see backwardness as a "virtue". I think the European members of Skadi, who have to deal with Muslim immigrants in their everyday lives, share my negative opinion of these people.

Before putting Islam below Judaism, perhaps you should investigate the morality of the Talmud, especially toward gentiles.
    I didn't say Judaism was "good", and I know how the Jews think about the goyim. Jews are probably even more dangerous to us than Muslims, because of their cunning and endless promotion of anti-white politics.